2011 Ford F-150 User Reviews

2011 Ford F-150 Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Performance:5 out of 5 stars5 out of 5 stars5 out of 5 stars5 out of 5 stars5 out of 5 stars 5 / 5
  • Appearance:5 out of 5 stars5 out of 5 stars5 out of 5 stars5 out of 5 stars5 out of 5 stars 5 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 / 5
  • Overall: 4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars 4.7 / 5

PROS
"comfortable car" 7 reviews
"handling" 6 reviews
CONS
"tires" 2 reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 25 2011 Ford F-150 reviews.

2011 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCab 6.5ft Bed Review
Overall:

Pros

The thing I like the most about my F-150 is the 5.0-liter four-valve dual-overhead-camshaft Ti-VCT V8.  It has360 horsepower at 5,500 rpm and 380 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,250 rpmĀ· I has good fuel economy for a truck and is Best-in-class with 9,800 pounds maximum trailer tow.
The back seat is comfortable enough for medium length trips of two to three hours for adult to not cramp up, and for kids (well, they're kids, they have to adapt).
The  XLT features chrome exterior trim (including the grille), an upgraded cloth interior, cruise control, and full power accessories.
Most of all it very comfortable and has height-adjustable brake and gas peddles to further accommodate the driving position.  The cab is comfortable and well appointed.
The basic information center has enough techie information and settings for those who like to use their time programming stuff.
The truck bed is deep and even though I have not had a bed-cover on my previous trucks I like this one as it keep things out of sight, dry, and still pretty accessible.  If I need to move a refrigerator; I can take it off.  The cover might actually help with fuel mileage on the highway (at 23+/-mpg) , but not around town where I get about 12.6 mpg average.
A very nice 2WD Truck with a comfortable ride, and great freeway mileage
Excellent A/C, Heat and Vent system. The round dash vents are a most clever design with the capability of 360 degree rotation and positioning.
Key F-150 options include the SFE (superior fuel economy) package that's available on both the 2WD SuperCrew XL and XLTs with the 4.6-liter high-output V8. The SFE package includes the 5.5-foot bed, a 3.15:1 rear axle ratio and low-rolling-resistance tires.
This truck provides reliable, shop-free service for me. I bought it used with 60,000 proven  miles on it and I do my own basic maintenance.

Cons

1.  Perhaps the factory wheels could be a more standard size as the 17 inch wheel limits the tire choices, although the Dunlops are a great addition for replacement

2. This is the only complaint I have about the mechanics of the vehicle. It is documented in plenty of online forums going back a few years, so it is puzzling why the FORD engineers haven't  gotten to remedying the problem.  Otherwise the F-150 is a 21st century technical marvel! The drive shaft is a two-piece construct.  They are known to become lubrication dry in the yoke where the two driveshaft splines mesh, after so many miles in service;   The driveshaft is designed to move slightly back and forth, and when the Poly-lube drys out the inside yoke of the shaft will stick due to tension and then it releases with a 'bump' (or slap)  that you can feel through the vehicle, and upon the vehicle stopping and starting to go again it 'resets it's position with the bump.
Is it harmful to the drive-train? Probably not, and Ford does know about the fix in the form of a kit you can buy at the dealer, with the lube, rubber boot and calmps, to re-lube the splines.
If you are under warranty, the dealer should do the re-lube for free.
3. The transmission is a bit sensitive to slower parking lot speeds, tending to shift into 2nd gear, as it senses a 'lift-throttle event' as the time to up-shift.  Sometimes I place it in manual mode to remain in 1st gear to avoid SelectShift's confusion.

castle55

Love The Sound Of The Truck Exhaust Note On Acceleration. — 2011 FORD F150 5.0L V8 32V F/I SMPI The 5.0 V-8 has a Six-Speed automatic power-train. The 6-speed 6R80 transmission SelectShift Automatic progressive range select and manual electric shift mode is a great combination especially for mountain or hill driving when you need to remain in the same gear on windy roads or downgrades. 4-Wheel Disc brakes provide good stopping power. The interior is well appointed with grey fabric (which I really like) . The design and look of the dash and gauges is set up for good ergonomic interaction. It puzzles me why the interior stylists place so much chrome trim in the interior when it can reflect sunlight into your eyes. Is there glare-absorbing chrome out there? I have driven this truck in the mountains and on two-lane country roads. It has great engine power, balance, and handling if you push it. I feel very safe driving this truck.

