2003 Porsche 911 User Reviews

2003 Porsche 911 Review Ratings

• Review your car

• Performance:4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars 4.8 / 5
  • Appearance:4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars 4.8 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 out of 5 stars 4.7 / 5
  • Overall: 4.9 out of 5 stars4.9 out of 5 stars4.9 out of 5 stars4.9 out of 5 stars4.9 out of 5 stars 4.9 / 5

PROS
"sound" 5 reviews
"handling" 4 reviews
"speed" 3 reviews
CONS
"expensive car" 4 reviews
"high maintenance" 2 reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 22 2003 Porsche 911 reviews.

dus10reed writes:
Overall:

Pros

Super Super Fast! Mezger designed dry-sump GT1 motor. Reliable. Can drive in snow. A lot of bang for the buck right now. Awesome brakes! A very fun car to own.

Cons

Interior noise is loud. Has more squeaks and rattles than you'd expect from a high-end German sports car like Porsche. Although very reliable they do have a few chronic issues that are very common. Clutch accumulators leak & coolant pipes dislodge from engine case, but overall a very reliable car.

dus10reed

Best Porsche Bang For The Buck — These cars are probably the best bang for the buck going in the sports car world. A car that had an original sticker price of $145K that you can buy today for the high 30's and low 40's. A car with the same engine as the GT2RS. A car that can be reliable moddified up to 600 HP without having to change internal engine components. A car you can drive very very hard and it will take it all day long. A car with brakes that feel like the arresting wire on an aircraft carrier. A sports car with the best visibility around. A sports car that if driven conservatively can get high 20's mpg but if pushed can reach 200 MPH. Loved this car!

You found this review helpful

Looking for a Used 911 in your area?
CarGurus has 3,324 nationwide 911 listings starting at $12,975.
Jenn writes:
2003 Porsche 911 Carrera Review
Overall:

Pros

Handling, acceleration, looks, anything having to do with driving

Cons

Anything having to do with cost or size

The Love Of My Life — Handles like a dream, 0-60 in under 5 seconds, yet comfortable enough to be my daily driver. Not comfortable for anyone over 6 feet tall, and the backseat is really not a backseat as it is a grocery shelf. Also, the maintenance costs are outrageous. But, it's all worth it. Good sound system, too, not that you need it with that gorgeous exhaust note.

ciaran writes:
Overall:

Pros

Fast and reliable - nice combo! Unbeatable value used

Cons

Not much...

ciaran

All I Thought It Would Be — Great car- iconic - if you can you must. It has been super reliable as well, used these are supercars at regular sedan prices. The interior is simple but high quality and has really stood up well over the last 5 years I have owned mine.

Laurence writes:
2003 Porsche 911 Carrera Convertible Review
Overall:

Pros

Awesome experience

Cons

It will try to kill you.

It's A No Brainer! — I love this car! It has the German build quality you'd expect along with the experience of a sports car. Because it is a rear engined sports car it will try and kill you and the boot is so small it will only hold a bottle of champagne and a tin of foie gras. Oh well.

James writes:
Overall:

Pros

Quiet, Torquey as Hell

Cons

Sucks to park it.

Sexy — Thank you, Germany! A little rigid for streets but untouchable on the track. It's performance is built for the track. Under warranty, the 911 Turbo is very affordable and a dream to drive. Heads will turn as you choose gaps as if they stood still.

Steve writes:
Overall:

Pros

wicked fast, but easy to use as a daily driver.  my daughters like the back seat.

Cons

can't keep my right foot off of it

2003 911 Turbo X50 — The 911 has been my dream car ever since high school when a friend and I did a Risky Business in his dad's Targa. Breathtaking performance, great looking, but expensive to maintain. Lots of fun on the track! Acutally a quite practical car - for an impractical car. The girls' booster seats fit fine in the back seat.

mwh27 writes:
2003 Porsche 911 Carrera Targa Review
Overall:

Pros

Performance
Looks
Drives like it was carved out of a single block of steel

Cons

None!

mwh27

Unbelievable Performance With The Best Features Of A Coupe And A Cabiolet!!!! — Unbeatable combination of the best features of a 911 coupe with the open air feeling of a cabriolet!

Owner for 1 years, 0 months

Miles Driven per Year:1,000

greggully writes:
2003 Porsche 911 Carrera Convertible Review
Overall:

Pros

Best sports car made

Cons

rear seat

greggully

Awesome — Love the handling and style. A real head turner with the top up or down. Looks sexy with hard top too. Interior is cockpit style with all controls within arms reach of the driver. Would recommend this vehicle to any sports car enthusiast.

Abir writes:
Safety:
Snow/Ice:
Visibility:
Overall:

Pros

Buy one if you never owned one and are in the market for owning one promise you wont regret it.

