2009 Porsche 911 User Reviews

2009 Porsche 911 Review Ratings

• Review your car

• Performance:4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars 4.7 / 5
  • Appearance:4.9 out of 5 stars4.9 out of 5 stars4.9 out of 5 stars4.9 out of 5 stars4.9 out of 5 stars 4.9 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars 4.7 / 5
  • Overall: 4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars 4.7 / 5

PROS
"handling" 3 reviews
"sound" 2 reviews

Displaying all 10 2009 Porsche 911 reviews.

Andy writes:
2009 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Review
Overall:

Pros

I like that it is quite common and therefore attracts little attention. The small modifications from the earlier 997 add up to more than the sum of their parts.

Cons

A few recurring niggling faults with the cabriolet roof that Porsche dealer is on the 3rd attempt to repair.

2009 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet — The 2009 is a Gen 2 model with upgraded suspension, PCM (communications, touch screen navigation), exterior LED lights, new direct injection engines and PDK instead of Tiptronic. Its probably the best handling cabriolet I have yet driven, including a number of supercars and exotica.

Looking for a Used 911 in your area?
CarGurus has 3,321 nationwide 911 listings starting at $12,975.
Ahmed writes:
2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S Review
Overall:

Pros

Just awesome

Cons

That i don't know what would be my next car, till now i think it will be Carrera again, and very happy with that ))))

A Real Driving Passion — you will never feel what is driving, till you drive a Carrera, totally different feelings, the acceleration will take your breath away, the handling is more than amazing, you will feel you and the Carrera is one unit performing. it is not only about driving, but it is still a car, very reliable, has excellent build quality, and turning head look inside and outside, a comfortable Supercar which you can use it everyday, fuel consumption is almost the same or less the 2.0 L with turbo charge cars. Carrera is fun to drive and proud to own. always remember, with Carrera, every ride, is same as a first ride.

David writes:
2009 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S AWD Review
Overall:

Pros

Because I Could

Cons

nothing

Sweet — good handling easy shift digital read out telling you what is going wrong or directions for what you need to do. nice sound okay on gas. very fun to drive. it didn't need any repairs the only flaw is that if you want a hard top for a porsche you have to get it custom made becuase porsche doesn't make hard top convertibles.

Adam writes:
2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S Review
Overall:

Pros

Just an overall well rounded car, with everything you'd expect from a thoroughbred sports car.

Cons

The vehicles feel... awkward in hard cornering...

4,035

Carrera S 5/19/2009 — Smooth!!! That sums this car up in a word. Everything about it is smooth. The body lines flow in the classic teardrop shape, but seem even softer than past models. Unless you're in Sport + and gunning it the PDK transmission will shift seamlessly from one gear to the next. The engine will adjust to varying throttle positions with nearly no hesitation and responds with relatively deep grumble that barely felt in the passanger compartment. Despite driving nearly or at triple digets speeds through the infield 'S' curve at GIR, the car feels almost as if levitating. If feels airy right up untill hard braking into a turn, where you are quite well assured that the wheels are firmly planted. Despite the feel of solid handling, it's the one place I can fault this vehicle. Not because it doesn't preform, but because it does everything else better. The body roll is a bit more than I'd like and at even relatively conservative speeds you feel as if the back end wants to come out... it doesn't of course and even if you gun it through a turn the back end is very controllable, but it doesn't feel as capable in a turn as it is.

sharonsmith1 writes:
2009 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S AWD Review
Overall:

Pros

Fun to drive!

Cons

Nothing

sharonsmith1

Fabulous! — Great car! Love everything about this car...looks, handling, sound! Have no issues with this car...change the oil every spring when it comes out of storage and that's it! I would highly recommend this car to anyone who wants a fabulous performer!

Sebastian writes:
2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet Review
Overall:

Pros

great fun and perfect sound

Cons

very pricey to maintain

Amazing — the cars performance is amazing, completely different to the base Carrera. the engine and handling is a lot better than the other one. the sound with the top down has no comparison with any other car. its perfect daily driver.

