2005 Ford Five Hundred User Reviews

2005 Ford Five Hundred Review Rankings

How users ranked the 2005 Ford Five Hundred against other cars they have driven.
Have you driven a 2005 Ford Five Hundred?
Rank your car →

Displaying 1 - 10 of 18 2005 Ford Five Hundred reviews.

says:
I have driven this car and it drive smooth !!
Five Hundred
Looking for a Used Five Hundred in your area?
CarGurus has 1,114 nationwide Five Hundred listings starting at $2,495.
Overall:

Pros

Low Maintainance vehicle, comparable with Japanese and European cars

Cons

Nothing to Complain

Great Family Car — Great Car for family.Has all features user friendly. Excellent road grip.Value for money . Quality of this vehicle has surpassed my expectations. With Vehicle frame coming from Volvo platform, excellent road view for short people. 5 star side crash rated vehicle. Definitely recommend for friends and family

Overall:

Pros

Great smooth ride

Cons

Not a v8, but not bad

The Ride — Great car, had it since it was new. Never had any issues with it, it's a great car to go on trips with. Got it wired for sound, it's also got remote start. All in all it's a safe reliable car seating for five.

2005 Ford Five Hundred SE Review
Overall:

Pros

Great overall reliable car. Very little work above basic maintenance.

Cons

I'm a really big guy. 6'3" 370. I can fit just barely. Nothing else other than that,

Good Reliable And A Great Value. — Good clean comfortable car that performed well. Plenty of room for a mid size car that is dependable. Good gas mileage for the size car with enough power to do what you need to do. Just a good overall car.

2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited AWD Review
Overall:

Pros

Styling

Cons

Repair Costs

Tryimg To Like This Car — Like the car. Just the repair is something new. There is always something new when it comes to repair. Gas mileage is okay. My wife drives the car mostly and when something sounds funny, she's got questions. And then its on me to fix the problem.

2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL AWD Review
Overall:

Pros

Sentimentality.

Cons

Poor qality parts and maufacturing.

It's A Solid American Car... But Don't Expect It To Last Like A Toyota Or Drive Like A Mercedez. — This car blows. For real. It sucks. But it's my car and I love it. His name is Schnookims and I'm probably stuck with him till he is totaled. Car fun to drive. If you don't mind praying to not have a random gas-line related break down. It's pretty cheap to own. In the last five years I've had to put in 2,500 for problems... but it's not that bad. This is the ugliest car you've ever seen. Trust me. The Aztec has nothing on the Five Hundred. If you're 60 and a man you might like how the car looks. I'm 21 and a young lady and I think it looks like a middle-aged-man-mobile. The car drive great- when it drives.

Overall:

Pros

Great to drive long distances

Cons

Nothing

2005 Ford Five Hundred — Great passenger car overall. What I loved about it the most was it was basically free as it was a company vehicle. Drove this vehicle very long distances (over 1,500 miles weekly) for my job and the passenger compartment and driver erganomics made this a very comfortable vehicle to drive. Mileage range was excellent for this 6 cyl. LOVED THIS CAR!

Overall:

Pros

She knows point A. She knows point B. She knows how to get from one to the other.

Cons

About as fun to drive as watching paint dry.

Crossing My Fingers — When Ford made the mistake of calling the Taurus the Five Hundred and Mullaly (CEO of Ford Motor Company) knocked some sense back into the company, I wondered how this was going to make owners like me feel about having a vehicle that even Ford wasn't quite sure of. Well, I've gotten over it and this faux Taurus and precursor to the 2010 design change is what it is: a big car with an engine that's too small to energize you as a driver and looks that would make anyone say, "Eh." There have been recalls (rear brakes, harsh transmission shifts, etc) that have all affected me and my pocket book. But in the end, at 91K+ miles currently, 3 sets of wheels and regular oil changes have kept this Titanium Green honey going. It's my daily commuter. It's fine. And surprisingly getting me 27 mpg. I think it'll go another 80-90K, but that's crossing my fingers really, really hard.

Overall:

Pros

It' a nice ride

Cons

Rear end sound

Great Car Overall. — Nice car, suits me just fine, as with most Fords. Only put gas and oil into her so far, may need some new wipers before winter hits, but other than that, she's just fine. If your going for a used car, I recommend this car.

Overall:

Pros

very nice

Cons

not rear wheel drive like I'm used to. No smoki'n tires

This Car Is Great For The Average Driver, Fast Enough .........but Not For Me — love the car but it's sure not the V8 I'm used to! only a 6 cyl... wish there were dome performance upgrades for it. I can get a K&N but not the whole intake. :( THat's my only real complaint.

Displaying 1 - 10 of 18 2005 Ford Five Hundred reviews.

2007 Ford Five Hundred Reviews

Serves It's Intended Purpose Well By SLK55

Bought used so wasn't as pristine as I would have liked, and it's black so keeping it looking nice isn't the easiest task. We love the big car ride and that Ford parts and repairs are reasonable, comp... Read More

Work Car By johnmatkinson1

Great car with tons of room for a sedan. Gas mileage is awesome for the way I drive it. Good looking car for a sedan, good stance, good handling, tires are costly to replace. Passenger front seat f... Read More

Read all 7 2007 Ford Five Hundred reviews

2006 Ford Five Hundred Reviews

Great For Families (race Drivers Beware) By VaughnSeller206

What can you say about your first car. It has never let me down, even after I drove over a round-about and popped all four tires, it still made the 5 mile trip to the auto-shop without a problem. Love... Read More

Great Looking Car...but..... By bill91852

This throttle body, surging, erratic dash gauge light issue has put a damper on an otherwise great car. Fords inability to acknowledge or to take interest in these issues makes one wonder if they woul... Read More

Read all 12 2006 Ford Five Hundred reviews

People researching a 2005 Ford Five Hundred contacted a dealer about

Ford Five Hundred
Chevrolet Impala
Hyundai Sonata
Nissan Maxima
Five Hundred
Looking for a Used Five Hundred in your area?
CarGurus has 1,114 nationwide Five Hundred listings starting at $2,495.
Have you driven a 2005 Ford Five Hundred?
Rank your car →