2005 Ford Freestyle User Reviews

2005 Ford Freestyle Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Performance:3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars 3.7 / 5
  • Appearance:4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars 4.1 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars 4.4 / 5
  • Overall: 4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars 4.4 / 5

PROS
"big space" 7 reviews
"comfortable car" 5 reviews
CONS
"interior" 2 reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 23 2005 Ford Freestyle reviews.

2005FreeStyle215 writes:
Overall:

Pros

roomy

Cons

repair costs

2005FreeStyle215

I Love My Freestyle — I would buy another one.It is very comfortable to drive, with the wheels I put on it seems like everywhere I go someone stops to talk to me. It is one of the nicest SUVs I ever saw. I would recommend a friend buy one.

Freestyle
Looking for a Used Freestyle in your area?
CarGurus has 531 nationwide Freestyle listings starting at $2,000.
Abouttowne writes:
2005 Ford Freestyle Limited AWD Review
Overall:

Pros

Everything

Cons

Cold weather driver door freezes sometimes and door will not latch shut

Abouttowne

Fun And Versatile — Wish mine had a sunroof. Drives smooth and responsive. Great visibility and with adjustable peddles, works well for shorter drivers. Seats fold down easily and lots of cargo space. Highway average is closeto 30 mpg. Great looking inside and out.

Tammy writes:
2005 Ford Freestyle SE Review
Overall:

Pros

great family car

Cons

NONE

Love It — The Freestyle is a great family car and seats 7. Very nice interior and super in the winter. We have had no problems with it and it drives great. Everything is within reach of the driver and the kids have a lot of room and no one is fighting for space.

EJinMV writes:
2005 Ford Freestyle Review
Overall:

Pros

Just replaced wife's car that was totalled - so not sure yet.  Wife loves it, I will check it out if I can ever find her not in it :-)

Cons

Air conditioner has problem, blowing hot or warm air.  We live in a hot climate so I need to get this fixed.  There seems to be a lot of problems with this on the Fords from what I have found

EJinMV

Cool Family Car With Climate Control Issues — The car will hold a lot of people and equipment. It drives like a car, not a van or truck with a low center of gravity. Ergonomics are well thought out and unbelievably comfortable. It has a lot of areas to store things close to the driver. Highschoolers are transported with all their junk a lot easier. Just need to resolve the A/C issues!

erigoasparago writes:
Overall:

Pros

nice family car

Cons

poor gas mileage; heavy

erigoasparago

Fine Car — not bad car; actually just what we needed, great 'do everything' vehicle. mileage is not what I expected. AWD is fine for summer vacations, where we get something like 20-24 mpg driving to Denver from San Jose. Quiet and comfortable; great A/C

califmom writes:
2005 Ford Freestyle SE Review
Overall:

Pros

I am a mom and used this car to shuttle my kids everywhere. It's great for hauling them, their stuff, my dog and gardening supplies. It has lots of room and is very comfortable. It is a nice looking car and a great color. It has lots of leg room and space between the seats so the kids don't get squished. The visibility is exceptional. It has been a very reliable car.  We have had it for 7 years and kept it in great condition, so it has been very reliable.

Cons

Our older son is 21 now and I want a smaller car, so I want to sell this one.

califmom

Great Suv In Amazing Condition — This car handles like a big car, not like a truck. It has a 6-cyl engine, so it has good power. It gets good mileage for a big car, about 21 mpg average. It has always run very well. It was recalled for jumping forward in low gear but Ford fixed that and it has been fine since. I have always felt very safe in it since it is pretty big.

Jeremy writes:
2005 Ford Freestyle SEL Review
Overall:

Pros

Comfort/Room

Cons

Ford

A Ford I Actually Like. — Awesome family vehicle. Better gas mileage than an SUV, and as much room as Minivan. Drives great with plenty of power. Avg. 22-25 mpg. Has enough room for whole family and lots of groceries. The folding seats offer a lot of options for hauling people and cargo.

shimigold writes:
2005 Ford Freestyle SEL Review
Overall:

Pros

All around great family vehicle.

Cons

We opted for 6 seats, in hindsight could have really used the 7 seats. Also 4 speed instead of 5 or 6.

shimigold

Great Overall Vehicle — Love my car, wish I would have gotten the 7 seat option. It's a bit loud on highways and could have really used a 6 speed transmission. Otherwise very happy with it and it served us well over the years.

Joyce writes:
Overall:

Pros

nothing

Cons

gas

Okay — The milage on this car is hard to manage. I commute 100 miles to work and this can get quiet expensive considering the price of gas is 2.18. The car handles well in the rain. I guess because it is AWD.

youcanreachluke writes:
Overall:

Pros

This family hauler is spacious and more versatile than its competitors.  It can haul 7 passengers with ample luggage space, has DC power outlets wherever you need them, but can also fold seats for more space while carrying 5 or 6 passengers.  It does everything well.

Cons

The AC can go out - we replaced ours - and that is not uncommon.  Thankfully, the replacement comes with Ford warranty and blows ice cold again.

youcanreachluke

The Super Family Wagon — This vehicle takes care of all of your needs very well. I love the power, ride, space, versatility, and overall comfort. I look forward to adding more miles to this vehicle knowing how dependable it is. We've driven from Michigan to Canada, Florida, New York, and Oregon/Washington, and the only trouble was AC going out (Montana during 104° F blasting heat). Great car and worth every penny!

Displaying 1 - 10 of 23 2005 Ford Freestyle reviews.

Rank your car

2006 Ford Freestyle Reviews

Great Overall Vehicle By mia_post

Great vehicle, bought it when I started a family and I couldn't have asked for a more reliable car. Maintained it in great condition and kept the interior and exterior clean. The navigation system is ... Read More

Beware! Very Bad Transmission, Very Expensive Fix/replace, Replace Again By bkkjot

Even though the gas milage wasn't great, I loved this car until the AWD went out under 3 years and then the transmission in it's third year. Ford no longer makes this car and now I know why, I wish I... Read More

Read all 7 2006 Ford Freestyle reviews

2007 Ford Freestyle Reviews

Excellent Family Vehicle/highway Cruiser By riverdog29

This is (was) a great car that Ford mis-marketed! It blows the Ford Edge away with its ride quality and passenger/cargo capacity. Based on a car chassis, it just cruises like a long-wheelbased limo ... Read More

Very Dependable! By Jeff

Extremely loaded like our Explorer was! W/o the running boards. Also Has Satellite radio. Leather,moonroof, 6 cd/changer, onboard diagnostics computer Read More

Read all 3 2007 Ford Freestyle reviews

People researching a 2005 Ford Freestyle contacted a dealer about

Ford Freestyle
Ford Explorer
Honda Pilot
Ford Escape
Freestyle
Looking for a Used Freestyle in your area?
CarGurus has 531 nationwide Freestyle listings starting at $2,000.