2004 Toyota Sienna User Reviews

2004 Toyota Sienna Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Performance:3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars 3.6 / 5
  • Appearance:4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars 4 / 5
  • Build Quality:5 out of 5 stars5 out of 5 stars5 out of 5 stars5 out of 5 stars5 out of 5 stars 5 / 5
  • Overall: 4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 / 5

PROS
"big space" 7 reviews
"comfortable car" 6 reviews
"storage" 5 reviews
CONS
"doors" 2 reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 20 2004 Toyota Sienna reviews.

2004 Toyota Sienna 4 Dr XLE Passenger Van Review
Overall:

Pros

The 2004 is a big improvement over the 2003 and previous model in that it is wider and longer, slightly, which makes a big difference.  The back row seat folds down into the floor, which is very nice, the longer van allows you to put rear facing car seats in the second row without needing to put the front passenger seat all the way forward, and the 2004-2010 Sienna has so many storage compartments (13 cup holders)--very nice.

Cons

The gas mileage is fine but not great, the second-row captains chairs are always difficult to remove, the power sliding door cables break after about 10 years on these vans and are an expensive repair (if you don't fix it yourself like me, check out my website to see how you can diy too), you must remove the bumper to replace the radiator (I did that too myself and wrote about it on my website).

johnfixesstuff

An Already Great Family Car They've Improved From The Previous Model, Lots Of Space — Previously we owned a 2003 Sienna and this one-year upgrade (and new model) have made a big difference. The XLE package with DVD is very nice with kids but the controls are all in the back so that is difficult when the parents are sitting in front. We eventually pretty much learned how to reach back and feel the buttons. This XLE model has storage everywhere, we don't really use it all. There's even storage under the armrests on the driver and front passenger doors. The wider wheelbase and the slightly longer 2004 model makes a big difference and the fold into the floor back row seats is very nice when you fold them down and it's nice when they are up because you have the lower floor behind the back seat to store more stuff. The engine is fine for power and has plenty of get-up to pass on the interstate but the we really don't ever average much more than 25 mpg, usually less than 19 in the city. I had to replace both sliding door cable assemblies, which is a pain, (but not worth the $1,400 the dealer will charge you) and I actually wrote up a tutorial on my website on how to do the repair. I had to replace the radiator last year but other than that it's been a good van. Make sure to replace your shocks and struts or you'll ruin your tires!

Sienna
Looking for a Used Sienna in your area?
CarGurus has 18,973 nationwide Sienna listings starting at $1,500.
2004 Toyota Sienna 4 Dr XLE AWD Passenger Van Review
Overall:

Pros

Very comfortable car with lot of cargo space. Luxury edition XLE with all power.

Cons

I did not find any.

Aldebaran

My Favorite Af All Cars I Have Been Driving - Toyota Sienna! — I like everything so far. 3.3L V6 seams to be economical, however computer shows usually 22-25miles/ Gallon. I tested Honda Odyssey and that car did 28miles/gallon on highway. However Honda does not have so nice interior like Sienna.

2004 Toyota Sienna 4 Dr CE Passenger Van Review
Overall:

Pros

Safe, reliable, low maintenance, comfortable, plenty of room for carrying stuff, seats from two to 7.  Gas milage is good for its size and weight. Good power for freeway, hills and towing.

Cons

None.

DLMoonitz

Best All Around Car I Have Ever Owned. — I like the comfort, power, reliability, utility and looks. So far, 106,000 miles and absolutely no mechanical problems at all. A very durable, well built car that handles extremely well on the open road and in the mountains. Even some moderate off roading. Plenty of room for passengers and hauling stuff, even large appliances, lumber, etc.

Overall:

Pros

Drives well, fits seven passengers, two back rows can fold down for x-tra cargo space.

Cons

I didn't have any problems with this van.

Comfortable, Reliable Mini-van — There isn't a thing I disliked about this car. It has a large amount of space in the interior for up to seven passengers, including the driver. The car rides smoothly and comfortably. This model Toyota was not expensive to maintain, which makes it an economical family vehicle.

Overall:

Pros

passenger climate control.  lots of little storage holders throughout, can haul a 4 x 8 plywood or seven passengers in comfort, passenger DVD built in

Cons

only getting around 19 mpg

marymerkaba

Comfortable, Quiet, Meets All My Needs — Only owned it two months but love the ride and the quiet. It replaces the need for two previous cars. The side doors are very useful for exiting in tight places. I can make a large bed in the back and my dog approves. I now have one well built car that I use for all my transportation needs including hauling stuff

2004 Toyota Sienna 4 Dr XLE Limited Passenger Van Review
Overall:

Pros

Great family car.  Lots of space for kids and dog!  Makes traveling easy with the DVD entertainment system.  Drives smooth and has an awesome turning radius.

