2012 Chevrolet Cruze User Reviews

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Review Ratings

• Review your car

• Overall: 4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars 4.4 / 5

PROS
"handling" 5 reviews
"turbo" 4 reviews
"sound" 3 reviews
CONS

Displaying 1 - 10 of 16 2012 Chevrolet Cruze reviews.

tabresch writes:
Interior Noise:
Overall:

Pros

Sporty and quick, easy to drive, family friendly, gas mileage exceeds sticker estimates, large back seat

Cons

No spare tire, too much interior plastic

tabresch

'12 Chevy Cruze Eco — I really liked how fun this car was to drive. On a few 200 mile trips the car drove very smooth and my passengers and I agreed that the seats felt great too. However, the front two seats may not tailored for larger or tall people. Overall this is a great family car and a huge gas saver.

Cruze
Looking for a Used Cruze in your area?
CarGurus has 58,732 nationwide Cruze listings starting at $6,900.
Georgezak writes:
Overall:

Pros

Cheap on gas

Cons

Very poor quality of parts. Very expensive parts from a dealer, some parts are more expensive than BMW!

Georgezak

Cheap On Gas, Poor Quality, Unreasonably Expensive Parts — Parts are way too expensive! We also have 2011 bmw 7 series and some parts are cost more for cruze! They sell you a car for a decent price but they will make their money on service and parts. Today most parts are VIN specific and its hard to find cheap used parts as it used to be few years ago, this is how GM makes money now. Quality are real poor, steel are soft, cheap plastic. Not happy with the car. I think it should cost no more than 9K brand new

Brian writes:
2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT Review
Overall:

Pros

Peppy engine w/great gas mileage, love the sunroof and sound system, love the color (Crystal Red Tintcoat?) reminds me of the candy apple red from the 80s!

Cons

I realize the Cruze is an econocar, but I have been in competitors with more rear legroom.

Love Our Cruze Lt/rs — My partner and I bought our Cruze LT/RS with 14K miles. It has the premium audio and sunroof. We leased an LS prior to this and the difference in the engine and quietness is amazing. We get better gas mileage AND have more power with the LT. I use this car to commute for grad school and drive about 50 miles each way (about 35 are hwy) several times a week. I average about 36 mpg. We have been extremely happy with this car and would buy it again in a heartbeat!

chuck5330 writes:
2012 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT Review
Overall:

Pros

Amazing looks, fun to drive, very nice, solid, sounding doors. very quiet. Turbo has great pickup and gas mileage is very nice!

Cons

Back seat could stand to be a bit roomier. Pioneer stereo model SUCKS! Great bass, very nice power, but almost no sound out of the rear speakers. Chevy is aware of it (personally spoke to the designer for Chevy) but refuses to address the issue. This is my THIRD and LAST Cruze. Honestly not anything really bad to say, amazing little car. If you get the regular stereo or if rear speaker sound isnt an issue for you, best car to get!

chuck5330

Love It! Would Highly Recommend It! — Most if it is summed up above. Front wheel drive, turbo engine, great gas mileage, all things considered, it was a great buy all three times we did it. I'm just picky when it comes to sound, and the pioneer setup just didn't perform to my standards. I spend a fair amount of time in my car and music is important to me.

Paul16349 writes:
2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ Review
Overall:

Pros

Fuel mileage,color,handling

Cons

small fuel tank!!

Paul16349

Awesome!! — so far so good! Absolutly fun to drive,4cyl.with the turbo charger is way more powerful then I would amagined. The low profile tires grip the road very well.The on board GPS works well with directions well in advanced.Would recommend to anyone.

Jen writes:
2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT Fleet Review
Overall:

Pros

Love it!

Cons

None to date

Great On Gas! — I Love this car, traded in my jeep Liberty for a better fuel economy car and has saved me so much money. Beautiful silver in color, leather seats and comfortable on long drives. I Would recommend this car to anyone.

Timothy writes:
2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ Review
Parking:
Overall:

Pros

The seats hold you well and the heated seats make the winters very nice!

Cons

I feel the road noise could have been reduced a little better.

Take The Cruze For A Cruise. — I got the car about a year ago and I have never regretted it. I certainly miss my 850 GLT Volvo. The seats and sound system are awesome. It heats and cools nicely (especially since it came with automatic climate control).

Stuart writes:
2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT Review
Overall:

Pros

The handling is great

Cons

Could use more than 138 HP.

Great Little Commuter. — Great commuter car, has all the tech you could want in a car, bluetooth phone, onstar, USB/Ipod intergration. The fuel economy is great, it averages around 5.8L/100km in a 50/50 commute of city/highway driving. Haven't had any mechanical failures as of yet.

Dave writes:
2012 Chevrolet Cruze Review
Accessories:
Long Trips:
Overall:

Pros

The backup camera is the most efficient use of technology I ever seen in any vehicle yet!

Cons

Acceleration may have a small delay when at a stop.

Technologically Advanced — Performance: Acceleration may have a small delay when at a stop. Braking is quite decent, and handling is excellent. Build Quality: The only con is the revving noise after coming to a stop while accelerating. Sometimes the vehicle can "catch up", yet that is due to its economical engine style. Appearance: The styling is impressive. I love the look of this vehicle, and it makes it comfortable to drive. Cost of Ownership: I never owned this vehicle since I drove this vehicle twice from a rental dealership. Fun Factor:

AnthonyJay11 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Car is still pretty new with great milage

Cons

A few minor scratches on the front

AnthonyJay11

The Car Is In Great Conditon, Still Pretty New, Great Milage. — I have no dislikes about the car. The gas is good, its a nice looking car, and no major damage just a few small scratches on the front and the back. Overall it is a really good car to have.

Displaying 1 - 10 of 16 2012 Chevrolet Cruze reviews.

Review your car

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Reviews

The 2014 Cruze Is A Good Compact Car, But Some Things Annoy Me By TaazKareem

I just leased this car a few weeks ago. So I'll tell you my opinion thus far. One thing that I really liked about the 2014 Chevy Cruze, is the interior on the 2LT and LTZ model. When I test drove ... Read More

Read all 2014 Chevrolet Cruze reviews

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Reviews

Chevy Cruze By jerevan

Not a whole lot to say, this car gets up when you need it (turbo is nice) takes a second to kick in though. Not the most stylish car, but its respectable. Kind of wish I still owned a Honda for the mo... Read More

Chevy Cruze... Great Car For The Money By nickiter

Price, fuel economy, options... great value! It is the quietest car in its class. In my opinion, it is the best car for the dollar in this range. On top of that, the cost of insurance is really low as... Read More

Read all 9 2013 Chevrolet Cruze reviews

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Reviews

Nice By Jorge

Nice car... Looks great but I think Chevy still has a long way to go if they really want to turn it into a world auto (as they described it in the pre-launch comercials). Good overall vehicle for dail... Read More

Best Small Car By Effingers

The cruze is a great car for anyone without kids and not often having back seat passengers. It drives great, looks great, and is comfortable. It's priced very well and has many great features. I feel ... Read More

Read all 18 2011 Chevrolet Cruze reviews

People researching a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze contacted a dealer about

Chevrolet Cruze
Volkswagen Jetta
Mazda MAZDA3
Ford Focus
Cruze
Looking for a Used Cruze in your area?
CarGurus has 58,732 nationwide Cruze listings starting at $6,900.