2008 Pontiac Grand Prix User Reviews

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Review Ratings

• Review your car

• Performance:4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars 4.1 / 5
  • Appearance:4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars 4.1 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars 4.3 / 5
  • Overall: 4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars 4.2 / 5

PROS
"handling" 6 reviews
"speed" 5 reviews
CONS
"tires" 2 reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 21 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix reviews.

Dustin writes:
Overall:

Pros

Awesome power, good looks, relatively uncommon.

Cons

Mad torque steer, FWD

New Gxp — The car is amazing, plenty of power, looks and sounds great stock, turns a few heads when people know what they are looking at. Over all a great car, rides nice, very quick and still gets decent mileage. 31.3 mpg on the highway and when I can keep my foot out of it about 22 in town, not to bad for a 5.3 V-8!

Grand Prix
Looking for a Used Grand Prix in your area?
CarGurus has 5,200 nationwide Grand Prix listings starting at $990.
dood writes:
Overall:

Pros

The pontiac grand prix is a nice looking family sedan that is fast, sporty, and fun to drive

Cons

the transmission stick can be stiff and the turning radius isn't good

dood

I Think It Is A Great Car — The acceleration is very good,(if you you floor it you might to a burnout), Braking is quick and excellent, handling is good, but not so quite so much when you try to park. The build quality is great because it is a stiff tough car and needs but needs a good warranty, and doesn't squeak or rattle at all. The appearance of the car is awesome, The exterior and interior are sporty and cool-looking. The MPG is 21 miles with a base v6 version, and maintenance is mostly low. This car is fun to drive and is a cool sports car and family sedan.

CDRNick64 writes:
Overall:

Pros

The GXP is a fun car to drive. Has a wonderful exhaust note that makes you smile whenever you push the pedal. Surprising fuel mileage getting 25-26 mpg on most tanks.

Cons

It's a sports car, has a tight suspension, not always the smoothest ride but that's not why you buy a GXP.

CDRNick64

Fun, Powerful And Efficient! — The GXP has been a great car to own. I enjoy driving it daily, the additional power makes it fun to move through traffic with and just relax with minimal transmission shifting as it moves through corners or hills. You would think it would be a guzzler but the GM V8 to V4 fuel management system really works as it throttles back to 4 cylinders when cruising down the highway.

alawson writes:
2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Review
Interior Noise:
Visibility:
Overall:

Pros

I love the car. It is stylish and very comfortable. I had a 1999 Grand Am before I bought this one, and I swear the interior space is so much bigger in the Grand Prix. Trunk size is huge too compared to the Grand Am.

Cons

I bought this car used so it has issues I'm going to have to fix. I have two alert lights that come on... Monitor Tire System and Reduced Engine Power. Other than that I don't have any issues with the car.

alawson

Overall, I Think This Car Is Awesome. — This is the first Grand Prix I have owned. I have only owned this car for one month. I bought this car used. It has a couple of issues that need repaired. I only hope the repairs are not expensive.

komlanda writes:
Daily Commute:
Overall:

Pros

Very nice and stylish look. Handles very well with lots of power. Car is very comfortable for a 6foot 3 person as myself. Descent gas mileage for daily commuting because car is solid and strong.

Cons

Sometimes you can be going a little too fast and not realize it because its so comfortable.

komlanda

Perfect Cool Car — I loved everything about this car, how it handles and mostly how reliable it is. It tells you when you need oil change and more. The car sounds great and the engine is strong and powerful. I love how roomy it is. No trip to the shop unless for oil change and inspection of vehicle. This car is very safe and really fun to drive.

Jonathan writes:
Overall:

Pros

Low value makes it cheap to buy used, great engine

Cons

Bad handling, unwelcoming interior, car replacing it is superior

Would Be Great If It Only Didn't Have To Turn... — The Pontiac Grand Prix is no longer being made and is being replaced by the Australian Holden Commodore named the G8. Its fairly large for a car of its price but that price does sacrifice a few things. The 3.8L V6 this car got from Buick is very good, there is no denying that this V6 is probably enough power this car will need making me think the V8 and supercharged V6...excessive. Straight line power is where this car shines. Handling...this is where I think this car flops on. You have a lot of power going to the front wheels moving a heavy vehicle but GM just didn't design a good enough suspension to make this car corner well thus wasting a lot of the engine's power. The G8 should be significantly better being RWD and thus more balanced. The interior...I've never been very comfortable in the seats. They're oddly shaped and I always have to constantly adjust. The rest of the interior isn't exactly terrible, but you just can't say its nice looking since its just pure dark plastic. The wheel is gigantic, it just doesn't need to be this big. It is well equipped for a base car. Built quality is actually quite good for a GM car. To own a Grand Prix...if you bought it new you might not wish to sell it because it depreciates very badly. Great news if you want to buy one used. The large V6 is not fuel efficient along with the heavy body. Its size is good if you want to carry 5 passengers relatively comfortably and need a large trunk. This isn't the greatest looking Grand Prix amongst the whole line. The 2-door from the 80s was clearly the best looking. This car does look aggressive and the powertrain will convince you of this...but without that its largely forgettable.

lyssa77 writes:
Overall:

Pros

sporty but 4 doors.

