2012 Chevrolet Cruze User Reviews

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Overall: 4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars 4.4 / 5

PROS
"handling" 6 reviews
"turbo" 5 reviews
"sound" 3 reviews
CONS
"tires" 2 reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 21 2012 Chevrolet Cruze reviews.

Agent355 bought one because:
Agent355

The Cruz had better handling and better mpg. Than the non hybrid competitors. I would prior to have more reliability in the future and lose a little more gas.

Cruze
Looking for a Used Cruze in your area?
CarGurus has 44,512 nationwide Cruze listings starting at $6,500.
Amherstfrog bought one because:
Amherstfrog

The Miata was the car that I replace when I bought the Cruze. The Miata is a great car for having fun but not very practical. I had it for 8 years, which is 4 years longer than I usually keep a car. The Cruze is a good car for half the price. It is basically the same engine (a little different tuned). It handles very good and in cases is as good as the Miata. The Cruze is 10 more miles per gallon even though it is around 2000 pounds heavier. Kudos to Chevrolet for finally making a mid-size compact.

Overall:

Pros

Love the spirit of the 1.4L Turbo and the Tech.

Cons

RECALLS! Blind spots everywhere but that's most Chevy's these days.

rjp3586

Like It But Can Be Boring At Times — Wish they had an option for a bigger turbo and less recalls. The coolant problems I have had are slowly becoming a pain in the rear. The original battery was defective and swole up with a sulfur odor. I didn't want another AC Delco battery so purchased one out of pocket.

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco Review
Accessories:
Long Trips:
Overall:

Pros

The car has 100 % outstanding fuel economy for its class. I've had a blast driving it from my home in NC to Texas and even further than that. Really comfy front and back seats. Great car for a newly-wed couple with either a new baby or a pet. It's had the same battery for about 2.5 years almost 3 and I haven't had a problem. Maintenance is easy (I'm also ASE certified) and it rides great. Currently pushing around 180 hp/ 175 Tq. after a few easy and inexpensive mods. Smaller car = smaller price!

Cons

First you get married. Then you get a Cruze. Everythings great. Then, she wants a dog. No problem, seeing as how you can fit a large breed dog kennel in the trunk. But then comes the baby. and Vacations become a WHOLE lot more complicated. Dog, baby, baby's suitcase, your/your wife's suitcase, dog kennel, and stroller. If i ever meet someone who can fit all of that into a Cruze and still be comfy, I'll award them the biggest medal they have ever seen. ALSO NOTE==== the Cruze ECO does NOT == DOES NOT== come with a spare tire, as it was a weightsaving technique from Chevrolet.

Royster_88

Absolutely Amazing For A Starter Car!! — Really sporty car to drive. Handles great and is quite the little bullet off the line. As for maintenance, it is really easy and cheap to maintain. I have done all the maintenance and have not had a problem. AWESOME!

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco Review
Overall:

Pros

awesome gas MPG
at lower gears 2,3,4 great power - a dog once in 5 and 6th gear and hard to get anywhere without drastic downshift

Cons

no power at all in 6th gear and hard to get any until shift to 3rd

hansctots

Great Handling Economy Car — Love the really tight steering. handles better than most cars i have had. Ride is comfortable and noise pretty good even on highway. Certainly worth the price paid for it. did have to replace turbo charger but under warranty so happy with that.

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT Review
Overall:

Pros

Peppy engine w/great gas mileage, love the sunroof and sound system, love the color (Crystal Red Tintcoat?) reminds me of the candy apple red from the 80s!

Cons

I realize the Cruze is an econocar, but I have been in competitors with more rear legroom.

Love Our Cruze Lt/rs — My partner and I bought our Cruze LT/RS with 14K miles. It has the premium audio and sunroof. We leased an LS prior to this and the difference in the engine and quietness is amazing. We get better gas mileage AND have more power with the LT. I use this car to commute for grad school and drive about 50 miles each way (about 35 are hwy) several times a week. I average about 36 mpg. We have been extremely happy with this car and would buy it again in a heartbeat!

