how do i turn off the spanner symbol on the dash of my citroen saxo 1.1 litre petrol ,01 plate

marius19_76
0

Asked by marius19_76 Sep 20, 2013 at 08:20 PM about the 2001 Citroen Saxo

citroen saxo petrol 1.1 petrol,year 2001

judge_roy

if you've got an OBD-II scan port (not three feet from the ignition) connect a scan tool to clear the code...if not there is a way...I believe it's hold down the trip-odometer while turning it into the on position five times in succession~...this is merely off the cuff as I have not investigated the subtleties of the citroen~

Paul Matthews
1,915

Most Citroens the spanner symbol is a Service reminder. If you have not had the service done, do so. Once serviced with the Key in the OFF position press and hold the trip button on the dash. Then switch the ignition switch so that the ignition lights come on - DO NOT START THE ENGINE. Still with the trip button depressed you will then get a countdown displayed in the odometer, when you get '=0' displayed your service reminder will be reset.