2008 Volkswagen R32 User Reviews

2008 Volkswagen R32 Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Performance:4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars 4.6 / 5
  • Appearance:4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars 4.6 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars 4.7 / 5
  • Overall: 4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars 4.8 / 5

PROS
"handling" 12 reviews
"sound" 6 reviews
"build quality" 5 reviews
CONS
"expensive car" 3 reviews
"gearbox" 2 reviews

Displaying 31 - 34 of 34 2008 Volkswagen R32 reviews.

David writes:
2008 Volkswagen R32 Base Review
Overall:

Pros

Handling

Cons

Terrible Gas Milage

My Current Company Car — Handle's great, fast but heavy and quite a bit of wind noise, but who cares it's not exactly built for comfort just driving fast, which it does well... Officer!

R32
Looking for a Used R32 in your area?
CarGurus has 92 nationwide R32 listings starting at $9,990.
David writes:
2008 Volkswagen R32 Review
Overall:

Pros

4-wheel drive grip, good acceleration, braking and surnatural handling. Plus it's a discrete VW (especially in Grey or Black) and it's very confortable.

Cons

It's not a looker and it's thirsty.

Best Golf (rabbit) Ever ... Still A Vw Though ... — My father isn't a big fan of cars, and convincing him to buy this one was very, very hard. It is fast, no question about that, but then he doesn't care (you know the thing: speed limits, pollution, bla, bla, bla). It's 4-wheel drive, so when it rains or snows, you continue without a hint of a problem, and my father liked this idea. He also thought that being unconspicuous was a good thing and that if I was happy to take the keys from time to time, then, why not buying it after all? And at the beginning, all was well. This car has so much grip, you can't believe it, you just can't! I've never driven it in the snow (too bad, I know), but in the rain, it's beyond belief ... I imagine (for what I've read) that Subs and Evos are better, but the R32 is already plenty! And it's so confortable inside ... ok, maybe my back was already used to the Mini's harshness but I truly think that the R32 is an almost perfect long-cruiser. "The noise?", you may wonder ... it is gorgeous, pure music! My father, his girlfriend, all our friends of all ages and myself agree (ok, many don't care, but they agree nonetheless) that it sounds even better than the Nissan 350Z. Unfortunately, it's not a looker. No matter how you put it, it just isn't. And now my father is tempted by an Alfa Romeo Brera Q4. I keep telling him it must be rubbish because so much slower ... but look at the Brera, that's a serious beauty this car! Anyway, the R32 may be a bit thirsty (10l/100km) but the overall experience is worth a 4/5 stars. Oh, and I almost forget! The DSG gearbox is an absolute dream ... at least, it must be ... such a shame our R32 doesn't have it!! Options don't mean much when you often change you car ...

Kobus writes:
2008 Volkswagen R32 Review
Overall:

Pros

Exellent German engineering!

Cons

Also quite thirsty, but then I suppose if you own one of these, and taking into consideration that they sell for about R350,900.00, then the Gas should also not be too expensive...

Not A Bad Car, But Expected More.. — I struggled for many months to get my hands on one of these when they arrived in SA - They were selling like sweet Cake.. It is a very well made car with good, sexy looks - good handling figures thanx to ESP, and then aaaaah that wonderful 3.2L V6 Engine, it is however not as fast as the heavily modded 2.8L VR6 that I usually drive, but man, it sure puts a smile on my face..

only1buck writes:
2008 Volkswagen R32 Base Review
only1buck

A Blast To Drive — I bought the car used. It had 1200 miles on it and I have put on another 1000. It is a joy to drive. Seats are very comfortable. Good on the highway as well as around town. I leave it in regular mode until the engine is warmed up then shift it in to sport mode. Exhaust note is good. Have not tried the iPod setup yet. This is my first VW. I would buy another one.

Owner for 0 years, 3 months

Miles Driven per Year:5,000

Displaying 31 - 34 of 34 2008 Volkswagen R32 reviews.

Rank your car

2004 Volkswagen R32 Reviews

Dream Car By TTDSPAIN

The MKIV R32 was a brilliant car. It has more than adequate power and handles like a dream. It is comfortable, stylish and a blast to drive. It has everything that I want in a car and it could not be ... Read More

My 'poor Man's Porsche" By hdrider46706

Bought this car when the salesman started it up in the showroom! The sound turned everyone's heads.. The AWD provides for exceptional handling and the power of the 3.2L 241 HP engine enables it to r... Read More

Read all 41 2004 Volkswagen R32 reviews

People researching a 2008 Volkswagen R32 contacted a dealer about

Volkswagen R32
Volkswagen GTI
Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Ford Mustang
R32
Looking for a Used R32 in your area?
CarGurus has 92 nationwide R32 listings starting at $9,990.