Primary Use: Utility (towing boats, transporting cargo, etc.)

F-150
Looking for a Used F-150 in your area?
CarGurus has 121,851 nationwide F-150 listings starting at $988.
2011 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew 5.5ft Bed Review
Overall:

Pros

Roomy, rides great, gets the job done

Cons

Factory Michelin tires were not good, replaced them and truck looks and rides much better

Npbball

Great Truck For Truck Lovers — Roomy vehicle and great for long trips . Looks great and handles well. Sync makes listening to iTunes music a breeze so you don't have to get tired of talkative djs. Love my new toyo open country tires because they add a tough look to the truck instead of factory tires.

2011 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew 5.5ft Bed Review
Interior Noise:
Long Trips:
Visibility:
Overall:

Pros

Roomy, great visibility, comfort A-1, looks great, better than expected gas mileage

Cons

Big step up to get in, 18-20 mpg,

debwhite57

Awesome Vehicle — I love my ford f-150 lariate, beautiful, extra comfortable, roomy. Ford makes the best looking truck anywhere. I would recommend this vehicle to everyone, especially if you have a large family or members of the family are especially tall.

2011 Ford F-150 FX4 SuperCrew 5.5ft Bed 4WD Review
Overall:

Pros

This truck can do it all! I love the power of the Eco-Boost. Doesn't really get much better MPGS than the 8 but its not terrible. Very comfortable.

Cons

Kind of a quiet start for me. I like a truck to sound like a truck and make the pictures on the wall rumbler.

Freyguy08

I Love This Truck! — I got my first F-150 in 2009 when the body style was changed. I loved that one and decided I will always have the 150's as long as they don't change too much. The power is incredible, the room in the back makes it so I can have the drivers seat all the way back and everybody has plenty of leg room!

Overall:

Pros

I'm 6'2" tall this truck has plenty of leg room. The power seat helps fine tune my sitting position and maintain posture support.

Cons

The price of gasoline.

Emrldeye

Very Nice Ride! — 5.0 liter has plenty of power, 6 speed shifts early and really gets me rolling.Long wheel base and performance suspension rides nice and smooth.The race red paint,chrome step bars, and 18" chrome wheels makes for some real eye candy!

2011 Ford F-150 FX2 SuperCab 6.5ft Bed Review
Overall:

Pros

Powerful, stylish, trendsetter, useful

Cons

Gas, backseat space I should have went for the super crew cab

Love It — A 7,500lb pick up doing the 1/4 mile in 14 seconds with tires that have over 70,000km of use on them is amazing to me. This truck handles really well too. The brakes never seem to fade. The it tows really well too. Really fun to drive, really easy to drive. Not bad for a truck on gas. Not bad for maintenance either. 80,000 km on the original brakes still has about 40% left. I love the look and the quality.

2011 Ford F-150 FX2 SuperCrew 5.5ft Bed Review
Overall:

Pros

Ecoboost has great power

Cons

15.7 mpg

mikes85z

Great Work Truck — I have put 60,000 miles on the truck, and it still rides amazing. I tow a 27' boat that weights 9000lbs and a car hauler that weights 7500lbs ,the motor pulls like mad. If you tow a lot I recommend putting a rear sway bar and air bags, it made a huge difference in my case. The Sony system is a must if you get a new F150

2011 Ford F-150 Platinum SuperCrew 5.5ft Bed 4WD Review
Overall:

Pros

This is my favorite half ton truck currently made. Have had no issues and it is a blast to drive.

