Sign in | Register | My account |

2002 Toyota Camry User Reviews

2002 Toyota Camry Review Ratings

• Review your car

• Performance:3.4 out of 5 stars3.4 out of 5 stars3.4 out of 5 stars3.4 out of 5 stars3.4 out of 5 stars 3.4 / 5
  • Appearance:3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars 3.7 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars 4.2 / 5
  • Overall: 4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars 4.1 / 5

PROS
"reliable car" 10 reviews
"comfortable car" 6 reviews
CONS
"small power" 2 reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 38 2002 Toyota Camry reviews.

Camryman writes:
Overall:

Pros

Reliable to the hilt, Good Fuel economy, Comfortable and quiet as a Lexus, The King of Used Cars.

Cons

Not as sporty as Accord or Altima. No Standard ABS on the LE.

Camryman

The Gold Standard — The car was one of the most reliable cars I have ever owned. I brought this car used with 23,000 miles. After 5 years of road trips I put about 130K miles on the car. The car runs just as smooth when I brought it. I have had no problems with the car. All I did was change the fluids and tires (the factory tires wear quickly. I suggest replace them with Yokahamas). The 2002 Camry is as smooth operator on the highway and quiet to boot. The car engine is so quiet at idle that I've cranked the starter only to find that it was already on. The the ride is as luxurious as any luxury car out there. The 4 cylinder is adequate for most driving situation thought not a power house. My Brothers Altima (4 cylinder) is much faster. The interior is top notch with good materials (much better than Altima). Fuel Efficiency is great with the 4 cylinder. I averaged around 31 on the highways and around 23 mph in the city. The thing about the 2002 Camry is that it is definitely not tunned for sport. Comfort is it's strong suit. The steering gives no feedback and the brakes are a little on the mushy side but have good stopping power when you need it. The handling while secure feels a little square on turns. If you are looking for sport feel this is not the car for you. However if you are looking for a honestly Good Car that is comfortable, fuel efficient, and will keep going for miles then this is your car. You will not be disappointed. Trust me on that.

Owner for 5 years, 4 months

Miles Driven per Year:20

Camry
Looking for a Used Camry in your area?
CarGurus has 81,726 nationwide Camry listings starting at $1,400.
Matt writes:
Overall:

Pros

Roominess, reliability, intelligent and thoughtful engineering

Cons

Performance, boxy looks

Give Older Camry's A Shot...and Use Amsoil For Better Overall Performance! — I bought my 2002 Toyota Camry LE 4 cyl. Used w/ 74,000 miles on it. I knew I was buying a grocery-getter that had mediocre performance and a non- existent "fun-factor", but the up-sides are still plentiful. The interior has very comfortable seats that border on luxurious and plenty of room for 4 full-grown adults and 1 young adult. Also, the trunk has a seemingly bottomless 16.7 cu. Ft. Of room, which I have only been able to fill once and that was with a drum set that was packed up. At about 82K miles, I flushed the engine, transmission and power steering unit and replaced all these fluids with Amsoil 100% synthetic, and the car drove much smoother and I obtained an all-time high of 34.5 mpg, and I now average 33 mpg with 125,000 miles on the Camry 4 cyl. The paint job sparkles when clean, and the build quality is still pretty good (my Camry was assembled in Georgetown, Kentucky). This car has been rock-solid for me in terms of reliabilty, functionality and low cost of ownership.

Julia writes:
Overall:

Pros

gas saving

Cons

too light ,may easy to bedamaged

Normal Camry Owner — maintenance is easy. Cost-saving and gas saving. toyota is really easy to carry-on. Women should choose this car or even honda. there are both good car maker. these jp cars' value won't drop a lot in a short time, really good to have it.

klcolgan writes:
Overall:

Pros

comfortable, great gas mileage, low maintenance costs.

Cons

the four cylinder is fine for daily commuting but lacks a little power with a full vehicle.

klcolgan

Excellent — Love my Camry!! has 180,000 miles and still gets around 30 miles to the gallon. I changed the catalytic converter at 150,000 miles (my mechanic tells me to get 150,000 miles out of the original converter was pretty good)... other than that just basic maintenance (oil changes, tires, etc)

Hong writes:
2002 Toyota Camry XLE Review
Overall:

Pros

good looking, no major problem

Cons

poor performance

Good Looking + Soft — pretty good build qualitiy, good interior material, ok sound quality, very soft brake, need more power, poor handling, soft suspension.

Sebastian_uzoh writes:
Overall:

Pros

The car is very reliable and sporty

Cons

My model does not have ABS

Sebastian_uzoh

Reliable — I like the fact that it is always ready to go. The engine is very strong. The height is just average so it can allow you pass through most bad roads. The acceleration is just ok just for the braking with is clumsy.

Andre29k writes:
Overall:

Pros

lots of power and cruise control. safety rating is excellent.

Cons

Could be more gas efficient

Andre29k

Strong Looks, Family First, Reliable. — The miles per gallon is a minus. Horse Power is a Plus. Excellent for traveling from state to state. The engine is very quiet and you can fit big luggage in the trunk. There is lots of space in the back seat for 3 people. I would buy it again.