Eric writes:
2009 Porsche 911 Turbo AWD Review
Overall:

Pros

if ur a car dare devil u should try out tis baby cuz it will throw u up when the second u step on the gas!!

Cons

speeding tickets ;)

Amazing Power — tis car has amazing power and very great everyday car. i customized some parts like the rims and more stuff. tis car is a beast mad!! when u sit in it, it feels so racy feeling and very fun 2 drive car. gud luck 2 u 2 get 1.

Craig writes:
Overall:

Pros

The colour (Carrara White), the performance, the PDK transmission

Cons

It's taken me 40 something years to save up for it!

My Dream Car — Best car I have ever owned or driven. It looks great in the Carrara White colour (I hesitated over the colour, but have no regrets). The engine sounds strong and smooth, like a turbine in full swing, and accelerates very strongly all the way to the red line, despite the car having over done 200 kms. Love the PDK - works remarkably well!

David14611 writes:
David14611

I Love The New 911 — Love my new 997.2. This car replaced my Corvette, which is also a wonderful car, but very different. The 911 feels more nimble and shifts a bit more smoothly. I do miss the raw torque, but I can get used to this car!! You can't go wrong with the new 911.

Layla writes:
Overall:

Pros

Quality

Cons

Nothing

My Baby — I really like my little Porsche – I got this car after Nissan 350Z and it was a nice change, quality I this car is outstanding and cannot be compared with other (on my opinion). Now I’m planning to get an upgrade - same but new. For right now this is my favorite vehicle, but I’m only 25 

Displaying all 10 2009 Porsche 911 reviews.

Review your car

2013 Porsche 911 Reviews

Now I Get The Hype. By John

2013 Cab S. fun,fast. All around fun and an amazing driver experience. I wish i could afford Two , as i am already tired of sharing with my wife. If this is a vehicle you are looking to own, I recomme... Read More

Read all 2013 Porsche 911 reviews

2012 Porsche 911 Reviews

Should I, Or Shouldn't I? By breem

That was the question. I’ve had on lease a 2009 Cayman, which at the time I made that deal, found myself quite stunned to be sitting there at the local Dealership putting pen to the dotted line. I was... Read More

Read all 2012 Porsche 911 reviews

2011 Porsche 911 Reviews

Passion And Performance Without The Top By GPMotorcars

The appearance is sexy. The performance and handling is jaw-dropping. Build quality is second-to-none. The PDK is so quick, you cannot feel it shifting. Despite being a convertible, the chassis feels ... Read More

Read all 2011 Porsche 911 reviews

2010 Porsche 911 Reviews

Best All Around Sports Car On The Market By mmotte

I've owned several different brands of high-powered sports cars and keep coming back to Porsche. I've owned three, all cabriolets, and all with manual transmissions. I don't drive my 2010 every day,... Read More

2010 Gt3 By Cultvines

This car is such a thrill to drive. A true feast for the senses. It challenges you to drive it well and punishes you when you don't, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I sold my 86 911 Targa and 04... Read More

Read all 7 2010 Porsche 911 reviews

2008 Porsche 911 Reviews

Best All-around Sports Car In The World: Winter And Summer By carpetwit

Fantastic car to drive especially in the mountains, great fun in fall and spring, top down probably to hot for in the Colorado summer, great reliability, updated to all the entertainment electronic op... Read More

Wonderful By maher01

Looks and drive ability are the main features I was looking for! Fun to drive and safe, and thanks to the AWD, I can handle it. Braking is terrific. Acceleration is out of this world, and you feel ... Read More

Read all 29 2008 Porsche 911 reviews

People researching a 2009 Porsche 911 contacted a dealer about

2009 Porsche 911 Carrera picture, exterior
Porsche 911
Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
Chevrolet Corvette
Porsche Cayman
Looking for a Used 911 in your area?
CarGurus has 3,321 nationwide 911 listings starting at $12,975.