how do you tell the difference between a 1993 chevy cavalier vl and a 1993 chevy cavalier rs

merls95
0

Asked by merls95 Jun 07, 2012 at 05:41 PM about the 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier

6,505

other than the obvious RS badge a VL is the BASIC model and just about any and every power assist or even a vanity lighting was opional. If you have power mirrors, power windows, body trim, sun visors, vanity mirrors on them, or a V6 you have an RS. If it has nothing like that it is probably a VL

You think this is helpful.
homeboymi
425

Andrew is right. I have a 93 VL and it didn't even have an outside mirror on the passengers side. No air, 5 speed. Upper 30s gas mileage. Once I got 43 mpg on the freeway. Good, basic, reliable transportation.

You think this is helpful.
Rucko
2,585

still one of the worst cars chevy ever made !

homeboymi
425

Yea right Rucko, I have 225,000 miles on mine with no major problems. Doesn't burn any oil between oil changes and gets excellant gas mileage. Apparently you don't have any idea what you're talking about. Another internet troll!

6,505

I will say this to defend these cars. Me and my friend got ahold of a 91 rs already in awful looking condition. We took it mudding. Cut off the exhaust and redlined it when next to anyricer kid and jammed it into drive to do a small burnout. After 3 months of torture the fuel pump went out. Still in fine mechanical shape. Sold it for nothing due to lack of windows.

Rucko
2,585

well you must have got lucky ,ive been working on cars for over 20 years & the car i fix most is cavaliers , grand ams, & luminas. how long have you worked on cars? so yeah i know what i'm talking about ,troll.

Rucko
2,585

I'm just telling it like it is ! you obviously just don't know any better . talk to me when you mature a lil.

6,505

Cavaliers, grand-ams, and luminas are often owned by people who wont take care of the cars in the first place No offense to the people who do take care of them. I'm was only talking about the 4 cylinder in the 91 cavalier that we had and i cant vouch for any other platform. By the way... you sir Rucko are the troll

79bMalibubamaboy
5

Well rucko is right they are junk especially grandams with the quad 4 they are all junk. He ain't no troll u asked a ? And he gave u a answer. Don't ask for advise if ur not going to use it. That's peoples problem try to be nice to them and they are fuck sticks. Grow up thanks for ur help rucko it's helped me out

homeboymi
425

@79bMalibubamaboy's .......What a moron!!! Go back to school and learn how to write. Maybe they will teach you how to think right too. Crawl back under your rock you idiot!!!

6,505

Lol, the question was how to tell the differance between VL and RS. Rucko had nothing useful on that matter. And 79bMalibubamaboy, you just brought up a 2 week old post to life. Your a troll too.