2006 BMW 3 Series User Reviews

2006 BMW 3 Series Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Performance:4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars 4.6 / 5
  • Appearance:4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars 4.6 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars 4.6 / 5
  • Overall: 4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 / 5

PROS
"handling" 40 reviews
"brakes" 12 reviews
CONS
"expensive car" 14 reviews
"high maintenance" 12 reviews

Displaying 21 - 30 of 116 2006 BMW 3 Series reviews.

jonthon2 writes:
Overall:

Pros

nice smooth riding car

Cons

Dealership charge too much for services

jonthon2

My 325i — love the car for the very nice ride. won't buy from the dealer i bought it from again due to they dont stand behide what they sell. otherwise a very nice car! recommend going to short shift kit instead of the stock shifter!

3 Series
Looking for a Used 3 Series in your area?
CarGurus has 35,286 nationwide 3 Series listings starting at $1,800.
Shaune writes:
Overall:

Pros

Looks,Handling,FREE Maintenance

Cons

Very Expensive to replace tires

Bmw 330i — Great car with brilliant engine, probably the best engine ever built by BMW. Very solid vehicle with awesome styling and real easy to drive, it actually make the driver look good with the way it handles. To top it off it doesnt cost a cent to maintain for 4 Yrs/ 50k Miles, how can you beat that?

You found this review helpful

Michael writes:
Overall:

Pros

Lots of them

Cons

None

You Can't Go Wrong. — Handles like no other, the one thing i like about my car vs. Mercedes is handling, it handles great without siffness. I also love the adaptive zenon headlights which turnes as you turn right or left to help you see where you are approaching. Appearance is great, looks sharp and solid. Interior is great too and with the navigation screen, 6 CD/MP3 Changer, Bluetooth connectivity for your cell phone... you can't go wrong, when your phone rings your music if faded down and you see the number on the screen, click on the steering wheel button to answer and click again to hangup and get your music back. Its very convenient.. anyway i could go on and on but overall is more thank Excellent. I love it.

You found this review helpful

Ann writes:
2006 BMW 3 Series 330xi Review
Overall:

Pros

There are too many awesome things about my car to list!

Cons

I'm not a fan of the woodgrain trim on the dash.  Also, black cars are very hard to keep clean.

Is A Bmw Really "the Ultimate Driving Machine"? — Although I wish it was manual transmission, I LOVE this car! I think from now on, all my cars will be German-based. Once you get a BMW, you will want another! Fast, fun, sporty, good in snow....I have no complaints. BMWs are definitely "The Ultimate Driving Machine"!

LawrenceC writes:
2006 BMW 3 Series 325xi Review
Overall:

Pros

The 2006 BMW 325xi an extremely reliable that is very visually appealing. When driving this car, you can tell by the wonderful handling and the outstanding comfort that you are behind the wheel of a BMW. Overall I give this car a 9/10.

Cons

Fuel economy, backseat size, non power seats and trunk space.

LawrenceC

I Feel That This Car Is Worth All Of It's Sticker Price. — The 2006 BMW 325xi an extremely reliable that is very visually appealing. When driving this car, you can tell by the wonderful handling and the outstanding comfort that you are behind the wheel of a BMW. Amongst all the hype, I wasn't expecting much out of the 3.0 Liter 6 cylinder but after I gave it al it had I the realized why there has been so much talk about this engine. Overall I give this car a 9/10.

loose writes:
Overall:

Pros

Style, handling/ride balance.  Quality feel.

Cons

It could use more power parts are expensive.

loose

Great Daily Driver — This a nice overall car. I drives very well, is spacious, good on gas, etc. I would describe it as a jack of all trades, master of none. It's not deficient in any particular area. I would prefer if it were more focused on performance.

Alxesq writes:
2006 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Convertible Review
Overall:

Pros

I bought my car new and, after almost 7 years, I still love driving it! Unlike today's cars with electric steering, there is excellent road feel. Very reliable. Classic design.

Cons

I only recently started servicing my car after the warranty expired, and it is expensive! Also, front bumper easily gets caught on parking lot stops so don't pull in all the way.

