2006 Subaru Forester User Reviews

2006 Subaru Forester Review Ratings

• Review your car

• Performance:4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars 4.6 / 5
  • Appearance:4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars 4.2 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars 4.8 / 5
  • Overall: 4.9 out of 5 stars4.9 out of 5 stars4.9 out of 5 stars4.9 out of 5 stars4.9 out of 5 stars 4.9 / 5

PROS
"reliable car" 4 reviews
"handling" 3 reviews
"space" 2 reviews
"seat" 2 reviews
"big space" 2 reviews
"build quality" 2 reviews
"roof" 2 reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 14 2006 Subaru Forester reviews.

Bruce writes:
Overall:

Pros

It's a subaru, power and handling in one

Cons

heavy on gas

Forester All The Way — Performace - acceleration is exellent Build Quality - Good, stong, no clutter on the dash instrument panel only important information Apperance - front aggressive look, looks hide whats under the hood CO- not bad, heavy on gas if driving fast Fun Factor - excellent to drive all the time. Excellent off road capabilities, can go any where a 4x4 vehicle can go.

Forester
Looking for a Used Forester in your area?
CarGurus has 24,330 nationwide Forester listings starting at $1,850.
bcos writes:
2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium Package Review
Overall:

Pros

Great ride. Super smooth engine. Very comfortable interior.

Cons

Some rattles. Drivers seat could use more lumbar support.

bcos

Hoping To Feel The Love — Bought a 2006 in 2013 with 51000 miles on it for $13,500. The CarFax showed religious dealer maintenance by the previous owner. It looks and drives ( but doesn't smell) like a new car. I'm banking on the reputation of Subaru owners loving their cars for having a used car that has not been neglected. Test drove newer -2009-2011 models and found the prior model year to have a better looking interior. The newer models had more plastic and had, IMHO, an inferior sound system as far as sound quality. That was a deal-breaker for me. This is a practical car. If you are looking for performance, sexy styling or speed, keep looking. I am a father of 2 kids with a big dog and like to play outdoors. This is a great car for me.

Candy writes:
Overall:

Pros

sun roof, turbo, leather, and heated seats were what I had to have!

Cons

A little noisy, but the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.

Hooked On Subaru! — I spent 6 months looking for this used beauty! Turbo charged, sun roof, leather, heated seats. Routine maintenance is easy. Beautiful appearance. Easy to pick out in a crowd. 24 mpg average. 30+ highway mileage. Hubby is jealous of it. He's always taking it for errands.

Catie writes:
Overall:

Pros

Safe, Durable, Affordable.

Cons

Everyone has one?

Best Car I Have Owned Yet. — This car has saved my life more than once. The AWD and intuitive braking system makes it a walk in the park to drive, especially here in Oregon, where water can freeze over night, even in the summer! I definitely wish that the fabric on the inside wasn't tan, having 2 dogs, and constantly hauling things from one side of town to the other makes it pretty hard to keep the seats clean. The Forester has very little maintenance. Have had to get a few tires replaced, due to normal wear, and the oil changed, but other than that, it runs like a dream. I need to get her in for the works soon, as its been about a 2 years since shes had it done. The car is extremely fun to drive. I feel safe, and in control at all times. Plus the sounds system that came stock with it isn't too shabby either! I would recommend this car to anyone in the market for a safe, fun, affordable and LONG LASTING car. I know my children will be learning to drive in this one when the time comes.

Antonie writes:
Overall:

Pros

Great all-rounder

Cons

Low range not low enough for real off-road

Subaru Forester — Great car! I amazed some serious Jeep fans in the sands of Mosambiek - comment: how did you get up here? In that!? Great buy, serious reliability and a fun drive. Good boot space, and although the handgear is fun, automatic works better on sand and mud. Looks is "understated elegance", the new edition has more in that department.

Omly writes:
2006 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L. Bean Edition Review
Overall:

Pros

I LOVED this car. Drives and handles like a car in a compact SUV body. Functional in so many ways, from cargo space to room for my dog and snowboards. The features are so great! The heated leather seats are great, and the sun/moon roof is huge and fantastic. The LL Bean is the way to go. The wood accents look really nice and give a luxurious feel. But the car has sufficient power to be a fun drive too! And with the black paint and dark tinted windows it didn't look like a mommy wagon as some might think. I miss this car. SO RELIABLE! NEVER had ONE issue with this car. Just great.

Cons

Really not many. If I wanted to be picky I'd say give it 6 cylinders instead of 4, with the same size. The handling for an SUV is great, but I also drove an Outback of the same year and it had better handling and power. But man, what a functional, efficient and most of all reliable car!

