2011 Ford F-150 User Reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 23 2011 Ford F-150 reviews.

castle55 writes:
2011 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCab 6.5ft Bed Review
Overall:

Pros

The thing I like the most about my F-150 is the 5.0-liter four-valve dual-overhead-camshaft Ti-VCT V8.  It has360 horsepower at 5,500 rpm and 380 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,250 rpmĀ· I has good fuel economy for a truck and is Best-in-class with 9,800 pounds maximum trailer tow.
The back seat is comfortable enough for medium length trips of two to three hours for adult to not cramp up, and for kids (well, they're kids, they have to adapt).
The  XLT features chrome exterior trim (including the grille), an upgraded cloth interior, cruise control, and full power accessories.
Most of all it very comfortable and has height-adjustable brake and gas peddles to further accommodate the driving position.  The cab is comfortable and well appointed.
The basic information center has enough techie information and settings for those who like to use their time programming stuff.
The truck bed is deep and even though I have not had a bed-cover on my previous trucks I like this one as it keep things out of sight, dry, and still pretty accessible.  If I need to move a refrigerator; I can take it off.  The cover might actually help with fuel mileage on the highway (at 23+/-mpg) , but not around town where I get about 12.6 mpg average.
A very nice 2WD Truck with a comfortable ride, and great freeway mileage
Excellent A/C, Heat and Vent system. The round dash vents are a most clever design with the capability of 360 degree rotation and positioning.
Key F-150 options include the SFE (superior fuel economy) package that's available on both the 2WD SuperCrew XL and XLTs with the 4.6-liter high-output V8. The SFE package includes the 5.5-foot bed, a 3.15:1 rear axle ratio and low-rolling-resistance tires.
This truck provides reliable, shop-free service for me. I bought it used with 60,000 proven  miles on it and I do my own basic maintenance.

Cons

1.  Perhaps the factory wheels could be a more standard size as the 17 inch wheel limits the tire choices, although the Dunlops are a great addition for replacement

2. This is the only complaint I have about the mechanics of the vehicle. It is documented in plenty of online forums going back a few years, so it is puzzling why the FORD engineers haven't  gotten to remedying the problem.  Otherwise the F-150 is a 21st century technical marvel! The drive shaft is a two-piece construct.  They are known to become lubrication dry in the yoke where the two driveshaft splines mesh, after so many miles in service;   The driveshaft is designed to move slightly back and forth, and when the Poly-lube drys out the inside yoke of the shaft will stick due to tension and then it releases with a 'bump' (or slap)  that you can feel through the vehicle, and upon the vehicle stopping and starting to go again it 'resets it's position with the bump.
Is it harmful to the drive-train? Probably not, and Ford does know about the fix in the form of a kit you can buy at the dealer, with the lube, rubber boot and calmps, to re-lube the splines.
If you are under warranty, the dealer should do the re-lube for free.
3. The transmission is a bit sensitive to slower parking lot speeds, tending to shift into 2nd gear, as it senses a 'lift-throttle event' as the time to up-shift.  Sometimes I place it in manual mode to remain in 1st gear to avoid SelectShift's confusion.

castle55

Love The Sound Of The Truck Exhaust Note On Spirited Acceleration. — 2011 FORD F150 5.0L V8 32V F/I SMPI The 5.0 V-8 has a Six-Speed automatic powertrain. The 6-speed 6R80 transmission SelectShift Automatic progressive range select and manual electric shift mode is a great combination especially for mountain or hill driving when you need to remain in the same gear on windy roads or downgrades. 4-Wheel Disc brakes provide good stopping power. The interior is well appointed with grey fabric (which I really like) . The design and look of the dash and gauges is set up for good ergonomic interaction. It puzzles me why the interior stylists place so much chrome trim in the interior when it can reflect sunlight into your eyes. Is there glare-absorbing chrome out there? I have driven this truck in the mountains and on two-lane country roads. It has great engine power, balance, and handling if you push it. I feel very safe driving this truck.

Primary Use: Utility (towing boats, transporting cargo, etc.)

