2005 Ford Freestar has a shake in the front when you apply power after changing the right CV joint.

thewell1936
15

Asked by thewell1936 Jun 02, 2011 at 03:05 PM about the 2005 Ford Freestar

The mechanic has tried 2 CV axles and it still does it. Please help

Briant Vidrih
105

When applying power, you mean accelerating, correct?

thewell1936
15

Yes

Briant Vidrih
105

It could be the joints themselves. get your mechanic to look at the u-joints (if any) and the a-arm and all bearings for any unnecessary movement.

Mathieu Beauchamp
265

why u change the cv joint? if its after a smash...its probably the differential...check the inner side of the old cv joint for anormal appearance...also check the freeplay of the joint close to tranny by applying hand pressure in up n down way (noon to 6) if all this are ok be sure u got the good cv joint, this appen to me on a gm due to a smash :(