2008 Jeep Patriot User Reviews

2008 Jeep Patriot Review Ratings

• Review your car

• Performance:3.9 out of 5 stars3.9 out of 5 stars3.9 out of 5 stars3.9 out of 5 stars3.9 out of 5 stars 3.9 / 5
  • Appearance:4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars 4.4 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars 4.2 / 5
  • Overall: 4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars 4.7 / 5

PROS
"handling" 4 reviews
"value" 3 reviews
CONS
"tires" 2 reviews
"transmission" 2 reviews
"interior" 2 reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 18 2008 Jeep Patriot reviews.

Scott writes:
Overall:

Pros

Great Car with plenty of room at all 5 seat belts for tall people.

Cons

If quietness is your thing, this is not a car to consider, engine is buzzy

Great Car That Got Ruined For The First 30k By Lousy Tires! — When I originally test drove a Patriot it performed extremely well. I was sorely disappointed with the version that ended up in my driveway. The difference between the two thru the process of elimination was the one that I bought had the tire and wheel package which put Goodyear Wrangler SR-A's on it. Never did I ever think that a tire could ruin the performance of a good car that much. I was preparing the car to sell and put what I thought was a pretty good inexpensive tire on the car to enhance the saleability. What I got was a great car with the best damn tires I have ever put on a car! The tires are Hankook Optimo H727's. They changed the performance of the car so much that I kept the Patriot and sold an '09 Dodge Avenger instead. The fuel usage has improved dramically with the new tires. It has gone from 18-20 mpg around town to 23-25! Handling is amazing for small SUV.

Patriot
Looking for a Used Patriot in your area?
CarGurus has 20,351 nationwide Patriot listings starting at $3,995.
David writes:
Overall:

Pros

fuel efficient and 4 wheel drive. So basicly practical all year.

Cons

Difficult to overtake old lady drivers.

My First And Not Last Auto — Fuel efficient on two wheel drive and its 4 wheel drive is good enough to drive around in winter. Acceleration is terrible. The only reason why I didn't rate performance terrible is because i beat my cousins accent by 1 1/2 meters. But it has enough power to drive around the city and runs smoothly on highway. Exterior and interior are not bad. Colours : Ext. Green/Int. Sand. The only fun factor is in winter when you see people shoveling for 30 minutes when i just put it on 4 wheel drive and drive off.

Carlene writes:
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4WD Review
Overall:

Pros

Great off-roading capabilities, good on gas, not the large/bulky SUV we've come to expect

Cons

Many features become useless when the temperature drops below freezing (ie: wireless tire pressure monitors)

Affordable Fun In A Compact Package — It still stands up to the outdoors and yields what you would expect from a Jeep, but the fuel mileage, especially for a 4x4, is amazing. Here's a small SUV that gets the same mileage as a mid-size car. It's a reliable vehicle, that suits the urban lifestyle, yet lets you get out and rip it up on weekends.

sfeite writes:
Overall:

Pros

Great mileage, good ride, stable (not "tippy"), stylish and traditional with the modern
conveniences.

Cons

Largely plastic interior.

sfeite

The Ultimate On-road/off-road Driving Experience At A Great Price. — If you're looking for an SUV that works well on the road and off, gets great mileage and has that traditional Jeep appeal--all at a great price--this car may be for you. I was also impressed with the technology in this lower priced model: from wireless sensors that tell you when your tires are low to a built-in flashlight. It's not as refined an interior as some of the comparable Japanese rivals (RAV 4, Forester) but it drives better than either.

Owner for 0 years, 1 months

cadillacjerk writes:
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4WD Review
Overall:

Pros

gas mileage, heater, sound system

Cons

non yet

cadillacjerk

Great Little Suv — Great on gas, good heater which is handy because we live in northern Canada, good visibility, Steers great, wish it had more ground clearance/sat higher..fun car to drive..good dollar value, needs better tires, like the mags tho'

Patsy writes:
Overall:

Pros

cost, low maintenance, quality, warrenty

Cons

warrenty - will we lose it with Chrysler's financial problems ahead?

Pleased With Jeep! — handling is great- accelerates quickly, can move into busy traffic without worries, brakes respond very well! no repairs needed other than routine maintenance! although I love the look, we chose a blue that really looks grey to me, I would prefer an offering of a bluer blue, not the bright garish blue that was offered. interior is almost perfect, but could be darker so dirt doesn't show as easily. it is an automatic and I would adjust how it shifts because it is too easy to shift into low instead of drive. for long term travel the seats could be a little more plush, but for short trips and around town it is great. gas mileage has been fantastic in these high expense times, usually 25-29 in town and past 30 on trips at times. I would definitely recommend the Jeep Patriot and have many times since we have owned it!