Cons

that she was going old in terms of design and I fancied something newer as she didn't look the same as when I brought her with 13k miles on it when she was a fresh looker.

My Analysis Of A Porsche 996 Turbo S Us Spec Left Hand Drive — I miss it and will buy another 911 turbo newer model that is for sure. great amount of enormous power and reliability is bullet proof, tonnes of fun to drive, does eat up a lot of rear tyres depending on how hard you drive her but there is no point in buying a car like this if you not explore your self on the road and the country lanes when it allows you to appreciate it fully. I can say one thing though the car it self gave me great pleasure to own and drive but the OPC Porsche centre are wankers to deal with and always used to cause me a whole heap of stress and anxiety as they always used to mess the car up when they returned it to me always 1 thing or another used to go wrong short starter earth, coil pack after a major service, clutch installation issues the list is endless and I wasted 1000's on allowing them to rip me off for a unprofessional service from the main dealers it was appalling. Only the last 2 years when I started using private renowned specialists I realised how much cheaper and cost effective it became to own the car where I decided to upgrade the wheels and sports cat and silicone hoses and uprated throttle body with recirculation twin piston valves etc I got so much done and it was a fraction of the money to have so much done including another clutch change through them that I realised how simple n easy they where to work on never again I will go to main dealers. Sadly I had so much done but the car I was too bored by then n fancied a change so I got rid of it however 3 months later owning a 335i bmw twin turbo convertible and was hoping to buy a 2nd car CL65 AMG that I decided naaa I miss my turbo n have decided to sell the 3 series and down grade the idea of owning a CL65 to a CL63 AMG and buy another 911 turbo 997, nothing can give you that feel of a 911 turbo seriously once you own one you will realise it is the ultimate weapon of choice even my girl friend misses her which was rather surprising as she hated me driving it as she thought it was too flash and didn't fancy the idea of other woman checking me out lol. PINKY was the name of my car and it wore the number plate "H8 US X" nothing will ever replicate that baby as she was one of a kind I drove her daily and people in my town are glad she is gone even the police lol as I drove her hard day in day out and she never missed a beat.

Chris writes:
2003 Porsche 911 Carrera Review
Overall:

Pros

Power

Cons

nothing

Porsche 911 C4 — Fast but surprisingly practical (in its own fashion) and 25mpg on longer runs so not as uneconomical as other 320+ hp cars Overall cost of ownership also not bad, no more than 5 series beemers or e-class mercs I've had

Displaying 1 - 10 of 22 2003 Porsche 911 reviews.

Review your car

2013 Porsche 911 Reviews

Now I Get The Hype. By John

2013 Cab S. fun,fast. All around fun and an amazing driver experience. I wish i could afford Two , as i am already tired of sharing with my wife. If this is a vehicle you are looking to own, I recomme... Read More

Read all 2013 Porsche 911 reviews

2012 Porsche 911 Reviews

Should I, Or Shouldn't I? By breem

That was the question. I’ve had on lease a 2009 Cayman, which at the time I made that deal, found myself quite stunned to be sitting there at the local Dealership putting pen to the dotted line. I was... Read More

Read all 2012 Porsche 911 reviews

2011 Porsche 911 Reviews

Passion And Performance Without The Top By GPMotorcars

The appearance is sexy. The performance and handling is jaw-dropping. Build quality is second-to-none. The PDK is so quick, you cannot feel it shifting. Despite being a convertible, the chassis feels ... Read More

Read all 2011 Porsche 911 reviews

2010 Porsche 911 Reviews

2010 Gt3 By Cultvines

This car is such a thrill to drive. A true feast for the senses. It challenges you to drive it well and punishes you when you don't, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I sold my 86 911 Targa and 04... Read More

Dream Machine By CARMART_727

This is an amazing vehicle, the minute i got in it and drove it for the first time, i was taken by the handling and the power this car had. Everyone who can afford it should get it and enjoy the car. Read More

Read all 6 2010 Porsche 911 reviews

2009 Porsche 911 Reviews

2009 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet By Andy

The 2009 is a Gen 2 model with upgraded suspension, PCM (communications, touch screen navigation), exterior LED lights, new direct injection engines and PDK instead of Tiptronic. Its probably the b... Read More

Fabulous! By sharonsmith1

Great car! Love everything about this car...looks, handling, sound! Have no issues with this car...change the oil every spring when it comes out of storage and that's it! I would highly recommend this... Read More

Read all 10 2009 Porsche 911 reviews

People researching a 2003 Porsche 911 contacted a dealer about

2003 Porsche 911, 2009 Porsche 911 picture, exterior
Porsche 911
BMW 3 Series
Porsche Boxster
Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
Looking for a Used 911 in your area?
CarGurus has 3,324 nationwide 911 listings starting at $12,975.