Cons

None

Melwinn

Favorite Truck So Far — Lots of room, plenty of power, and super comfortable and luxurious. This truck has it all. Even gets decent gas mileage compared to other cars of this size. Cant think of anything i havent enjoyed about this vehicle, i have convinced a few of my other friends to buy F150s based off of this truck as well.

Overall:

Pros

does it all!

Cons

nothing!

zjames

Haul Kids Or Haul Wood...it Does It All! — this truck gets excellent mileage for a full sized pickup and the cab is extremely well designed and spacious. the rear seats fold up and out of the way if you want to haul something large inside the cab, yet 5 seconds later the seats can be folded down. bluetooth capability makes talking on the phone a breeze as you don't have to touch the phone to answer it......the list goes on and on.....

Overall:

Pros

This is a sharp looking truck!  Love the way it handles and the Ford Sync technology too!  Great power for towing or pulling too!

Cons

Fuel Economy!!  I get about 12 mpg!  Awful!

gacowgirl79

2011 Silver Ford F150 — This is a great truck and handles wonderfully! Pulls my boat and horse trailer with NO problems! And also stop on a dime with a load behind it too!! The Ford Sync technology is awesome! Makes talking on the phone much safer!! Love this truck! Just hate having to put gas in it ALL the time!

Primary Use: Utility (towing boats, transporting cargo, etc.)

Displaying 1 - 10 of 25 2011 Ford F-150 reviews.

Rank your car

2015 Ford F-150 Reviews

Amazing By mbays82

This is an amazing truck, I honestly am so glad I got a 2015! The new design and features are so great. This is the best purchase I have ever made. The F series has been totally redesigned and I can't... Read More

Read all 2015 Ford F-150 reviews

2014 Ford F-150 Reviews

Great Reliable Truck! By minic00

Reliable truck that meets the needs of any truck buyer. With strong lines, this truck is dependable, has great stability, power, spacious design, with great handling. I have zero negative feelings o... Read More

Overall The Best Truck I Have Owned And Driven. By SJ6863

If you are looking for a truck that feels like a truck and not an SUV I would choose the F-150. I have driven the Ram 1500 and Nissan Titan, and both feel like an SUV. What I mean by having an SUV fee... Read More

Read all 4 2014 Ford F-150 reviews

2013 Ford F-150 Reviews

Excellent So Far After 14,000 Miles. By Tomc130

Excellent riding vehicle-Cadillac smooth and quiet. Excellent leg room for back seats. No transmission hump in back floorboard. Can fold up backseats and comfortably sleep on floor-lots of room. M... Read More

Great Truck By kthrash

I like the looks, room, power, towing capabilities and it fits in my garage where a F250 will not. Truck gets horrible gas mileage, enough so that I purchased a Subaru to drive on a daily basis, this... Read More

Read all 21 2013 Ford F-150 reviews

2012 Ford F-150 Reviews

Awesome By XEODGuy

The ecoboost engine is fantastic, lots of low end grunt, very smooth and effortless but, they should have come with a manual mode selection (different mapping) for better fuel economy. The 3.73 rear e... Read More

Good Allround Pickup By golfnut_bill

Good looking vechicle with plenty power and torgue. It has the 3.5l eco-boost and outshines my old 5.4L in both power and economy. The only thing I don't like is how low it is in the front end. I plan... Read More

Read all 18 2012 Ford F-150 reviews

2010 Ford F-150 Reviews

Great Overall Truck By tmorris187

just the gas milage is not great but could be worse outside of that it handles great and does the job for my family and myself. the handling of this truck is good and the cargo space is good for what ... Read More

Luxury Truck By Tim

Parking, sometimes is the only dislike, that being in a "tight" spaced parking garage. Such slots can be undesirable for many vehicles . Gas mileage is not the of the "savers of such" , however a l... Read More

Read all 29 2010 Ford F-150 reviews

People researching a 2011 Ford F-150 contacted a dealer about

2011 Ford F-150, Front Right Quarter View, exterior, manufacturer
Ford F-150
Toyota Tundra
Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Ford Expedition
F-150
Looking for a Used F-150 in your area?
CarGurus has 121,851 nationwide F-150 listings starting at $988.