F-150
Looking for a Used F-150 in your area?
CarGurus has 118,010 nationwide F-150 listings starting at $1,500.
Npbball writes:
Overall:

Pros

Roomy, rides great, gets the job done

Cons

Factory Michelin tires were not good, replaced them and truck looks and rides much better

Npbball

Great Truck For Truck Lovers — Roomy vehicle and great for long trips . Looks great and handles well. Sync makes listening to iTunes music a breeze so you don't have to get tired of talkative djs. Love my new toyo open country tires because they add a tough look to the truck instead of factory tires.

debwhite57 writes:
2011 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew 5.5ft Bed Review
Interior Noise:
Long Trips:
Visibility:
Overall:

Pros

Roomy, great visibility, comfort A-1, looks great, better than expected gas mileage

Cons

Big step up to get in, 18-20 mpg,

debwhite57

Awesome Vehicle — I love my ford f-150 lariate, beautiful, extra comfortable, roomy. Ford makes the best looking truck anywhere. I would recommend this vehicle to everyone, especially if you have a large family or members of the family are especially tall.

Freyguy08 writes:
2011 Ford F-150 FX4 SuperCrew 5.5ft Bed 4WD Review
Overall:

Pros

This truck can do it all! I love the power of the Eco-Boost. Doesn't really get much better MPGS than the 8 but its not terrible. Very comfortable.

Cons

Kind of a quiet start for me. I like a truck to sound like a truck and make the pictures on the wall rumbler.

Freyguy08

I Love This Truck! — I got my first F-150 in 2009 when the body style was changed. I loved that one and decided I will always have the 150's as long as they don't change too much. The power is incredible, the room in the back makes it so I can have the drivers seat all the way back and everybody has plenty of leg room!

Emrldeye writes:
Overall:

Pros

Race red with lots of chrome. 5 liter engine 6 speed,all kinds of power.Power seats very comfortable excellent for good posture while driving.Remote start and door lock security. Rolln lock bed cover tinted glass.Easy to get in lots of leg room.

Cons

Gas prices are bad for this truck, with exception to ethenol.  14 to 19 mpg.

Emrldeye

Excellent Ride! — You can be running 70 mph and not realize it.The wheel base and suspension make this an excellent ride.The engine torque and six speed transmission get you moving fast early.Race red paint, chrome wheels, and step bars are very bright and appealing.Power bucket seats fit like a glove and adjust precisely to the driver.

Emrldeye writes:
2011 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew 5.5ft Bed 4WD Review
Overall:

Pros

I'm 6'2" tall this truck has plenty of leg room. The power seat helps fine tune my sitting position and maintain posture support.

Cons

The price of gasoline.

Emrldeye

Very Nice Ride! — 5.0 liter has plenty of power, 6 speed shifts early and really gets me rolling.Long wheel base and performance suspension rides nice and smooth.The race red paint,chrome step bars, and 18" chrome wheels makes for some real eye candy!

Geoffery writes:
2011 Ford F-150 FX2 SuperCab 6.5ft Bed Review
Overall:

Pros

Powerful, stylish, trendsetter, useful

Cons

Gas, backseat space I should have went for the super crew cab

Love It — A 7,500lb pick up doing the 1/4 mile in 14 seconds with tires that have over 70,000km of use on them is amazing to me. This truck handles really well too. The brakes never seem to fade. The it tows really well too. Really fun to drive, really easy to drive. Not bad for a truck on gas. Not bad for maintenance either. 80,000 km on the original brakes still has about 40% left. I love the look and the quality.

mikes85z writes:
2011 Ford F-150 FX2 SuperCrew 5.5ft Bed Review
Overall:

Pros

Ecoboost has great power

Cons

15.7 mpg

mikes85z

Great Work Truck — I have put 60,000 miles on the truck, and it still rides amazing. I tow a 27' boat that weights 9000lbs and a car hauler that weights 7500lbs ,the motor pulls like mad. If you tow a lot I recommend putting a rear sway bar and air bags, it made a huge difference in my case. The Sony system is a must if you get a new F150

Melwinn writes:
2011 Ford F-150 Platinum SuperCrew 5.5ft Bed 4WD Review
Overall:

Pros

This is my favorite half ton truck currently made. Have had no issues and it is a blast to drive.

Cons

None

Melwinn

Favorite Truck So Far — Lots of room, plenty of power, and super comfortable and luxurious. This truck has it all. Even gets decent gas mileage compared to other cars of this size. Cant think of anything i havent enjoyed about this vehicle, i have convinced a few of my other friends to buy F150s based off of this truck as well.

