2006 Hyundai Sonata User Reviews

2006 Hyundai Sonata Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Performance:4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars 4.2 / 5
  • Appearance:4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars 4.2 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars 4.3 / 5
  • Overall: 4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars 4.4 / 5

PROS
"handling" 8 reviews
"storage" 7 reviews
CONS
"interior" 4 reviews
"doors" 3 reviews
"steering" 3 reviews

Displaying 21 - 30 of 37 2006 Hyundai Sonata reviews.

thirdeye242 writes:
Overall:

Pros

great gas mileage, has a little pep to it, plenty of room for four adults, good trunk space, quiet engine

Cons

had some paint peeling issues

thirdeye242

Nice Family Car — I love my sonata and recently looked at the new model. It was a deal breaker cuz of the standard 4 cylinder, newer 2012 was also very noisy. the 06 is a great car and I will drive it till the wheels fall off. 94k miles and counting.. Headed to florida soon, which is about a 19hour drive and I'm looking forward to it in my nice, quiet, good gas mileage sonata!

Sonata
Looking for a Used Sonata in your area?
CarGurus has 63,993 nationwide Sonata listings starting at $2,480.
marioblanca writes:
2006 Hyundai Sonata LX Review
Accessories:
Battery Life:
Overall:

Pros

Latest accesories like Automatic Stability Control, heated front seats, adjustable steering wheel, lightly tinted glass, rear seat folds down leaving a large storage/carrying area, very functional auto.  Have enjoyed since I puchased new. Beautiful timeless design.

Cons

Engine is powerful and runs on regular gas, but  average miles per gallon is only in the 17 miles range (car is mostly driven in city).  This number is actual miles, with AC on and my driving style enoy acceleration.

marioblanca

Powerful Engine With Great Acceleration And Handling. — Replaced the Hyundai battery twice and the last time installed a non-Hyundai battery with 5 years warranty. I would buy another Hyundai automobile, except for the service provided by the dealerships is way too expensive plus they add 10% on top of the normal bill for "Materials and supplies" an insult to consumers.

Planeman writes:
Overall:

Pros

The Sonata was bought on a whim after driving 2 consecutive Camrys.  I was not dissappointed at all.  This has been a great and very dependable car.  The V6 is very quick and responsive, fun to drive.

Cons

The audio system is weak, stations fade in and out.  Interior is somewhat cheaper than my prvious Camry for fit an finish.  The electronic display provides all kinds of useless information, but does not display the outside temp, big dissappointment.

Planeman

A Great Family Vehicl. I Would Not Hesitate To Buy Another Hyundai Product. — Overall I liked the car, Hyundai has come a long way on their quality. The engine and trans have been flawless and the V6 power is exceptional and very fuel efficient. I drive 80 mph on the freeway and I can still get 26-28 MPG according to the cars computer. The brakes could be stronger, but they are adequate. Comfort is good, road noise is a bit louder than I would like, but not bad. Maintenance has been routine. Just normal oil, brakes and tires in 105,000 miles. I did hit something on the freeway and tore up the plastic shields under the engine and punctured the radiator, but that was not the cars fault. a new OEM radiator was $120, not too bad. I am recommending that my daughter consider the Hyundai brand in her search for a new car.

Patrick writes:
2006 Hyundai Sonata GL Review
Overall:

Pros

Its power even though its only a four cylinder and a midsize sedan.

Cons

Electical Problems.

Ok If You Find One With Low Miles. — Good car overall. Has a lot of power for only a four cylinder. Yet, during this model year and what i have experienced it will have electric problems. It can be a fun car to drive if you drive it for awhile and get to know what it can and can't do.

Cyrus writes:
2006 Hyundai Sonata GL Review
Overall:

Pros

build quality, reliability and features for the price.

Cons

slippery steering wheel and my car had no lumbar seats.

Excellant Car For Daily Use — Performance - adequate for a 2.4ltr engine, braking good and handling a bit firm. build quality :- excellant, 4.5yrs & 101000kms , one accident and no squeaks/rattles. Appearances:- I liked the exterior more than the interior. Cost of ownership :- no maintenance cost, highway driving i managed to get 33mpg and got a good price when i sold the car. fun factor :- Not actually a sporty car or luxury car to have fun but a serious car for commuting long or short journeys. My experience with this car was good and Ii then decided to upgrade myself to full option Azera 3.3ltrs.

