2003 Dodge Grand Caravan User Reviews

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Performance:3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars 3.6 / 5
  • Appearance:4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars 4 / 5
  • Build Quality:4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars 4 / 5
  • Overall: 4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars 4 / 5

PROS
"reliable car" 3 reviews
"comfortable car" 3 reviews
CONS
"heavy car" 2 reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 19 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan reviews.

KKlutch8 writes:
Daily Commute:
Snow/Ice:
Overall:

Pros

Has served our growing family well though outgrowing it

Cons

It has the usual Dodge aging issues; nothing dramatic though thankfully.  The transmission, my biggest concern when buying it in 2007, has held up admirably.

KKlutch8

Solid Dodge Workhorse — Overall I would say I have been very pleased with this Grand Caravan. It has served our family well. As the minivan has aged past 100k miles its need for various repairs has increased, but not out of character for its family. The van rides well, though at 6'4", I feel I am pushing the size limit as driver. As a front seat passenger I was always comfortable. Three Radian Sunshine Kids (now Diono) car seats will fit securely across the back row.

Grand Caravan
Looking for a Used Grand Caravan in your area?
CarGurus has 38,705 nationwide Grand Caravan listings starting at $1,990.
btpickl writes:
2003 Dodge Grand Caravan 4 Dr SE Passenger Van Extended Review
Overall:

Pros

3.3 Liter Flex Fuel 174,000 Miles and still running

Cons

Dodge A/C usually seize up around 100,000.  Power steering started leaking at 125,000, but just keep it full.  Front struts, and stabilizer bushings went bad around 170,000

btpickl

Dependable Family Care — Dependable car, but the A/C goes at 100,000 miles like clock work. Have had 3 caravans all with the same problem. The fan speed control also burns out about this time. If you find a used one with these problems repaired on a 3.3 liter you should have a good ride that will go for 200,000 + miles.

gale77 writes:
2003 Dodge Grand Caravan 4 Dr ES AWD Passenger Van Extended Review
Overall:

Pros

I love this van for many reasons, but 2 specific ones are for the AWD and adjustable pedals because I have very short legs and now I don't have to sit scrunched up against the steering wheel. It is so comfortable to drive; I have driven it for 20 hours straight several times and not felt uncomfortable at all. It has all the bells & whistles I ever wanted.

Cons

Only negative is local driving gas mileage could b better, but it is 8 years old.

gale77

Love It! — It is a shame Chrysler/Dodge stopped making an AWD van in 2004 or 2005, but since that is what I needed I ended up buying two used 2003's and they have both been great! I wish more vehicles were available with adjustable pedals! I have trouble finding any other vehicle that allows me to reach the pedals comfortably.

JBrugge writes:
Interior Noise:
Long Trips:
Snow/Ice:
Overall:

Pros

Looks good for a minivan.  Comfortable, quiet ride.  Great on road trips.  Handles well for a minvan, pretty good acceleration.  Sound system is good.  Rear air is great!

Cons

Gas mileage isn't great, but it is a heavy V6 minivan.

JBrugge

It's Been A Comfortable, Reliable Vehicle. Very Few Problems. — Pros and cons above pretty well sum it up. This is the 4th Chrysler minivan we've owned over the past 24 years, and it's been a good one. The kids are grown now, and we no longer need a vehicle this big.

miadlphns54 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Great car for a family, although mine is out growing it.

Cons

Getting a bit small for my four teenage sons with a five year old as well.

miadlphns54

Great Car! Never Any Issues With Good Maintenance Routine. — As long as you keep up with good maintenance this van will go far. I currently have over 170k miles on it and it is still trucking. Never any major part failures. Just the normal stuff(i.e brakes, battery, and oil).

Antonietta writes:
Overall:

Pros

conveniant

Cons

American

Great For A Soccer Mom — i purchased it after my second son. Good vehicle but cluncky. it was an alltime low for me to be driving an american minivan.

Renee writes:
2003 Dodge Grand Caravan 4 Dr EX Passenger Van Extended Review
Overall:

Pros

It's RED!  and LEATHER!

Cons

It's sluggish and a gas hog.

Why Buying A New Car Isn't All It's Cracked Up To Be. — This is my third Grand Caravan. I loved the first two, which I got used. This was my very first new car. Unlike the other two, this one gets terrible gas mileage, has had more mechanical trouble, is more cramped, and it's harder to see out the back. It's also harder to handle on curvy roads and doesn't accelerate well. I won't buy another one. But it is VERY, VERY RED! And the leather seats are comfy, the dash is set up well, and I love the stereo controls on the back of the steering wheel.

