2008 Pontiac Grand Prix User Reviews

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Performance:4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars 4.1 / 5
  • Appearance:4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars 4.1 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars 4.3 / 5
  • Overall: 4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars 4.3 / 5

PROS
"handling" 6 reviews
"speed" 5 reviews
CONS
"tires" 2 reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 23 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix reviews.

aaroncampbell72 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Very reliable. Maintenance is easy and repairs are few and far between.

Cons

GM no longer makes this vehicle, which makes sense seeing as it won't die (which would force me to buy a new car).

aaroncampbell72

Great American Car — I love everything about this car. The only thing I didn't care for was the stock radio so I replaced it with a Pioneer AVH-X2700BS and mounted a monitor in the back of the passenger seat headrest so my daughter can watch her shows on long trips.

Grand Prix
Looking for a Used Grand Prix in your area?
CarGurus has 3,853 nationwide Grand Prix listings starting at $1,988.
Nicholas writes:
Overall:

Pros

Reliable, fast, unreal

Cons

dont.

Will Never Replace It. — Great acceleration, brakes are a little touchy, handling is amazing, Passes anything no problem on highway and is very quick off of the get go. No engine problems what so ever. Vibrant Red colour, with blacked out windows, soon to come new duel exhaust and black/chrome 20's. 42 mpg on the highway, stays above full all the way to calgary. Insanely fun car to drive.

CDRNick64 writes:
2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP Review
Overall:

Pros

The GXP is a fun car to drive. Has a wonderful exhaust note that makes you smile whenever you push the pedal. Surprising fuel mileage getting 25-26 mpg on most tanks.

Cons

It's a sports car, has a tight suspension, not always the smoothest ride but that's not why you buy a GXP.

CDRNick64

Fun, Powerful And Efficient! — The GXP has been a great car to own. I enjoy driving it daily, the additional power makes it fun to move through traffic with and just relax with minimal transmission shifting as it moves through corners or hills. You would think it would be a guzzler but the GM V8 to V4 fuel management system really works as it throttles back to 4 cylinders when cruising down the highway.

lyssa77 writes:
Overall:

Pros

sporty but 4 doors.

Cons

nothing

lyssa77

My Dream Car! — I love every thing about my car!!!!! gas mileage is great. about 400 miles on a full tank. its sporty but still a sedan. has good power. I would tell anyone to buy this car. wish Pontiac still made cars.

kay9510 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Great car and very reliable.

Cons

Nothing is bad about this car.

kay9510

Everyone Loves It! — I love this cars sound system and power. It looks great on the road and it's gas mileage is impressive for being 7 years old. Very easy to control all year round and it's acceleration is impressive. Absolutely love it!

dood writes:
Overall:

Pros

The pontiac grand prix is a nice looking family sedan that is fast, sporty, and fun to drive

Cons

the transmission stick can be stiff and the turning radius isn't good

dood

I Think It Is A Great Car — The acceleration is very good,(if you you floor it you might to a burnout), Braking is quick and excellent, handling is good, but not so quite so much when you try to park. The build quality is great because it is a stiff tough car and needs but needs a good warranty, and doesn't squeak or rattle at all. The appearance of the car is awesome, The exterior and interior are sporty and cool-looking. The MPG is 21 miles with a base v6 version, and maintenance is mostly low. This car is fun to drive and is a cool sports car and family sedan.

alawson writes:
2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Review
Interior Noise:
Visibility:
Overall:

Pros

I love the car. It is stylish and very comfortable. I had a 1999 Grand Am before I bought this one, and I swear the interior space is so much bigger in the Grand Prix. Trunk size is huge too compared to the Grand Am.

Cons

I bought this car used so it has issues I'm going to have to fix. I have two alert lights that come on... Monitor Tire System and Reduced Engine Power. Other than that I don't have any issues with the car.

alawson

Overall, I Think This Car Is Awesome. — This is the first Grand Prix I have owned. I have only owned this car for one month. I bought this car used. It has a couple of issues that need repaired. I only hope the repairs are not expensive.

Austin writes:
2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Review
Overall:

Pros

Sick first car to have.

Cons

Too many on the road.

