Do I need to remove the widows to replace the felts on my El Camino?

jocrock
0

Asked by jocrock Apr 05, 2012 at 09:15 PM about the 1983 Chevrolet El Camino

John Brensinger
255

No, but you do have to remove the door panels. Get a longer sized phillips screwdriver, preferable with a magnetic tip, and that should do the trick. Also, once you remove the door panel the window will move farther away from the door side felts. For the door panel side, make sure you have a good pair of side cutters and pliers, those staples are heavy duty. To install the new ones, pop-rivet them in place, they hold a lot better than small screws. I had all four om mine done in about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Hopefully that helps, Good luck!

You think this is helpful.
Best Answer
jocrock
0

That is exactly what I needed to know! thank you very much!