Hi, I have a 2005 Toyota Avensis 1.6L petrol model. It's fuel consumption measured at average 31mpg on a recent long haul trip. Is this not unusually low?

Pat180810
5

Asked by Pat180810 Aug 18, 2010 at 04:59 AM about the 2005 Toyota Avensis

It was motorway driving at average speed of 110-120KPH with two adults and two children and a boot full of luggage - any comments? Low fuel consumption or not?

Shane Lynch
25

I can get 38 to 44 mpg with a full load and higher speeds it could be bad fuel some places I fill up and get alot lower mpg.

Pat180810
5

Thanks Shane - I now agree that sub standard fuel could contribute to the problem. However, I have since replaced the clutch in the car (it became quite obvious subsequently that there was a clutch problem) and that has resulted in much improved mpg. However, I also did monitor of fuel with various garages and it was the case that fuel from certain garages resulted in lower mpg.