Alxesq

A Real Driver's Car! — The 330 convertible was my compromise between a true 2 seat sports car and a family sedan. I have taken my kids to school and then drove it to work everyday since I bought it - and I loved every minute of my commute. It has stood up rather well to the rigors of daily use with the interior showing signs of wear only on the left lateral support of the driver's seat and the steering wheel radio buttons. That is a testament to the quality of the materials used in the car. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone who appreciates driving rather than just commuting!

tonycole writes:
Overall:

Pros

cool-looking, quick, agile and lots of fun

Cons

run-flat performance tires are really expensive, but safer

tonycole

Maybe The Best Of The 32 Cars I've Owned, Including Numerous European Luxo And Sports Cars — My second 3 series car. Purchased as a CPO with 16K miles 4 years ago. Now has about 54K miles and has completely met my expectations. Get the premium and sport packages if you can; these make the car much more enjoyable and capable.

You don't find this review helpful

xivinrah writes:
2006 BMW 3 Series 325xi Review
Overall:

Pros

Smooth sound of an inline six engine, great side and rear profile, enough power for regular, everyday commuting. Intelligent all-wheel drive system.

Cons

At only 215 horsepower, it's just not as fast as I feel like it could be. Front end isn't as nice as the LCI models (2009-2011). No LED halogens (angel eye) front end headlights or LED rear tail end lights. No navigation system. The only option on it is the Cold Weather Package and the Premium Package. Gasket problems.

xivinrah

Nice Vehicle For A 23 Year Old College Student — It is comfortable, clean, and a nice car to be driving when you are a 23 year old college student. It does garner some attention when I am seen driving in it. Aside from that, it is high maintenance and high performance like any other BMW. This one in particular has issues that are commonly associated with first year models. I would beware when buying any first year model vehicles.

Robert writes:
Overall:

Pros

I would get this car again, so i'd recommend someone looking for a family car to get it

Cons

maintenance

1,095

Perfect Get Around Car In Style. — This is a perfect car to get around in comfortably. More along the lines of a family car, definatelyl not a sports car, definately not a race car like some may lead you to think. they are comfortable and look nice... having the 4 doors is helpfull switch from the 2 doors previously offered. spacious, can fit 5 ppl semi comfortably. handling is very nice around bends considering the type of car it is. gas mileage was ok. Car absorbed most the impact of a 50mph rear ending - totalled the car, but minor injuries.

Displaying 21 - 30 of 116 2006 BMW 3 Series reviews.

Rank your car

1976 BMW 3 Series Reviews

Beemer By George

This was a nice car, but temperamental. Seats were comfortable, car was sporty, but the gearshift and transmission were a crapshoot. And lots of vibrations too. Still, it was a sharp car, with good cu... Read More

Read all 1976 BMW 3 Series reviews

1977 BMW 3 Series Reviews

The Car Love Om My Life. I Still Miss Her ;) By Mattias

90 hp wasn't quite enough, but the lack in brawn was compensated by superb handling. This car is so much fun to drive. Driving fast in winter conditions was a bit tricky at first because of the divi... Read More

320i By Jordan

not much work done to this specific car, needless to say i was in love even before driving it, but the feel of driving it is priceless. 4 speed transmission is super fun, and old school one sided ... Read More

Read all 1977 BMW 3 Series reviews

1978 BMW 3 Series Reviews

Doesn't Like Speed Humps By Sasha

Cheap classic. Great little run about, good fun to drive, easy to work on and extremely tail happy. If you were to purchase one ensure that it's in great condition. Read More

Read all 1978 BMW 3 Series reviews

1979 BMW 3 Series Reviews

Insane 350 Powered Bmw By ratsrv8

it is a pure unadulterated beast, roast the tires at the blip of the trottle, lord please protect my sweet ride as i start to slip and slid that i find the straightness in this ride, hang on here we ... Read More

Yeah, It's A Beater, But It's The Best One I've Owned. By Jason204

For reliable, daily transportation, you can't really beat an E21 chassis. The M10 engine is nearly bulletproof, and everything on the car is so simple to repair. I removed the engine and gearbox in ab... Read More

Read all 1979 BMW 3 Series reviews

1980 BMW 3 Series Reviews

Get One And Keep It By Dane

well this car has been around the world stayed the family for a long time only had 3 owners and 2 of them were father to daughter it has a carburator fault at the moment and i have fixed some rust bu... Read More

Wish I Still Had This Car By tonycole

My first BMW (of 3 so far), purchased new in Monterey, California. It stayed with me for 8.5 years and 87K miles with only minor maintenance--plus a new clutch throwout bearing at about 75K miles. I... Read More

Read all 6 1980 BMW 3 Series reviews

People researching a 2006 BMW 3 Series contacted a dealer about

BMW 3 Series
BMW 5 Series
Audi A4
Infiniti G35
3 Series
Looking for a Used 3 Series in your area?
CarGurus has 35,286 nationwide 3 Series listings starting at $1,800.