2005 Subaru Baja User Reviews

2005 Subaru Baja Review Ratings

• Review your car

• Performance:4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars 4 / 5
  • Appearance:3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars 3.7 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars 4.7 / 5
  • Overall: 4.9 out of 5 stars4.9 out of 5 stars4.9 out of 5 stars4.9 out of 5 stars4.9 out of 5 stars 4.9 / 5

PROS
"reliable car" 2 reviews
"speed" 2 reviews
"tailgate" 2 reviews
"build quality" 2 reviews

Displaying all 7 2005 Subaru Baja reviews.

60SLE2 writes:
2005 Subaru Baja 4 Dr Turbo AWD Crew Cab SB Review
Overall:

Pros

I love this gorgeous car/truck. The tailgate folds down easily to change into a full sized truck bed. It drives like a brand new car and can handle all weather conditions here in Northern Ut.

Cons

It is a turbo so the miles per gallon aren't too great. It is also too fast for me.

60SLE2

The Best Car I Have Ever Owned! — I like everything about this car/truck except that it is a turbo and not very economical to drive. I would prefer a Toyota Corolla because I have no need for a truck and the Corolla is smaller and has better fuel efficiency. There are no noises or blind spots and maintenance costs have only been the yearly inspections and check-ups, new tires and a new battery. This is an extremely safe car, handles all weather conditions easily and is a blast to drive. She needs a younger owner who will appreciate the quick acceleration. The exterior has a few scratches and one small dent. The interior is black leather in perfect condition and shows very little wear.

Baja
Looking for a Used Baja in your area?
CarGurus has 142 nationwide Baja listings starting at $3,954.
Doug writes:
Overall:

Pros

Utility, All-weather performance

Cons

sluggish acceleration

Subaru Baja Sport, Utility In Style — Build quality and reliability are great. No issues and odometer reads 123K+. It isn't a turbo and acceleration is sluggish, but it will get you up to speed on the interstate ramp. Feels solid at all speeds I have driven it at. Obviously it has great utility. I have hauled a 16' garage door on top and sheet rock in the back. It doesn't have a 4'x8' bed, but is good for most casual hauling. Where it really shines is in bad weather. Short of black ice it hangs onto the road like a squirrel on a tree in a breeze. Absolutely AWESOME when the weather is pushing everyone else off the road.

damperdon writes:
2005 Subaru Baja 4 Dr Turbo AWD Crew Cab SB Review
damperdon

This Little P/u Hauls A** — When we decided to go test drive one, I was very sceptical. Owning a Dodge Hemi p/u and looking to trade in a V-8 Ford Explorer, we were no strangers to speed. We got in, and the sales rep told us "go check it out" and went backin the building. Needless to say, once we were far enough down the road from the dealer we let the right foot do the talking. I was taken aback at the rate of accelleration. The fit the finish, the solid sounding door and tailgate, all felt like a very well built machine. I have always wanted all wheel drive (living in Houston TX, possibly the 3rd rainiest place on earth) it seemed like a good time to jump in and give Subauru a go. 2 years and 29K miles later, my wife has no qualms about telling me she still loves her Baja, and is in no mood to give it up. I was so impressed with Subaru, their dealer, there service et.al. I bought a used Legacy wagon (non turbo) for my daily driver. As I drive 100 miles a day just back and fort to work, it is much easier on the pocket book than the Big Dawg Hemi Dodge (but I still have it for days when I feel the need for speed).

Owner for 2 years, 2 months

Miles Driven per Year:15,000

JessiN writes:
Overall:

Pros

This has been an amazing car.  It walks over snow and ice.  It has been wonderful with having the truck back because I have a dog.

Cons

The backseat only holds 2 people.  So, with having a child who requires a car seat, there isn't much room for people to travel with me.

JessiN

Awesome! — I pretty much love this car. The only reason I'm looking for a new car is because I need more space for kids since my family has recently went from having 1 child to 3. I would have liked to get a cover for the back, but never got around to it. If someone purchased one of these vehicles, I would highly recommend the back cover. It would have added more storage space and opened a whole new world of use for this vehicle for me.

winnee writes:
Overall:

Pros

very good on gas just came back from new York drive like a dream.

Cons

should have more power very slow on take off.

winnee

Subaru Should Start Making Baja Again They Are Very Hard To Find. — very stylish very comfy to me.i have had cars all my life this car surprises me I love it so much that I need to dress it up I will call this car the bird once it gets up to speed that,s it.

VABchAnthony writes:
Overall:

Pros

versatile hauler: roof racks, bed extender, door from cab to bed for long items

Cons

not sexy

VABchAnthony

Smart And Safe — subaru has safety, reliability and quality, and with the Baja they have extreme practicality, versatility and usefulness. Baja never let us down, and we used it for moving our whole house worth of stuff when we moved. They should still make them! It is a right sized Avalanche!

Tom writes:
Overall:

Pros

Versitle

Cons

Handling

Buru Baja — Very versitle. Not recommended for more than two people on long trips. Only seats 4 (back seat has a console as well). Bed hauls more than you would expect. I got a soft car topper to put in the bed for long trips for luggage. Car would fishtail easy.

Primary Use: Utility (towing boats, transporting cargo, etc.)

Displaying all 7 2005 Subaru Baja reviews.

Review your car

2006 Subaru Baja Reviews

Cant Say Nothing Wrong About This Vehicle By gdavie

great car,cabin space a little tight for bigger guys,nice to get in start up and go go go,very dependable,good on gas,if you own a subby you will always be a loyal subbt owner for ever Read More

Unique ! By awesondeal

The enhancements I have added have made this Baja unique and more enjoyable to Drive. The added engine Power Package was installed professionally and has improved The sound, horsepower and torque capa... Read More

Read all 4 2006 Subaru Baja reviews

2004 Subaru Baja Reviews

One's Greatest Ability Is Dependability, This Car Epitomizes That. By Allenaa

Great car with great looks, as usual Subaru quality with Subaru performance, built in the USA. Gas mileage is fair 28 MPG HWY 21 City. Turbo charged engine provide the power when you need it with good... Read More

Read all 2004 Subaru Baja reviews

2003 Subaru Baja Reviews

True Sport And Utility By ayadori

Love this car, truck, cruck. Hauls anything from friends to bicycles to hunting gear, gets decent mileage, and incredible in the snow. Mechanically sound, cabin is super noisy with wind, engine is tor... Read More

Nice Subie By carguy2

Like open bed in rear, fun lil car. Premium feeling car fun to drive. Not to peppy to start but strong on highway. Solid ride feeling safe and great in snow. Would be alittle bit nicer if she sat alit... Read More

Read all 13 2003 Subaru Baja reviews

People researching a 2005 Subaru Baja contacted a dealer about

The 2005 Subaru Baja, exterior
Subaru Baja
Subaru Outback
Subaru Forester
BMW 3 Series
Baja
Looking for a Used Baja in your area?
CarGurus has 142 nationwide Baja listings starting at $3,954.