Cons

We had to replace the Air Conditioning at about 120,000 miles.  We have also had problems with the O2 sensor, it will probably need to be replaced soon as well.

bldirkmaat01

Great Car — I like the look a feel of this car. It was comfortable and the kids seemed comfortable on long trips. There haven't been any concerns with the vehicle other than normal maintenance issues. We have driven it a lot. It has 142,300 miles on it so replacing the air conditioning and O2 sensor seem reasonable. Overall a very good car and safe too.

Overall:

Pros

Comfortable roomy car great for travel with big family.

Cons

Noisy doors and body integrity.

tech13158

Best Travel Car Ive Owned. — Great vehicle for travel for bigger families. Had problems with rattling doors and almost considered a lemon cause no dealer could fix it. Finally had a specialist fix it but what a hassle. Over a 100k miles on it and still love it.

Overall:

Pros

there isn't anything I don't love about my Sienna.  I only hope that in the future I can get another one.

Cons

I would love a DVD system and moon-roof but that's NO reflection on the car.  Can't find the Con's.  Would be honest about it if I thought there were some.  I've owned Dodge's, Nissan's, Honda's and Toyota's. The Honda and Toyota brands stand out -simple as that.

Season4u

The Full Package — There isn't much I don't love about my Sienna. I'm only selling it because I need the money. It's one of the best cars I've ever owned. Super safe, which is VERY important to me, so comfortable to ride in (doesn't feel trucky), super quiet, gobs of room, love the third row and that you can take out all the seats and make it a cargo van if you'd like. I've kept up with the maintenance and so I think that's why the car will last and last. It's such a great car.

Appearance:
Overall:

Pros

Great vehicle

Cons

None

1kriek

Power, Style, Comfort — This car goes anywhere at any time. It's comfortable. The AWD model handles super! It may look like a "soccer mom's car" but this thing can accelerate when you need to. It feels like luxury. Gas mileage's good. Great buy!

Appearance:
Overall:

Pros

Moves people

Cons

Too darn big

People Mover — It's a decent family van. It holds kids, junk and gets us there reasonably. Mileage is around 21 in mixed driving. We do seem to sideswipe things with amazing regularity, but that's not really the fault of the car. Isn't this 40 words yet?

Displaying 1 - 10 of 20 2004 Toyota Sienna reviews.

Rank your car

2015 Toyota Sienna Reviews

Perfect Minivan By sparklingwater

The Toyota Sienna is an awesome minivan. It drives smooth. The instrument panel is not cluttered, unlike the other minivans. It has very quiet and spacious cabin. It has good power and handling. It i... Read More

Read all 2015 Toyota Sienna reviews

2012 Toyota Sienna Reviews

Sporty Ride! By 4WEST

No complaints other than the tires they put on it. It is a comfortable to drive and ride in auto. Even the back seats are comfortable. Seats 8 with only the middle of the middle row being an uncomfort... Read More

Still My Dream Van, Just Wish It Had A Better Bluetooth System By fcaster874

It has so much space! It rides well with the V6 to power it. All of the Pros features are those that I truly adore about the van and why I don't want to give it up. My biggest negative is about... Read More

Read all 5 2012 Toyota Sienna reviews

2011 Toyota Sienna Reviews

Commanding Driving Position With An Extremely Comfortable Seat. By bidawi

Surprising captain-style comfort and easy handling. - I originally was hesitant to drive a van but was absolutely won over by the quality and comfort of this always improving van. Every time I drive i... Read More

Great Family Car By KristinBryan

I always said I'd never drive a minivan. Ultimately the features that the Sienna had were just too perfect for life with little kids to pass up. The stigma is definitely there, but I had multiple pe... Read More

Read all 11 2011 Toyota Sienna reviews

2010 Toyota Sienna Reviews

Great For Family By Carfaxauto

Its is kinda comfort for first row, My own opinion. I like the Solely seat more than bench. So the redesigned model one with the second row loungh seat. Its very impression for me in this trait. Blind... Read More

Perfect Family Car By spoto7

Love the power doors, and the eighth seat. Luggage rack is a plus, as we found the trunk to be slightly cramped. The split third row seat, that fold down and store out of the way are a plus as well. Read More

Read all 5 2010 Toyota Sienna reviews

2009 Toyota Sienna Reviews

Momma's New Ride. By cfedor

I cannot say any negative comments on the Toyota Sienna. It looks great, runs great, rides great, gets great gas mileage. It has all the amenities of your living room in it. Kids love it. Great cargo ... Read More

Great Van By Sddd

Ultimate family cruiser with all the options to make those long road trips with the kids easy. It even has built in shades on side windows to cut down on glare. The nav works great, put a movie in and... Read More

Read all 5 2009 Toyota Sienna reviews

People researching a 2004 Toyota Sienna contacted a dealer about

Toyota Sienna
Honda Odyssey
Honda Pilot
Chrysler Town & Country
Sienna
Looking for a Used Sienna in your area?
CarGurus has 18,973 nationwide Sienna listings starting at $1,500.