2008 Dodge Nitro User Reviews

2008 Dodge Nitro Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Performance:4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars 4.3 / 5
  • Appearance:4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars 4.6 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars 4.4 / 5
  • Overall: 4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars 4.3 / 5

PROS
"big space" 5 reviews
"space" 2 reviews
CONS
"rough ride" 2 reviews
"value" 2 reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 18 2008 Dodge Nitro reviews.

Overall:

Pros

It's looks, that is really it

Cons

Where to start.....fuel mileage is HORRIBLE!  Most problematic vehicle I've owned.  Cramped front seat foot space.  Very cheasy plastic interior parts.  The oil filter placement is the worst I have EVER seen.

jsorensen12

Very Disappointed And Will Never Buy Another Dodge/chrysler Product Again. — I will start of the review with a brief summary of this vehicle. I look at my Nitro like it's a hot girlfriend that doesn't put out, steals my money and is alway sick. The looks are what made me want the Nitro and I just figured I would get used to the quirks. BUT I regret the day I bought it every time I get into it. It gets horrible fuel mileage, I average about 12.8-13.2 mpg. I have use an app to track my mileage since day one. The best I have ever had was 20.8 mpg and that was filling just before getting on the interstate, driving a 90 mile round trip and filling up. I don't beat on it, I don't live in the mountains and have taken it to the dealer twice. They flashed the computer, updated the software and it hasn't changed. I even bought a high dollar K&N intake in an effort to get better mileage and it didn't help at all. Now I did a lot of checking on this particular Nitro before buying it. Clean Carfax, one owner, dealership did all the oil changes and maintenance and it has been taken care of very well. The AC has went out twice on me, it has the dreaded TIPM unit failure causing all kinds of problems, the drivers side window switch snapped of when using it like normal, one time during a rain storm I had water running into the cargo area through the headliner and side panel seem and have never figured out how that happened. On the very short plus side, the rear cargo storage is plentiful with the seats folded down and it does have a very high towing capacity...this is countered with a very high lift height to the cargo area and I'm not sure I would rely on it for towing a huge load without breaking something. I would not recommend this turd to anyone, I am in the process right now of getting rid of it. I can't take the horrible mileage any more and quite honestly I really don't trust it for trips with my family in it.

Nitro
Looking for a Used Nitro in your area?
CarGurus has 2,380 nationwide Nitro listings starting at $4,700.
Overall:

Pros

I like the look of the car. Lots of room in the back seat.  The Cargo area is hugh and the fact that the floor pulls out for easy loading. I also love the 4 wheel drive.

Cons

Because of the size of the Windshield there is a blind spot on each side of the car, but that window is what makes the car look good to me.

Glo08nitro

Sad To See They Don't Make The Nitro Any Longer. — The first time I took it out for a test drive I felt very safe. I knw this was the car for me. Good aceleration, Nice handling. This is the first car I had with 4 Wheel Drive and I can tell you my next vehicle will have 4 wheel drive too. Always received and still receiving compliments on the vehicle.

Overall:

Pros

Very reliable, average gas mileage for a SUV, cool looks, handles well.

Cons

Resale value could be better.  I've had no real issues with my Nitro.

ortiN

Good Mid-sized Suv — The Nitro has been very reliable with decent gas mileage. I have enjoyed driving it and like the looks. With the back seats folded down, it has plenty of hauling space. Seats are comfortable for all but very long trips.

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT 4WD Review
Overall:

Pros

Excellent family hauler with tow power and room to carry cargo.  Fuel Economy is good for an SUV running around 23 mpg on the highway and 18 mpg in the city.

Cons

Back seat leg room is limited if the front seats are placed towards the rear of their travel, but rear seat backs are adjustable making up for some of the discomfort.  Other than that, fuel economy being in the high teens, low 20's does take a little bite out of the wallet, but is right in line with the other Truck-based SUV's out there.

cmgtrumpet

Fun, Powerful, Feature-rich Dodge Nitro — Why ever did the Chrysler corporation discontinue the Dodge Nitro and Jeep Liberty??? This is the perfect vehicle group for the family that still likes the outdoors and doesn't want to be forced to drive a beast for a trip to the lake with the boat and dogs. Plenty of overall cargo space, tow-power, and looks that continue to turn heads as it drives by.

