Thumping noise wen hiting bumps

Padge
0

Asked by Padge Jul 10, 2012 at 03:07 PM about the 2003 Toyota Avensis

Hi I recently bought a 03 Toyota Avensis It's the 05/06 shaped one not 02 shape wen I bought the car ter has been
a loud thumping/dodododo noise wen I go over bumps I replaced I think it's called a stabilizer bar as some one said
it could be tat but it did not work any one any thoughts on wat it could be ?
Also wen I reach over 60 mph up to 80 mph the car shakes any ideas on wat tat could be ?

MrEvolution
255

How about the spare tire in the trunk. Is anything loose back there. Or take it to a mechanic and have it checked out

Padge
0

Ya I will be going macanic just trying get a few tips first as macanics like to leave a hole in my pocket ha I went to on and he told me stabilizer bar I think is called but ended up not been tat the shaking I think might be wheel balancing as far as I am reading from net but the noise in back wheel a lot of people having same kinda prob but not getting many answers hoping some one out ter might had same prob tat I can get tips from before going macanic

Kljaver
0

I had the same problem with my Avensis:When I was driving up to 85km/h everything was ok,then when I reach speed 90km/h toyota started to shake until 95-100km/h and this was only if a push the accelerator.After 100 km/h everything was ok. I went to my mechanic and after long thinking he discovered that the problem was in drive axle. With my toyota now is everthing ok. My advise is to check drive axle. please give me feedback about this problem. Regards