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT Review
Overall:

Pros

Amazing looks, fun to drive, very nice, solid, sounding doors. very quiet. Turbo has great pickup and gas mileage is very nice!

Cons

Back seat could stand to be a bit roomier. Pioneer stereo model SUCKS! Great bass, very nice power, but almost no sound out of the rear speakers. Chevy is aware of it (personally spoke to the designer for Chevy) but refuses to address the issue. This is my THIRD and LAST Cruze. Honestly not anything really bad to say, amazing little car. If you get the regular stereo or if rear speaker sound isnt an issue for you, best car to get!

chuck5330

Love It! Would Highly Recommend It! — Most if it is summed up above. Front wheel drive, turbo engine, great gas mileage, all things considered, it was a great buy all three times we did it. I'm just picky when it comes to sound, and the pioneer setup just didn't perform to my standards. I spend a fair amount of time in my car and music is important to me.

Overall:

Pros

Fuel mileage,color,handling

Cons

small fuel tank!!

Paul16349

Awesome!! — so far so good! Absolutly fun to drive,4cyl.with the turbo charger is way more powerful then I would amagined. The low profile tires grip the road very well.The on board GPS works well with directions well in advanced.Would recommend to anyone.

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT Fleet Review
Overall:

Pros

Love it!

Cons

None to date

Great On Gas! — I Love this car, traded in my jeep Liberty for a better fuel economy car and has saved me so much money. Beautiful silver in color, leather seats and comfortable on long drives. I Would recommend this car to anyone.

Parking:
Overall:

Pros

The seats hold you well and the heated seats make the winters very nice!

Cons

I feel the road noise could have been reduced a little better.

Take The Cruze For A Cruise. — I got the car about a year ago and I have never regretted it. I certainly miss my 850 GLT Volvo. The seats and sound system are awesome. It heats and cools nicely (especially since it came with automatic climate control).

Displaying 1 - 10 of 21 2012 Chevrolet Cruze reviews.

Rank your car

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Reviews

Love This Car By Brittanie1234

This car gets good gas mileage and is fun to drive. I have a family of five and we can all fit in it pretty comfortably. It came with a lot of nice extra features, I love the hands free talking. Read More

My 2014 Chevy Cruze By aa548098

This car is mainly for my wife to go to and from work. It is 80 miles round trip so excellent gas milage was number one on the required list. Has good pickup with the turbo, and handles well on the ... Read More

Read all 3 2014 Chevrolet Cruze reviews

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Reviews

Sleek Design Nice Interior Look By RichGriffin

Color options are nice, the car has sharp look to it. Front end is similar to me of the camarro. The back seat area has plenty of room, good on gas and perfect to get back and forth to work in. Factor... Read More

Chevy Cruze By jerevan

Not a whole lot to say, this car gets up when you need it (turbo is nice) takes a second to kick in though. Not the most stylish car, but its respectable. Kind of wish I still owned a Honda for the mo... Read More

Read all 10 2013 Chevrolet Cruze reviews

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Reviews

It Is A Good Ride. I'm Happy ! By tuckthemac

very nice car. served me well and still does. she's compact so there's no reason to go wild with lots of space.... you can just go with and inside the flow of traffic.... you have to be economically c... Read More

Very Reliable Nice Car By mandicares

It's great. Love the sound system overall wonderful little first car for me.. Please contact me for more information.. Has new tires all service is up to date I work for the dealership I bought it at ... Read More

Read all 20 2011 Chevrolet Cruze reviews

People researching a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze contacted a dealer about

Chevrolet Cruze
Volkswagen Jetta
Mazda MAZDA3
Ford Focus
Cruze
Looking for a Used Cruze in your area?
CarGurus has 44,512 nationwide Cruze listings starting at $6,500.