Overall:

Pros

Unique look, reliable

Cons

poor gas mileage for a small size SUV

wr52

Stylish Car, With Plenty Of Room — The shape appeals to a different kind of crowd. It is an overall fun car to own. It has adequate power as well. Very safe car, would defiantly put a family in it. With side curtain airbags standard, you can't ask for more.

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT Review
Overall:

Pros

The stylish looks and roomieness.

Cons

nothing

Good Looks Combined With Quality Craftmanship! — This truck is very stylish, has a good build, has good preformance, gets around 24 miles to the gallon, and is very easy and fun to drive. Has a quite interior with a great stereo system and plenty of room for a 5 person family.

2008 Dodge Nitro SLT Review
Overall:

Pros

easy to load groceries or some furniture. plenty of room to lay down.

Cons

rough riding with tires and rims I have.

dorothy3814

A Fun Vehicle And Usefull. — This suv is all go, fun,comfortable and useful in many ways.really fast and it gets 2nd looks.Gas milage is just 13 miles per gallon. I'm not happy with this.A person explained that my ties and rims caused it to use more gas.

Appearance

Cons

4X4 but u cant take it Off-Road

Love It — Like: appearance, Brand, Flexibility, Family-Sport-Work-Fun 4X4, Dislike: 4X4 but u cant take it Off-Road coz of the low bumpers!!!, Bad resell value, According to my experience, my service center was a torture, delivering the needed but with double or even triple times!!!

2008 Dodge Nitro R/T Review
Overall:

Pros

Sheer power and possible performance

Cons

un modified to start

Woo Hoo — awesome truck with mior problems in the clutch nothing performance clutch cant fix. power comming out of the modified v6 i got custom installed is remarkable over all alot of fun to drive and gaines alot of attention all around

Overall:

Pros

Power

Cons

Power

Dodge Nitro — It's really peppy out of the gate. We have to put it in 4WD just so the tires don't spin. Powerful though. Haven't tried towing anything with it. Could use a windshield washer sensor and a sun roof alarm. More words to stop this thing complaining that it needs more words...

Displaying 1 - 10 of 18 2008 Dodge Nitro reviews.

Rank your car

2011 Dodge Nitro Reviews

Solid By Rich_Kernel

Really Liked the styling of this ride. Not like many of the other vehicles in this category. styling of the Door Handles and fender flares are cool. Just a few touches really made the vehicle sharp... Read More

Read all 2011 Dodge Nitro reviews

2010 Dodge Nitro Reviews

Overall A Decent Suv By CARGUYRICK

vehicle looks good and has good power,it has pleny of space for 5 adults and good cargo space.the 4wd system works great.the vwhicle is clean inside and out and is a good color combo.the only down sid... Read More

A Sporty Reliable Fun Practical Suv By Pierce

build quality is above average cheap plastic interior,the stain repellent seats are awesome. the performance for how heavy the truck is is acceptable. i have the 3.7 liter with 210 horsepower. the... Read More

Read all 3 2010 Dodge Nitro reviews

2009 Dodge Nitro Reviews

When Freshly Waxed It Shines In Dim Light. The Rims Really Bring It Out. By ecurock80

Never been in the shop except oil changes. The dealer has changed the oil every time but twice. I did myself the other two times. The dealer does a reminder call ever three months to bring in for an ... Read More

I Would Like To Have It For Ever By Abdulrahman

acceleration is fine in town not for long way like how i drive every day 250km, braking its ok, handling not bad, build quality i like it coz i never see like my car in the road really and the inter... Read More

Read all 5 2009 Dodge Nitro reviews

2007 Dodge Nitro Reviews

Easy On The Eyes By BreEdwards

Great car for a family. Lots of room and spacious navigation system is a big help. Sits high when driving. Great sound system. Gas is great if you drive it on the highway. Decent for city driving. Ove... Read More

Used For Work Was Not A Luxury Suv By Radelel

The shape of the vehicle is to boxy for me I'm disappointed that its not manual I very disappointed I cannot get a lift for the vehicle. The vehicle was manufactured with a truck frame and decorated ... Read More

Read all 14 2007 Dodge Nitro reviews

People researching a 2008 Dodge Nitro contacted a dealer about

2008 Dodge Nitro, 2007 Dodge Nitro, exterior, manufacturer
Dodge Nitro
Ford Explorer
Jeep Liberty
Dodge Avenger
Nitro
Looking for a Used Nitro in your area?
CarGurus has 2,380 nationwide Nitro listings starting at $4,700.