2005 Saab 9-7X Overview

9-7X

Looking for a Used 9-7X in your area?

CarGurus has 178 nationwide 9-7X listings starting at $4,995.

ZIP:

Not sure what you want?

Find the models that are right for you using the CarGurus Car Finder.

Zip:

Trims

4 Dr Arc AWD SUV
4 Dr Linear AWD SUV
Avg. Price: $6,719
Arc
3 national listings
Linear
6 national listings
Avg. Price: $6,877

Saab 9-7X Experts

#1 tenspeed
tenspeed
Reputation 20
#2 magnum350
magnum350
Reputation 10
#2 ceeuno
ceeuno
Reputation 10
View All

Average User Score

55 stars

Based on 1 review

An Suv That Behaves Like A European Sedan by Chris
 — I have been pleased with this car in every way. I plan to drive for 10+ years. Everything is high quality inside and out. Surprisingly fast. Handles like a sports sedan, excellent steering feedb... Read More

2005 Saab 9-7X Overview

Overall User Score

5 out of 5 stars5 out of 5 stars5 out of 5 stars5 out of 5 stars5 out of 5 stars55

Based on 1 review

2005 Saab 9-7X

In 2005, Saab finally fell into the SUV gold rush. Being in a rush, they raided their GM partner's parts bin to come up with the MT360 platform. That added the TrailBlazer, Envoy, and Rainer to their family lineage. Saab aficionados were not happy with 80% of a beloved Saab made of GM parts. Saab engineers, however, had a trick or two up their white coat sleeves with the remaining 20%.

Saab stiffened the front frame and the springs and cut them by 1 inch. This improved steering response and handling. Reworking the Bilstein shocks for more rebound control and increased compression, Saab also added a larger anti-roll bar. For the electronically controlled rear air suspension, they changed the body-to-frame bushings and used stiffer upper and lower control-arm bushings, improving handling and ride quality. A quicker steering ratio, larger brakes and an electronically controlled limited-slip rear end went into the mix.

One reviewer remarked that in 2 years Saab engineers turned the GM platform into a sports car, something that had eluded GM designers for 10 years. The 9-7X handles like a Saab—smooth and fluent—over all types of terrain and corners.  

The interior features rich, stitched-leather, dark burled wood trim with chrome, stain-nickel touches, and the center console ignition key switch. The ample application of sound deadening materials completes the Saab cabin. The rear seats fold and self-store to extend the rear cargo area. A hidden cargo area under the rear floor provides storage for valuables.

Pure GM muscle, however, powers this Saab. The base model features the Vortec 4200 inline 6-cylinder, which produces 290 hp and delivers 21 mpg highway. A $2,000 upgrade gets you the 5.3-liter V8 with 300 hp at 19 mpg highway and mid-teens in the city. The V8 produces nearly 60 pound-feet of additional torque for a 6,500-pound tow limit. Both engines transmit their power through a standard 4-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive system.

In addition to dual-stage front airbags and ABS, safety features include a rollover sensing system and head curtain side airbags.

The 9-7X carries unique Saab styling with its traditional front fascia 3-port grill. The overall sleek, aerodynamic appearance is pure Saab, underscoring the "sport" aspect of the SUV.

Updated

What's your take on the 2005 Saab 9-7X?

People researching a 2005 Saab 9-7X contacted a dealer about

2005 Saab 9-7X, side, exterior
Saab 9-7X
23% of the time
Jeep Grand Cherokee
5% of the time
Ford Explorer
5% of the time
Dodge Durango
4% of the time
9-7X
Looking for a Used 9-7X in your area?
CarGurus has 178 nationwide 9-7X listings starting at $4,995.
ZIP:

Saab 9-7X Questions

csaiqa
0

The Battery Of My Saab 2005 9_7x Drains Overnight. I Have Already Replaced ...

29 views with no answers yet
Jun121069
0

What Is The Cause Of An Suv Dropping From The Rear?

39 views with 1 answer (last answer about a year ago)