Glad That The G8 Replaced It, But Not Surpised To See That The Pontiac Brand Has Died. — Pros: Pretty fast car. Nice V8 sound from the quad exhaust tips. Good sound system, but would've rather had the upgraded Bose sound system. Steering stays stiff even at highway speeds with none of that "floaty" or "numb" steering felt which plagues many of the luxury brands. FWD performs a lot better than I thought; you can easily mistake this car for one with RWD. Standard remote start was amazing for the winter. Acceleration from a stop is pretty good as well. Gas mileage is decent for a car of this size, but I guess you pay at the pump as a compromise for the more powerful engine. Oh well. Cons: The interior has a lot of "empty" space; the same interior used in the first-generation Cadillac CTS is the same used here. The A-pillars are so thick; you have to really stretch your head out to peer around corners before making turns. Would've definitely like to have seen more aluminum trim inside the car. Pontiac was supposed to be the sport brand of GM anyways. Wind-noise dampening could have been a lot better. The red LEDs that illuminate inside the car could have been avoided as well as I find they really interfere with nighttime driving. Overall, this car really surprised me. It's a lot nicer than I had made it out to be, and a lot more powerful than I had expected. Hopefully the many downfalls of this car have been addressed with the G8 replacement for the Grand Prix. Too bad that GM let go of Pontiac; they weren't a strong enough brand to survive by themselves anyway.

WildRebel writes:
Long Trips:
Visibility:
Overall:

Pros

I love this car; the looks, performance, handling (for the size of the car), and the interior... how the radio, climate control, and DIC are slightly positioned towards the driver.

Cons

For the 2008 base model, there isn't a whole lot you can do to it (performance upgrades) without it being strictly custom. When I installed an aftermarket radio, I spent $108 on the wiring harness and interface module alone. Also, if you are someone that thinks they know just ENOUGH about car audio installation to try and do it yourself... I would recommend that you have a car audio technician work the install because of the interface module and the RAP (Retained Accessory Power).

WildRebel

I Love My 08 Grand Prix, But I Had To Personalize It To Feel That Way. — I love my 08 Pontiac Grand Prix Base, I have slept in this car so many times, spent hours and hours in this car on several different occasions; whether it was installing an aftermarket stereo system, installing LEDs, seat covers, scheduled maintenance, and just relax and listen to the music. It might be weird but she is like my baby and her name is Penelope lol I truly have to say, that this car has been through quite a beating in the last 4 and a half years... I just hope she can hold out for another 4 and a half years!

komlanda writes:
Daily Commute:
Overall:

Pros

Very nice and stylish look. Handles very well with lots of power. Car is very comfortable for a 6foot 3 person as myself. Descent gas mileage for daily commuting because car is solid and strong.

Cons

Sometimes you can be going a little too fast and not realize it because its so comfortable.

komlanda

Perfect Cool Car — I loved everything about this car, how it handles and mostly how reliable it is. It tells you when you need oil change and more. The car sounds great and the engine is strong and powerful. I love how roomy it is. No trip to the shop unless for oil change and inspection of vehicle. This car is very safe and really fun to drive.

Displaying 1 - 10 of 23 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix reviews.

Rank your car

1962 Pontiac Grand Prix Reviews

Loved This Car By captbob69

wasn't fast enough, should have found a Wrecked GTO, there were 3 major yards in my area, ( Adrian, Mi.) and rebuilt it to what i wanted, with a Posi traction, Now at 62 yrs old, i'm replacing the th... Read More

Read all 1962 Pontiac Grand Prix reviews

1963 Pontiac Grand Prix Reviews

Two Tons Of Fun, With Flames. By Norm

The owner before me had broken both motor mounts. There was a chain (!!) bolted to each upper control arm, over the top of the engine, with wood boards jammed under the chain where it crossed the valv... Read More

63 Pontiac By Ted

This car is why GM was the best car mfg in the 60s it runs great it cruises 70 mph without any hesitation..these cars were built for driving over the road and it is definetly a road car...Awesome Read More

Read all 3 1963 Pontiac Grand Prix reviews

1964 Pontiac Grand Prix Reviews

Old School Beast By Tim

'64 grand prix sport coupe with a 1976 400 big block with 450 hp. ,turbo 400 trans. and 12 bolt posi. Read More

Read all 1964 Pontiac Grand Prix reviews

1965 Pontiac Grand Prix Reviews

This Car Is A Frame Up Restoration By ChersRiv

We made a few changes putting this car together. My husband wanted to be different. We put 67 Pontiac spinners on instead of 65. We left the stainless off the lower body, as we did not get it when we... Read More

Read all 1965 Pontiac Grand Prix reviews

1967 Pontiac Grand Prix Reviews

Fun To Look At. By Jay

I love old cars, but they sure do suck to drive. Tiny little 14" wheels that are the drum brakes; a steering wheel out of a school bus; More squeaks and ratlles than a haunted house; a dashboard tha... Read More

My First Gp Convertible By beegredd

We had one of these when I was a kid and it was one of Dad's favorite cars. I always said I'd have one and I ran across the one I bought. It needs some work but will be well worth it. Read More

Read all 1967 Pontiac Grand Prix reviews

People researching a 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix contacted a dealer about

Pontiac Grand Prix
Chevrolet Impala
Ford Taurus
Chevrolet Malibu
Grand Prix
Looking for a Used Grand Prix in your area?
CarGurus has 3,853 nationwide Grand Prix listings starting at $1,988.