Alisha writes:
Overall:

Pros

I like it because I can fit my family of four and my sister in-laws family of three in it.

Cons

It doesn't have a hitch to hail a tent trailer for camping

It Is Very Good Family Car. It Drives Great, I Just Love It Because It Finds Lots In It. — The brakes on are really nice, it is a easy stop and go, the handling is awesome, it isn't too pricey or to cheap either. It is a really fun car to drive, I love that it has two sliding doors, so the kids don't have to climb over each other getting in or out. I love the interior and exterior, because the kids can't do to much damage to it.

Lynn writes:
Overall:

Pros

Kids are seperated by bucket seats YEA!!

Cons

GAS! GAS! GAS!

We Love It — Great family car! Kids love it, because of the bucket seats. It has four doors, however the kids still climb though from one side or the other. Has a roof rack, my husband won't let me ride on it thought. Said something about it not be legal. It just looks like lots of fun!!!

Cindy writes:
2003 Dodge Grand Caravan 4 Dr ES Passenger Van Extended Review
Overall:

Pros

Luxury, drives like bein on a cloud, LOTS of power!! Automatic EVERYTHING, even got a theater system!!  WHOA!!

Cons

Nuthin

Me New Wheels!! — I was skeptical about owing a VAN....let's face it, i'm not in the Family mode where i have to transport 8 kids on a daily basis! But after taking these wheels for a test spin....all i can say is WOW!! I'm impressed! Does it ever drive NICE!! And LOTS of power thanks to the 6 banger under the hood. I'm used to my little 4 banger....WHAT a difference!! Getting that "pushed towards the back seat" feeling when u step on the gas.....brings back memories of the old days when I bombed around in high power V-8's!! i JUST LOVE IT!!!

Displaying 1 - 10 of 19 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan reviews.

Rank your car

1987 Dodge Grand Caravan Reviews

Clown Mobile By Ben

no ac, good seats, tape player, clicks very loudly, still runs when ever we need it Read More

Read all 1987 Dodge Grand Caravan reviews

1989 Dodge Grand Caravan Reviews

My Stepfather's Old Van By William

This was my stepfather's van, which was modified for wheelchair use. Since the floor was lowered and the middle row was gone, it was a pretty pimpin' ride in its way! It eventually gave up the ghost, ... Read More

Read all 1989 Dodge Grand Caravan reviews

1990 Dodge Grand Caravan Reviews

Comfortable But Not Sporty By davycrockett

Quick for a heavy van, had great brakes, kind of 'rolly' but a great driver Very well made ran for 190'000 miles, before fuel pumps kept going wrong Was a very great looking van around 20MPG, had some... Read More

Great For Getting The Kids, And Everything Else Around. Awesome Roadtrips By Ghostimage

Quality, only repair I have ever needed on this van was the fuel pump, after 20 years I would say a reasonable life span on that! A bit on the heavy side for city driving, but a dream to drive on tho... Read More

Read all 4 1990 Dodge Grand Caravan reviews

1991 Dodge Grand Caravan Reviews

I Love My Old Van By nelliel05

i love my Van, it has 396,000 and still is running great. it has never not gotten us to where we're going and we drive at least 250 miles a week. the gas mileage isn't bad, 23-24 mpg on the highway. i... Read More

Still A Great Van For 17 Years Old By Byron

overall the van is in great shape. The only thing wrong is the transmission and a/c having problems but hopefully they will be minor. I think it will do great for the money for only 600 dollars. Just ... Read More

Read all 1991 Dodge Grand Caravan reviews

1992 Dodge Grand Caravan Reviews

So Far So Good By Rogi104

This is a handicap ramp van. Since having trans rebuilt its ok. Don't drive it much mostly errands and to see doc. Everything Works except the AC. Also has hand controls and electric driver Seat that ... Read More

Read all 1992 Dodge Grand Caravan reviews

People researching a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan contacted a dealer about

Picture of 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan 4 Dr SE Passenger Van Extended, exterior
Dodge Grand Caravan
Chevrolet Venture
Chrysler Town & Country
Dodge Caravan
Grand Caravan
Looking for a Used Grand Caravan in your area?
CarGurus has 38,705 nationwide Grand Caravan listings starting at $1,990.