97camry writes:
2002 Toyota Camry SE V6 Review
Overall:

Pros

Power, space available, handling

Cons

None at this time

97camry

Great Family Car — With three kids this has been a great family car that has now turned into my work vehicle to replace my 97 Camry V6 as I drive about 3,000 miles per month. We have done nothing to this car but add gas and change the oil.

tyonnakins writes:
2002 Toyota Camry SE Review
Overall:

Pros

My Camry is a great car, very reliable, and an attractive car.  It is the Camry SE, the first year of SEs and the SE package definitely added character and a more appealing look to the Camry.  I have 256K miles and I just recently replaced the original clutch.  I love that it is a manual transmission, especially hard to find in Toyota Camrys at the time.  The car is a great size with a large trunk, I have the 4 cyl by choice..  It has a Bose system. What I love most about it is that is has always made me feel safe, roomy for the size making it more comfortable, and it has pretty decent gas mileage and did definitely have low repair costs.  The last Pro, mine was made in Japan.

Cons

The only cons I can identify are that I was in an accident and the paint used during the repair is coming off, it is getting older and the need for repairs are inevitable. Lately it has been burning oil but at this point as long as I keep oil in it, it runs fine.

tyonnakins

The Best Car I Have Ever Had And I Do Not Want To Get Rid It! — There is nothing that I dislike about this car! It is my fourth Toyota and I am sure it will not be my last. It has, and continues to be, an exceptional car. It doesn't hurt that it is paid for either. During the period that I have owned my Camry, I have owned a Chevrolet and a Dodge. Unfortunately both cars cost me more to maintain and fix than they were worth even though they were newer than my Camry. Let's face it, I am biased!!!

Laurenne writes:
2002 Toyota Camry SE V6 Review
Overall:

Pros

handling, reliability!!  Pep, smooth ride, MPG, did I say reliability?

Cons

large tank, a little pricey to fill all the way up
breaks aren't as responsive as I'd like them to be

My First Car — This is my first car that I got for my sweet 16 & I'm now 22 and this car still works like a charm. This car has truly been my partner in crime [figuratively speaking, of course ;)] I go thousands of miles without oil changes and it still runs smoothly. Although its not the sexiest categorized sports car, my Solara SLE packs some pep! Being an over zealous new driver my friend who drives a 2008(?) VW Jetta put her car into Sport Mode and we raced to see which car was faster, and my car was faster. This car has lasted through a high school graduation and a college graduation with no major breakdowns. In between those two graduations its lasted through running over curbs, backing into paved walls (yes, multiple times), commuting twice weekly to downtown LA, avoiding mysterious objects in the middle of the 5 and 405 freeways-- all while being a smooth comfortable ride. All in all, this makes an EXCELLENT first car if you're looking for reliability, pep and comfortable. It could be a little more stylish, but I've definitely seen uglier with higher price tags.

Displaying 1 - 10 of 38 2002 Toyota Camry reviews.

Review your car

2014 Toyota Camry Reviews

Best Family Car Period By mfaisalakram

This Car retains its value like no other drives quieter than accord or altima .new design looks very aggressive as well only other vehicle i would prefer as family sedan would be mazda 6 19 inch facto... Read More

Read all 2014 Toyota Camry reviews

2013 Toyota Camry Reviews

Would Be The Best Car If Not Recalls By mystuffforsale36

Love power of V6 but in the same time relative fuel economy. Climate control is very convenient. Steering wheel controls are useful. Great stereo system. Auto dimming rear view mirror is priceless... Read More

Read all 2013 Toyota Camry reviews

2012 Toyota Camry Reviews

Review Title: 3rd Time Around By Camryman

Recently I purchased a 2012 Toyota Camry SE. So far I am very happy with the decision. This is my 3rd Camry (previously owned a 2002, and 2005). Both LE. This time I went with the SE as I didn't care ... Read More

Reliable And Cheap To Maintain And Operate By lewloc5150

This car has been extremely dependable. No problems in snow, sleet, or rain. Enough power to get up and go whenever needed. Quiet ride, lots of storage space, comfortable for longer rides with mult... Read More

Read all 10 2012 Toyota Camry reviews

2011 Toyota Camry Reviews

Great Car With Great Gas Milage By Rajaji75

There is nothing bad I can say about this car. Perhaps they could have made it more fun to drive but overall I would say that this is a good beginner or if you need just need basic liable transportati... Read More

Great Commuter Car With Quirks! By Tsouth

I bought my 2011 Camry LE used with 52,000 miles on it from a local dealer. They had 43 used Camry's, and this was the nicest one my wife and I could find, so you know it looks and drives like new! I ... Read More

Read all 13 2011 Toyota Camry reviews

2010 Toyota Camry Reviews

All Around Great Car By willkellyb

The gas mileage is phenomenal. Comfortable leather interior. Sound system has great quality. Easy to navigate through heavy traffic. Comfortably fits up to five people. Huge trunk space. Low cost for ... Read More

Highly Impressed With This Vehicle! By newtruckalternative

There are zero complaints about this vehicle. It is great on gas mileage, looks great, handles incredibly and is one of the most comfortable to ride in sedan! The engine is in fantastic condition and ... Read More

Read all 22 2010 Toyota Camry reviews

People researching a 2002 Toyota Camry contacted a dealer about

2002 Toyota Camry XLE picture, exterior
Toyota Camry
Toyota Corolla
Honda Accord
Honda Civic
Camry
Looking for a Used Camry in your area?
CarGurus has 81,726 nationwide Camry listings starting at $1,400.