Sign in | Register | My account |

2008 Dodge Nitro User Reviews

2008 Dodge Nitro Review Ratings

• Review your car

• Performance:4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars 4.3 / 5
  • Appearance:4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars 4.6 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars 4.4 / 5
  • Overall: 4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 / 5

PROS
"big space" 5 reviews
"exterior" 2 reviews
CONS
"rough ride" 2 reviews
"value" 2 reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 17 2008 Dodge Nitro reviews.

canalbreath writes:
Overall:

Pros

Good looking vehicle, fantastic in 4wd

Cons

Rough ride, poor fuel economy

canalbreath

Nitro Perfect For Working Wifes Needs. — The Dodge Nitro Slt with 3.5l and 4wd is a perfect vehicle for my wife. She is a small business owner and is picking up supplies daily for her business. The Nitro has a slide out "platform" in the rear that makes it so she doesn't have to bend over and lift supplies out. The 4wd is great in the snow so I don't have to worry about her getting stuck or not being able to make it to her place of business on bad winter days in Michigan. On the down side it rides like a sports car. Not that it's bad , just a stiff ride. Luckily the seats are comfortable which makes long trips in this vehicle very tolerable. Also I'm not impressed with the fuel to mileage ratio, but the vehicle can get out of it's own way and I will sacrifice gas money for power anyday. The Nitro is a great looking vehicle at a very reasonable price.

Nitro
Looking for a Used Nitro in your area?
CarGurus has 2,190 nationwide Nitro listings starting at $6,980.
rascal007 writes:
2008 Dodge Nitro R/T 4WD Review
Overall:

Pros

Looks, power (4liter), roomy and nible.

Cons

Not much but front axle noises in U-turns (4X4), no telescopic stering

rascal007

Great Look, Great Fun With The 4.0 Liter — This little truck is just fine to me. performance is positive with the 4 liter, good accelaration and great stoping power. I own it for a year now (bought jan. 08) and had only two problems: one electric door lock failed and a seal at front diferential was cracked and hydraulic leaks occurs. Love the look and young and old found it great looking. the yougest, a 6 years old girl and the oldest a 77 years old man found it terrible looking nice truck. Inside is good looking, great to clean but a little cheap on plastic (I see why it is not the price of a Honda Pilot. Gas mileage is OK for the size and towing capabilities. It is great fun to drive especially with the 20 inches rubbers. Cornering is amazing for this type of vehicule, although, I wreck a Good Year tire cause we have bad roads around here and I cornered a little hard. The only drawback I found and could be prone to some problems, I believe, is when 4X4 is engaged, do not do U-turns or tight turns, as some grinding noises come front the front axle. This happen as well on the tester I tried from the dealer. So when cornering tight I disengage 4X4, that's all. This truck remind me of the old Dodge Power Wagon from the 60' but lot more comffy.

Rose Athena writes:
Overall:

Pros

gas mileage for an suv is great.

Cons

car payments, needs a hitch.

Best Vehicle I've Ever Bought!! — Has most the bells and whistles. Drives great, great turning radios, comfortable seats. Rear seats and front passenger seats fold down flat. Sliding cargo tray. Tons of room. I just love it but not the payment even though it's a lower payment, just tired of paying every month for a car.

wr52 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Unique look, reliable

Cons

poor gas mileage for a small size SUV

wr52

Stylish Car, With Plenty Of Room — The shape appeals to a different kind of crowd. It is an overall fun car to own. It has adequate power as well. Very safe car, would defiantly put a family in it. With side curtain airbags standard, you can't ask for more.

Jason writes:
2008 Dodge Nitro SLT Review
Overall:

Pros

The stylish looks and roomieness.

Cons

nothing

Good Looks Combined With Quality Craftmanship! — This truck is very stylish, has a good build, has good preformance, gets around 24 miles to the gallon, and is very easy and fun to drive. Has a quite interior with a great stereo system and plenty of room for a 5 person family.

Tricia writes:
Overall:

Pros

Sharp ride!

Cons

Not sure yet, just purchased it

Sharp Looking Car — I like that it is very similar to my prior vehicle which happened to be a 2008 Jeep Patriot and I was totally pleased with that one until we were sandwiched on the expressway and insurance deemed it total loss. Consumer alert... Avoid Suburban Ford of Sterling Hgts. This ride has been returned to them.. Major nightmare of an experience!!

Glo08nitro writes:
2008 Dodge Nitro R/T 4WD Review
Overall:

Pros

I like the look of the car. Lots of room in the back seat.  The Cargo area is hugh and the fact that the floor pulls out for easy loading. I also love the 4 wheel drive.

