integra

2000integra
0

Asked by 2000integra Sep 05, 2008 at 09:55 PM about the 2000 Acura Integra

hi, i have an automatic 2000 integra with a b18b1 engine in it. i was just wondering if you think it would be safe just to upgrade intake(cold air intake,throttle body, and intake manifold) exhaust(headers, high flow cat, and a cat back exhaust) and all the fuel components?

Joe Howey
45

i just up graded my car with the same mods, (skunk2 manifold and throttle bottle, injen shortty). its not gonna hurt the car @ all but will make you run very rich. the hp gains are decent and deffinatly worth it. watch out for the tbody tho. i had to back to stock because it was just sucking too much air and stallin out on me. i already got the headers and 2in exhaust and the gains are decent there too. the feul components wont give much but wont hurt either.

James Lykins
50

agreed... fuel isn't gonna be a problem... Car is gonna be a bit rich from the factory anyways I/H/E stuff isnt gonna make your car fast, but you'll notice a difference, and it will be more fun to drive... until you wanna go faster

Paul Lawlor
25

I have a '91 Integra B18. It smokes the '94 - 00 model Integras!! I have done all that you speak of and more! My first piece of advice, especially if yours is a daily driver, is DO YOUR RESEARCH!!! If you are doing the work yourself, make sure you know what you are doing. If you are getting a shop to do it, make sure they know what they are doing! You can get all the intake gear for cheap but often these parts are not precision made and require machining and fabricating for them to fit. They are often made of lower quality materials and often lack longevity with fit, finish and or performance. AEM and Injen are good companies with their R & D and specialize in pulleys, fuel and air systems. MSD is another good upgrade for your car's ignition... it should be easier for yours than mine! Headers: I went with DC Sport ceramics. They installed easier than the stock headers and they look beautiful!! Be careful with high flow cat backs! These cars get their power from back pressure!! It's hard to beat an Acura, OEM exhaust. You might want to look to see if there is any difference between the RS, GSR and Type R systems and see if they would benefit you. I used a NAPA brand, 2 piece, OEM replacement. Painted it flat black with high heat paint and never thought about it again! With all that added snap, you should consider a couple of upper strut tower bars for added rigidity. All of this work is safe and welcome to your car. It's not until you get into turbos, internals and VTec Head swaps that things start to get tangly!! Enjoy and Good Luck!

Pitcrew94
0

B18B1 is just a LS model. Don't wast your money.. It's not going to do anything with that auto trans. If you had a B18C5, Now that's a different story.