Omly

My Dream Car - How I Miss It! — It's like they say, better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. That is literally how I fell about this car. When I was driving it the slogan "Love, it's what makes a Subaru a Subaru" always used to pop into my head because I truly LOVED this car. And I miss it so much. I wish I still had it. I feel so bad about it's fateful end. But at the same time it saved my boyfriend's life and I am so grateful for that. More than once actually. The functionality cannot be beat. And the reliability... wow. I didn't know you could buy a used car that is so reliable. Damn... still makes me sad to think that it's gone... and that now I have a car that's reliability does not even touch my Subie's. RIP my friend.

Sean writes:
Overall:

Pros

Spacious. Well equipped. Lots of power

Cons

A bit heavy on fuel

A Lot Of Fun To Drive And Can Be Used On Almost Any Terrain — Lots of power. Turbo lag is minimal. Very comfortable. Performs just as well off road as on road. Well equipped. A bit heavy on fuel if you drive a little more spirited than normal. A dream on the open road.

Alex writes:
Overall:

Pros

5 speed.

Cons

Nothing

Tuner With Room — Solid car, well built, lots of room without sacrificing performance. Strong engine, 5 speed clutch. Fast and good aftermarket support. Cheap to maintain, subaru parts are easy to find. Very fun to drive, offroad, cruise, anything and everything. Perfect for the family oriented tuner.

Matt writes:
Overall:

Pros

handling and acceleration

Cons

the rims hold water, not too stylish.

Yeah.... — Acceleration is great and it handles like a dream, no problems with it yet, got some normal nicks and scratches from driving and using the car, wish it was better on gass but 21-23 MPG isnt bad and its absolutly fun to drive.

Tim writes:
Overall:

Pros

Performance, space

Cons

£400 pa car tax

An Impreza Wrx By Any Other Name — I didn't buy it for its looks but it aint that bad, but it goes like stink, has lots of room, nice leather seats and is a real sleeper. Great workhorse - my boat fits on the roof and the outboard in the boot.

Displaying 1 - 10 of 14 2006 Subaru Forester reviews.

Review your car

2015 Subaru Forester Reviews

Great Car, But Uncertainty Towards Reliability And Warranty By skypilota72

While not necessarily a charmer from the outside appearances, once you're inside, everything changes. Unexpectedly great legroom, comfortable seating, well appointed accessories for the value and an t... Read More

Super Car And Great Value. By mlsstl

After 10 years with my old car, I have been checking out what's on the market. I hadn't considered a Subaru until someone suggested how much their friend liked their new Forester. So, not expecting mu... Read More

Read all 2015 Subaru Forester reviews

2014 Subaru Forester Reviews

Fantastic By albalegume

Love the car. We now have two 1 Touring, 1 premium. with the 2014 safety pick, and the 2008 Subaru as a trade in (stopped running...... shop could never figure out what was wrong with the car), ... Read More

Read all 2014 Subaru Forester reviews

2013 Subaru Forester Reviews

Great Family Car By pilotstevek

This is a great family car with AWD capability. It handles well in the snow or on dry pavement. The engine is designed with color-coded items for people to self-maintain the car. The towing capacity i... Read More

Read all 2013 Subaru Forester reviews

2012 Subaru Forester Reviews

Wonderful Car! By Alfred520

This car has been very reliable and fun to drive. I would recommend this car to anyone who needs a comfy car with room for kids and groceries. I love the way that it runs in the winter it kept us sa... Read More

2012 Forester 2.5 By JPSaleeby

Have managed to put 15K on it in less than a year. No maintenance issues, but did have to replace the rear brake light lens as it was fogged up. Overall is a great daily driver and people hauler. U... Read More

Read all 3 2012 Subaru Forester reviews

2011 Subaru Forester Reviews

Good Car By olepolar

Like most in this car. Personally, I have taken for a test drive a few Subarus at the dealership. The new 2014 are great feel but NOT at all different from 2011 and I like the interior accessories MUC... Read More

Love My Subaru By moverover

First time Subaru owner and loved it; we received great advice/support from Associated Sales in Marshfield and Kocourek in Schofield. This car was used for daily commuting and we never had a backache.... Read More

Read all 5 2011 Subaru Forester reviews

People researching a 2006 Subaru Forester contacted a dealer about

2006 Subaru Forester, The 06 Subaru Forester
Subaru Forester
Subaru Outback
Honda CR-V
Toyota RAV4
Forester
Looking for a Used Forester in your area?
CarGurus has 24,330 nationwide Forester listings starting at $1,850.