Nick writes:
Overall:

Pros

Great space, Awesome gas milage

Cons

Slow accelleration

Great Little Suv For The Price — The accelleration is a little bit slower than you might think because of the CVT transmission, but I'm getting close to 31 mpg on the highway! Its solid, has enough room for my friends and all of our stuff, and wasn't that expensive either. I would suggest it to anyone.

tbss69 writes:
Accessories:
Long Trips:
Overall:

Pros

Highly underrated Chrysler product. CVT transmission gives the 2.4L engine a lot of pep, with no ugly shift points usually associated with small 4 cylinder engines. Able to comfortably transport 4 adults 12+ hours to the beach with luggage strapped to the roof racks. Great mileage for an SUV, with up to 25 mpg highway. Has the look of the classic Jeep Grand Cherokee from the early 90's. Front wheel drive, with auto-4WD with the flip of a switch.

Cons

Transmission noise is constant and a lot of vibration. Interior is blocky and arm rests are not padded. Seat padding is thin and is not comfortable for extended drives. Ball joints need replacing at 50K+ miles.

tbss69

Compact Suv With Retro Looks And Lots Of Positive Comments On Style! — Sharing the same basic platform with the Jeep Compass and Dodge Caliber, this small SUV is great on mileage and has the look of the classic Grand Cherokee. Low maintenance overall and surprisingly roomy interior. Options include stain resistant seat material and heated seats on the Sport model.

Sara writes:
Overall:

Pros

Love the lift out spare tire cover. It's very tough and washes off easily.

Cons

I wish it was a 6 cylinder, but the pickup speed isn't too slow once you get used to it.

I Love This Jeep! — I've hauled photo equipment, groceries, mirrors, tools, lawn equipment, luggage, just about anything you can think of in the Jeep. The seats in the back split, so if you have two passengers and want to haul something, you can without a problem. I currently have my grand-daughters car seat in the middle of the back seat. She's pretty secure and loves sitting up so high vs. in a normal car.

MauricioLGR writes:

Pros

Cons

The only reason that I am selling this car for is the fact that I need an extra seat (bigger car)

MauricioLGR

One Of The Best Values In The Market — There is nothing particular that I dislike about this car. I think that for the price it is a great vehicle and pretty good equipped too. I love Jeeps. And Patriot is the most affordable option. I consider this vehicle the best value among the small SUV segment. The cargo area, when the seats are fold down is surprisingly big. It provides great fuel economy with very decent performance. The vehicle handles really well on snow or rain.

Displaying 1 - 10 of 18 2008 Jeep Patriot reviews.

Review your car

2012 Jeep Patriot Reviews

Love It! A Truly Solid, Family Friendly Jeep! By Brandon

I loved owning this Jeep. It rode great, had plenty of options, and was extremely reliable. The sound system was great, and there was plenty of room for hauling cargo. The A/C would get cold quickly, ... Read More

Great Suv With Great Gas Mileage For A Low Price! By jhop785

This is a great sporty little SUV. It gets extremely great gas mileage. I don't think any other SUV could compare gas wise with the Jeep Patriot. It has lots of interior space. I have two kids and thi... Read More

Read all 4 2012 Jeep Patriot reviews

2010 Jeep Patriot Reviews

Good Sporty Reliable Car By AveryJackson

Handles well in all weather conditions. It is a 4x4. Great gas mileage for a SUV. Great car and gets you where you need to go. It is a fun car to drive! I feel safe driving my family around. Nice acc... Read More

Well Put Together By Ami2013

I enjoyed the car, handles well, safe, lots of room, heated seats. The truck space is large and the backseats also fold down to create more room which allows you to move more effortlessly. It is an ... Read More

Read all 6 2010 Jeep Patriot reviews

2009 Jeep Patriot Reviews

My Newest Ride By Tricia

Impressionable, sleek, reliable, clean, economically sound,Limited 4X4. The perfect ride for me. Easy accessible with hands free capabilities, sirrius sound, leather/ heated seats, keyless entry, tow... Read More

Good Mountain Vehicle! By ScoutColorado

We'll see how this holds up (lasts).... 4WD and Cruise Control have been GREAT! Used for occasional travel back and forth to work, but excels on the interstate and in travel into the mountains part... Read More

Read all 10 2009 Jeep Patriot reviews

2007 Jeep Patriot Reviews

Furious By Theoklitos-

this car makes meto feel, that i am the king of the off road adventure.also my car has comfortable saloon inside and it is very safety car. its torque begins from 1250 rpm to 2250 rpm. the final spee... Read More

Absolutely Awesome. Best Car I've Ever Had By Daniel

I've had this car for the past 2 years and it's great. Exterior and interior appearance is superior and the best part is that the tank can be filled with $20. Gas mileage is awesome ranging from 23 mp... Read More

Read all 7 2007 Jeep Patriot reviews

People researching a 2008 Jeep Patriot contacted a dealer about

2008 Jeep Patriot picture, exterior
Jeep Patriot
Ford Escape
Jeep Liberty
Jeep Compass
Patriot
Looking for a Used Patriot in your area?
CarGurus has 20,351 nationwide Patriot listings starting at $3,995.