Cons

Because of the size of the Windshield there is a blind spot on each side of the car, but that window is what makes the car look good to me.

Glo08nitro

Sad To See They Don't Make The Nitro Any Longer. — The first time I took it out for a test drive I felt very safe. I knw this was the car for me. Good aceleration, Nice handling. This is the first car I had with 4 Wheel Drive and I can tell you my next vehicle will have 4 wheel drive too. Always received and still receiving compliments on the vehicle.

ortiN writes:
Overall:

Pros

Very reliable, average gas mileage for a SUV, cool looks, handles well.

Cons

Resale value could be better.  I've had no real issues with my Nitro.

ortiN

Good Mid-sized Suv — The Nitro has been very reliable with decent gas mileage. I have enjoyed driving it and like the looks. With the back seats folded down, it has plenty of hauling space. Seats are comfortable for all but very long trips.

cmgtrumpet writes:
Overall:

Pros

Excellent family hauler with tow power and room to carry cargo.  Fuel Economy is good for an SUV running around 23 mpg on the highway and 18 mpg in the city.

Cons

Back seat leg room is limited if the front seats are placed towards the rear of their travel, but rear seat backs are adjustable making up for some of the discomfort.  Other than that, fuel economy being in the high teens, low 20's does take a little bite out of the wallet, but is right in line with the other Truck-based SUV's out there.

cmgtrumpet

Fun, Powerful, Feature-rich Dodge Nitro — Why ever did the Chrysler corporation discontinue the Dodge Nitro and Jeep Liberty??? This is the perfect vehicle group for the family that still likes the outdoors and doesn't want to be forced to drive a beast for a trip to the lake with the boat and dogs. Plenty of overall cargo space, tow-power, and looks that continue to turn heads as it drives by.

dorothy3814 writes:
2008 Dodge Nitro SLT Review
Overall:

Pros

easy to load groceries or some furniture. plenty of room to lay down.

Cons

rough riding with tires and rims I have.

dorothy3814

A Fun Vehicle And Usefull. — This suv is all go, fun,comfortable and useful in many ways.really fast and it gets 2nd looks.Gas milage is just 13 miles per gallon. I'm not happy with this.A person explained that my ties and rims caused it to use more gas.

Displaying 1 - 10 of 17 2008 Dodge Nitro reviews.

Review your car

2011 Dodge Nitro Reviews

Solid By Rich_Kernel

Really Liked the styling of this ride. Not like many of the other vehicles in this category. styling of the Door Handles and fender flares are cool. Just a few touches really made the vehicle sharp... Read More

Read all 2011 Dodge Nitro reviews

2010 Dodge Nitro Reviews

A Sporty Reliable Fun Practical Suv By Pierce

build quality is above average cheap plastic interior,the stain repellent seats are awesome. the performance for how heavy the truck is is acceptable. i have the 3.7 liter with 210 horsepower. the... Read More

I Love The Car By Wayne

Came with 20 inch aluminum rims and accents....smooth ride It cost me about 44 bucks to fill the tank up. I love it. Also for the first year it has satellite radio for free. Large interior and tru... Read More

Read all 2010 Dodge Nitro reviews

2009 Dodge Nitro Reviews

When Freshly Waxed It Shines In Dim Light. The Rims Really Bring It Out. By ecurock80

Never been in the shop except oil changes. The dealer has changed the oil every time but twice. I did myself the other two times. The dealer does a reminder call ever three months to bring in for an ... Read More

I Would Like To Have It For Ever By Abdulrahman

acceleration is fine in town not for long way like how i drive every day 250km, braking its ok, handling not bad, build quality i like it coz i never see like my car in the road really and the inter... Read More

Read all 5 2009 Dodge Nitro reviews

2007 Dodge Nitro Reviews

Good Vehicle For The Money. By vjjr1956

The styling is much more aggressive than the Jeep Liberty twin. The room inside is decent for the size of the vehicle and I am looking forward to the part time 4WD this winter. The back has a flippa... Read More

I Like It By Samuel

its a good suv it has room my kids like it it looks good drives good the inside looks good the color is good it kinda looks like a h3 it drives good in the snow and i don't see many on yhe road my col... Read More

Read all 11 2007 Dodge Nitro reviews

People researching a 2008 Dodge Nitro contacted a dealer about

2008 Dodge Nitro, 2007 Dodge Nitro, manufacturer, exterior
Dodge Nitro
Jeep Liberty
Jeep Patriot
Chevrolet Equinox
Nitro
Looking for a Used Nitro in your area?
CarGurus has 2,190 nationwide Nitro listings starting at $6,980.