MrToad writes:
Overall:

Pros

looks good, good engine, good drivetrain, solid design, well-built, very comfortable, very dependable

Cons

poor mileage

MrToad

Great Family Car, Especially For Tall Sons And Long Drives — This is a nice car. It gets terrible gas mileage with the 6-cylinder, but it has power to burn (good for uphill high-speed highway merges), the interior is very roomy and the fittings are about the best I've ever had in anything less than a 'luxury' sedan. It handles like a small sedan, looks good, and is cheaper to maintain than a Nissan, if not as solidly built. Camry comfort at a Corolla price, just not quite Toyota quality.

Josh writes:
Overall:

Pros

low noise and rides great.

Cons

no reason to avoid the car is a good car for the price.

Good Car For The Price And Can't Beat All The Safety Features. — The car overall is pretty good. The gas mileage on mine was not good at all. I got about 16 in the city and maybe 25 on the highway. The power is good it gets up and goes when you punch it. The car rides nice and is a good family car or for somebody looking for a new car and the warranty is great. I had to have the radio replaced for moisture and something squeaked in the seat and it was all covered no questions asked. I think Hyundai is gonna be equal to Toyota eventually. They are a good made car and solid and quite.

LMariano writes:
2006 Hyundai Sonata LX Review
Overall:

Pros

confortable and reliable

Cons

nothing negative

LMariano

Best Car Ever Driven, Includin The Passat — I bought this 2006 Sonata premium in sept 2oo5. We wre now jan. 2010. I had no problem whatsoever, only oil changes. Very satified with it. I never expected this result. I have 41000 kms, about 25000 miles. I would buy another Sonata without hesitation.

Whitney writes:
Overall:

Pros

reliable

Cons

gas mileage

Nice — This is a good family car, but with a little speed. The gas mileage could be better, it gets a little better gas mileage than my chev silverado did in the city but it gets good hwy mileage. No major repairs to it. It looks sleek and makes u feel like u have some money.

Sherianne writes:
Overall:

Pros

safety

Cons

not sure

It's A Great Car — Well if I may say I'm dissapointed right now it's turning over but not starting. Other than that when it runs I love it. I want a BMW though, but I need to pay off this car first. The performance is great when running The gas mileage is good not great but I drive it around torrington, what can I say

Displaying 21 - 30 of 37 2006 Hyundai Sonata reviews.

Rank your car

1988 Hyundai Sonata Reviews

My Care By Marcus

It has been a very good car for me. I have had the timing belt and pistons replaced, 2 batteries, 3 set of tires, a new alternator. Nice, compact sedan type care for getting back and forth to work in.... Read More

Read all 1988 Hyundai Sonata reviews

1989 Hyundai Sonata Reviews

Good Car But Too Old Now Get Reject Sticker Now By William

I got the car for my birthday love the car, used it for school, work and for everything never broke down drove it all over the world and it still runs but now it has problem going up hills and it gets... Read More

Read all 1989 Hyundai Sonata reviews

1990 Hyundai Sonata Reviews

Dave's 1990 Sonata By David

This was my first car. My dad bought it from an auction one week after my 19th birthday. It had 82,000 miles on it when bought, and had 93,000 miles on it a month later. I had so much fun in this car ... Read More

Read all 1990 Hyundai Sonata reviews

1995 Hyundai Sonata Reviews

An Ok Car, But Not Built To Last Very Long. By Anthony

I have grown attached to this car more and more due to the rarity of it on the roads, it has all the luxiry features of a BMW or Lexus or Mercedes, it is fun to drive, especially in sport mode, 3.0 li... Read More

Not Too Bad By Cường

that is the luxury car and the first car in my life,performance is not bad, the cost is happy with me, the air cooler make me fell pleasant. I love it very much, i will chose sonata for the next car Read More

Read all 4 1995 Hyundai Sonata reviews

1996 Hyundai Sonata Reviews

Good Car By Петко

Poor Acceleration, poor brakes, good handling, It need repairs just like any other car. The exterior is good at rear but at the front of the car is ugly. Interior is good. the mileage is about 220000 ... Read More

My First New Car When Hyundai Still Had A Bad Rap..... By Joe1055

This was actually a great car. It was affordable when I just got out of college and had a low paying job, it was reliable, had a good stereo, never broke down and I got $2K back when I sold it to a pr... Read More

Read all 1996 Hyundai Sonata reviews

People researching a 2006 Hyundai Sonata contacted a dealer about

The 2006 Hyundai Sonata
Hyundai Sonata
Honda Accord
Honda Civic
Toyota Camry
Sonata
Looking for a Used Sonata in your area?
CarGurus has 63,993 nationwide Sonata listings starting at $2,480.