how do you tell the difference between a 1993 chevy cavalier vl and a 1993 chevy cavalier rs

merls95
0

Asked by Jun 07, 2012 at 05:41 PM about the 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier

12,485

other than the obvious RS badge a VL is the BASIC model and just about any and every power assist or even a vanity lighting was opional. If you have power mirrors, power windows, body trim, sun visors, vanity mirrors on them, or a V6 you have an RS. If it has nothing like that it is probably a VL

homeboymi
575

Andrew is right. I have a 93 VL and it didn't even have an outside mirror on the passengers side. No air, 5 speed. Upper 30s gas mileage. Once I got 43 mpg on the freeway. Good, basic, reliable transportation.

Rucko
2,915

still one of the worst cars chevy ever made !

homeboymi
575

Yea right Rucko, I have 225,000 miles on mine with no major problems. Doesn't burn any oil between oil changes and gets excellant gas mileage. Apparently you don't have any idea what you're talking about. Another internet troll!

12,485

I will say this to defend these cars. Me and my friend got ahold of a 91 rs already in awful looking condition. We took it mudding. Cut off the exhaust and redlined it when next to anyricer kid and jammed it into drive to do a small burnout. After 3 months of torture the fuel pump went out. Still in fine mechanical shape. Sold it for nothing due to lack of windows.

Rucko
2,915

well you must have got lucky ,ive been working on cars for over 20 years & the car i fix most is cavaliers , grand ams, & luminas. how long have you worked on cars? so yeah i know what i'm talking about ,troll.

Rucko
2,915

I'm just telling it like it is ! you obviously just don't know any better . talk to me when you mature a lil.

12,485

Cavaliers, grand-ams, and luminas are often owned by people who wont take care of the cars in the first place No offense to the people who do take care of them. I'm was only talking about the 4 cylinder in the 91 cavalier that we had and i cant vouch for any other platform. By the way... you sir Rucko are the troll

79bMalibubamaboy
5

Well rucko is right they are junk especially grandams with the quad 4 they are all junk. He ain't no troll u asked a ? And he gave u a answer. Don't ask for advise if ur not going to use it. That's peoples problem try to be nice to them and they are fuck sticks. Grow up thanks for ur help rucko it's helped me out

homeboymi
575

@79bMalibubamaboy's .......What a moron!!! Go back to school and learn how to write. Maybe they will teach you how to think right too. Crawl back under your rock you idiot!!!

12,485

Lol, the question was how to tell the differance between VL and RS. Rucko had nothing useful on that matter. And 79bMalibubamaboy, you just brought up a 2 week old post to life. Your a troll too.

Raven Luzbel
5

..i actually am a troll. and the question got answered. this comment is pointless. but im 35 & im not white & only got a bachelor's, so living this shit life as is ; i recently got me a 1991 VL. true, very basic, but also very reliable -& my knowledge comes from a lifetime of shit-mechanic jobs & shit cars i've owned and helped many folks fix theirs of all brands/models.. i say this; this 91 VL cav fell into the right hands (mine). i dont care about no FAST&FURIOUS modern day silver-spoon kid shit. i already forsee the solid actual facts that lead me to claim this be as reliable as any competitive frame & block & overall engineering design [except aerodynmx] and after MY STYLE tune up, these cars are indeed from that era when companies were more honest and sold a product for owners to keep and maintain on their own accord without being dealership slaves for life. it takes a beating. and mine is now gonna live its golden years after god knows what all its been through. if i could only begin to write all the surprises i have found and run into. lol . i can tell many rookies gave up on it in the past or just didnt care. but its mine now. my 1991 chevy cavalier VL 2.2L ...js