Cons

nothing

lyssa77

My Dream Car! — I love every thing about my car!!!!! gas mileage is great. about 400 miles on a full tank. its sporty but still a sedan. has good power. I would tell anyone to buy this car. wish Pontiac still made cars.

WildRebel writes:
Long Trips:
Visibility:
Overall:

Pros

I love this car; the looks, performance, handling (for the size of the car), and the interior... how the radio, climate control, and DIC are slightly positioned towards the driver.

Cons

For the 2008 base model, there isn't a whole lot you can do to it (performance upgrades) without it being strictly custom. When I installed an aftermarket radio, I spent $108 on the wiring harness and interface module alone. Also, if you are someone that thinks they know just ENOUGH about car audio installation to try and do it yourself... I would recommend that you have a car audio technician work the install because of the interface module and the RAP (Retained Accessory Power).

WildRebel

I Love My 08 Grand Prix, But I Had To Personalize It To Feel That Way. — I love my 08 Pontiac Grand Prix Base, I have slept in this car so many times, spent hours and hours in this car on several different occasions; whether it was installing an aftermarket stereo system, installing LEDs, seat covers, scheduled maintenance, and just relax and listen to the music. It might be weird but she is like my baby and her name is Penelope lol I truly have to say, that this car has been through quite a beating in the last 4 and a half years... I just hope she can hold out for another 4 and a half years!

Julie writes:
Overall:

Pros

V8 power is exceptional. Handling is exceptional because of the wide wheel base. Front wheel drive. Quality built GM product is very sturdy, products used to make this car are top of the line.

Cons

Repairs to a V8 motor are more expensive than standard engines whether car or truck.

Amazing — I love the power and the look of this car! Its amazing!! This is my second GXP! Great price for a sports car 5.3L V8 engine with this many extras. Its a shame they don't make these anymore. And if muffler sounds are something to appreciate then you'll love this car even more! Has a dual exhaust rumble that people stop to notice!

Joah writes:
Accessories:
Parking:
Overall:

Pros

Everything, I have had my Grand Prix GXP for a couple of months now and love it, I have the heads up display, sun roof, V-8, great handling, FAST!!!, and looks good.

Cons

Back seat head room is lacking and it is not as wide inside as it looks outside.

Great Car I Will Never Get Rid Of It! — I love everything about this car so far for the most part, it moves when you need it to and can take turns at high speeds like an indy car lol, I have had a chance to drive this car out of state and loved the ride, the V-8 is pretty thirsty as expected however for me the performance is worth it.

Displaying 1 - 10 of 21 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix reviews.

Review your car

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix Reviews

Bad Car By Kesha

just wanting me car fixed. i love the car i have. didnt expect to have this many problems out of this car. this is really making me 2nd guess my car. hopefully my car can get fixed very very soon. Read More

Fun To Drive By danielroth

Have loved this car ever since I bought it over a year ago. My kids call it dad's race car and always want to go for a ride in it. Wish GM would have kept Pontiac around big mistake getting rid of the... Read More

Read all 31 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix reviews

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Reviews

Reliable And Powerful By AmennRa72

I like everything about this car from Performance,Looks and Gas economy it was build to please its owner and drives. One thing dough, the competition did not know what was coming for them when Pontia... Read More

When This Motor Gos I Will Drop A New One In It By Mark

this is my first pontiac and i always new they were nice but until i bought this one i did not know just how nice and how much power they had i wont go back to anything else i promise that Read More

Read all 41 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix reviews

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Reviews

Good By fernandovtec

the car drive good i get alot of horse power of the car and thats why i love it is a nice car to drive on the city and ill will get new wheels soon for it asap ,,,i like Read More

Thus Far Dependable By Bennet1b

If I hadn't bought the extended warranty some issues would've peeved me to pay for. I.E., early on A/C compressor, some ball joint wear and steering shaft looseness. But all of these were covered and ... Read More

Read all 45 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix reviews

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix Reviews

White Lightning By Brownetribe

Overall my car has been easy to fix. I've put a lot of my sweat, blood, and tears into my baby. She might not be the fast, prettiest, or most reliable but i love her. Snowball even locks my doors for... Read More

Meh By Aaron_Barvincak

I like the sleekness and the first gear power but i didnt like it only had 4 gears and a low tops speed and it did not have very good gas milage. i want a 5 speed or a 6 speed Read More

Read all 67 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix reviews

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Reviews

Very Good Overall Car For Both Family And Students By BryanHan

Wish the back seat had a little more room. Good for kids but a bit tight for adults. Also, head room is a bit short if your a 6' plus person. 3.8 motor is one of the best motors on the market for reli... Read More

Great Vehicle For A Variety Of Different People. By Cars25c

This car has been a great car. It is a 4 door, so has good access for kids in the back seat, it gets good gas mileage for a 4 door vehicle and still has plenty of power if you need it. Even though it ... Read More

Read all 27 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix reviews

People researching a 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix contacted a dealer about

Pontiac Grand Prix
Chevrolet Impala
Chevrolet Malibu
Nissan Altima
Grand Prix
Looking for a Used Grand Prix in your area?
CarGurus has 5,200 nationwide Grand Prix listings starting at $990.