2Geminis writes:
Safety:
Visibility:
Weight:
Overall:

Pros

Handles great. Rides very smoothly. Hauls what I need it to.  Plenty of room front to back.  Has all the power I need. Just an all around very good vehicle.

Cons

None.  Does everything I need it too.

2Geminis

Great Vehicle. Can't Go Wrong. — I had a 2006 F150 XLT model before the purchase of this one. It had the 5.4L engine and was a 6 1/2 ft. bed. Very good vehicle. It was an extended cab. Just wasn't happy about the gas mileage. Cannot complain one bit about this F150 4 door Crew Cab. Plenty of room in the front, and more space for passengers. The bed hauls everything I need, and what I can't fit in the bed, that's what I have a trailer for. The trailer is heavy duty and I've hauled loads grossing 9000 lbs.(truck + trailer + load). The 3.7L engine hauls it up and down the road with no problem what so ever. I get 24 mpg at 55 mph, and 20 mpg at 70 plus. It's sharp looking with that BOLD in your face look. Not complacent like some of the competition. It rides exceptionally well and is as comfortable as my previously owned Cadillac. I've owned Dodge Ram, And Chevy's Silverado in the past. This F150 is by far the better truck I've owned. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase one again!

Displaying 1 - 10 of 23 2011 Ford F-150 reviews.

Review your car

2014 Ford F-150 Reviews

Overall The Best Truck I Have Owned And Driven. By SJ6863

If you are looking for a truck that feels like a truck and not an SUV I would choose the F-150. I have driven the Ram 1500 and Nissan Titan, and both feel like an SUV. What I mean by having an SUV fee... Read More

I Really Like My Truck, I've Always Been A Chevy Guy But I'll Be Buying Ford From Now On. By Adam

Great truck. I test drove all the available trucks and ford was top of my list. Toyota was a little nicer for some things but the price difference was tremendous. Very comfortable, ecoboost is a great... Read More

Read all 3 2014 Ford F-150 reviews

2013 Ford F-150 Reviews

Overall A Great Pick Up Truck. My 5th Ford And Each One Has Improved Over The Previous Model. By DougLehr

The Best Pickup Truck for the money on the market. Microsoft Sync works great. Cabin is roomy and very well designed with quality materials. Gas mileage has improved over the previous model. Lots of... Read More

Great Truck By MPortz

Liked the overall ride and handling and comfort. I would recommend to anybody that is looking to buy a truck. Acceleration was awesome and this truck was easy to handle. towed full trailer to east c... Read More

Read all 15 2013 Ford F-150 reviews

2012 Ford F-150 Reviews

Good Allround Pickup By golfnut_bill

Good looking vechicle with plenty power and torgue. It has the 3.5l eco-boost and outshines my old 5.4L in both power and economy. The only thing I don't like is how low it is in the front end. I plan... Read More

Do All By weaubleau

The worst thing about these vehicles is the factory tires. I live about 200 yrds down a gravel road and had 5 flat tires in less than 800 miles on the truck. I put 10 ply tires on and sold the tires... Read More

Read all 17 2012 Ford F-150 reviews

2010 Ford F-150 Reviews

2010 F-150 Xlt By brady2222

This was the first truck my parents bought me as a teenager. It was purchased used. I loved it at first, but now the gas millage is killing me. I am really looking into buying a sports car now. I did... Read More

Great Truck By carmi

The only reason I am selling such a nice truck is because it is too nice to be a construction company truck. No one has driven it since I have bought it besides myself once. Would make a great family ... Read More

Read all 27 2010 Ford F-150 reviews

2009 Ford F-150 Reviews

Great Truck For Family Activities By daigleparker

This truly is the most comfortable p/u I've owned. The Super Crew cab is great, plenty for room for 5 Men. Love the leather and dual power seats. THe suspension gives a great ride on and off highway- ... Read More

I Love This Truck! By CedarPark3211

We love this truck! It provides every thing we need in a vehicle when we travel, whether its 200 miles or 2000. Still runs and drives like a new truck, we have driven it to Florida, Colorado and La... Read More

Read all 16 2009 Ford F-150 reviews

People researching a 2011 Ford F-150 contacted a dealer about

2011 Ford F-150, Front Right Quarter View, exterior, manufacturer
Ford F-150
Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Toyota Tundra
Chevrolet Tahoe
F-150
Looking for a Used F-150 in your area?
CarGurus has 118,010 nationwide F-150 listings starting at $1,500.