1990 chevy van v8 350 ---no spark?

minniewinnie
0

Asked by minniewinnie Nov 05, 2012 at 09:52 PM about the 1990 Chevrolet Chevy Van

stalled out the other day...got power but no fuel....replaced fuel filter...started up and ran fine for one day...started up next day then stalled after a few minutes...this time I got fuel. have power to vehicle but no spark....changed plugs. wires. coil. distributor cap...whats next ...is the fuel filter replacement just a fluke or is it related to starting problem?

12,755

The sensor that controls spark. I'm not certain as to whether yours is in the distributor or on the front of the engine. I think its in the distributor but I'm not positive. Crank position sensor. If you want I can dig up the Chiltons step by step process to diagnosing the no spark issue just let me know if you want me to get it. 75% of the answers I post on here are not responded to by the person asking so for me to look it up I need to know that you are going to use it.

myersga
0

I would definitely use it, my 91' ram 350 just did the same thing to me

12,755

I don't follow Ford or Mopar so If you asked a question I never saw it myersga. Sorry.