2001 Ford Crown Victoria User Reviews

2001 Ford Crown Victoria Review Ratings

• Review your car

• Performance:3.9 out of 5 stars3.9 out of 5 stars3.9 out of 5 stars3.9 out of 5 stars3.9 out of 5 stars 3.9 / 5
  • Appearance:3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars3.7 out of 5 stars 3.7 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars 4.6 / 5
  • Overall: 4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars 4.4 / 5

PROS
"handling" 5 reviews
"reliable car" 4 reviews
"big car" 4 reviews
CONS
"handling" 3 reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 18 2001 Ford Crown Victoria reviews.

Jason writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Pros

SAFE!  Roomy, powerful, reliable, fantastic handling, quiet, air-smooth ride

Cons

Totaled :-(

This Car Saved My Life. — She was a fantastic car. I was driving down the expressway, ran into heavy traffic and had to slow to about 15 mph. Well, there was a Freightliner behind me that apparently didn't get the memo, and careened into me doing about 60 mph. My Crown Vic. stood up fantastically, and neither I or my passenger were hurt. I even drove it home! Unfortunately, the insurance company totaled it out, but all in all, I had no complaints about it whatsoever. I will tell you from experience, it's the safest damn car on the road! They're actually tested to withstand a 75 mph rear end collision from a passenger vehicle. Unfortunately, what hit me was a bit... bigger. For more info, read my 04' review!

Crown Victoria
Looking for a Used Crown Victoria in your area?
CarGurus has 1,366 nationwide Crown Victoria listings starting at $1,995.
Frank writes:
Overall:

Pros

Cheap to buy, cheap to maintain and operate

Cons

Gas milage, but the fun factor overcomes that!

Cvpi's Rock — Love the Ford Crown Victoria CVPI/P71! Tons of space, plenty of power. Cheap to operate, maintain and buy. I would recommend these cars to anyone that needs a large American made sedan. Last of the great American RWD steel!

Bob writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Pros

Police Package:  Goes like a bat out of hell; I'm not paying for it -- particularly the gas; traffic parts like magic when they see me in the mirror.

Cons

Very poor foul weather handling; useless in snow.

Recycled Police Cruiser — This is my work car; a retasked police cruiser. It gets me around town and carries all my gear. It has the virtue of not being mine. Dry pavement handling is okay as full size cars go and it doesn't lcak for get up and go. It's not a good foul weather car, however, with a severe lack of traction.

Toya writes:
2001 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor Review
Overall:

Pros

I looooove my car....

Cons

It sucks in city on gas

Hello Kitty — I am a member of a car club so my car stays maintained and up to date. Pics coming soon, after the remodel. If u like big cars this is a dream car. except if you been in the back when they belonged to the police!!!

bones2509 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Looks, build quality, performance, handling. ride, quite, safety, trunk size, interior room, and so much more.

Cons

The new tires somebody put on before I bought it, some Chinese brand.

bones2509

Cop Car In A Brown Paper Bag. — I have an 01 lx with the hpp package, so it has all the luxuries, with the cop suspension, engine, exhaust, trans and power steering cooler, and it sits lower than a squad car. The leather still looks new. There is 178,588 miles on it and I swear it runs as if it were new. The only things I am missing is the homelink system, oil cooler, and adjustable pedals. I would like to get the HDD projector headlights. $600 bucks is a lot of cash for headlights.other than that it is black with dark grey leather. A tint would be nice also.

kbro writes:
Daily Commute:
Safety:
Overall:

Pros

proven reliability, roomy interior, great ride, good power

Cons

styling hasnt changed for years, V8 fuel enconomy

kbro
17,095

Beast — I loved this vehicled while I had it. Great for any kind of driving weather you wanna drive it everyday or just use it for long trips. The fuel economy is better if you just use it for long trips it actually does decent for highway mileage but a lot of stop and go kills it. It wont be in the shop much they rarely have major problems. There is not much to dislike besides the fact thats pretty much only old people own them. some people dont want a v8 with fuel prices being so high. I would definately own another one.

teresatn writes:
Overall:

Pros

love this car.....best one I've ever owned.  Shame they don't make them anymore.

Cons

police interceptor

teresatn

Crown Vic — It has been maintenance free, and I've owned it for three years. It has only needed brakes, oil changes, and tires! I wouldn't be afraid to drive it anywhere in the U.S. It's just a little larger car than I need now, and certainly too fast, as it still has the police interceptor in it.

Kyle writes:
Overall:

Pros

I would have to say the v8 or the dual exhaust

Cons

gas mileage of coarse

Crown Vitoriea — its a v8 so i think that its a very quick and very nice car. like i said for having a lot of miles it runs like a champ. and it is an ex police car. the car is very fun to drive.

Jason writes:
Overall:

Pros

Fast, safe, fun to drive, reliable

Cons

City gas mileage

Police Package Crown Vics = Amazing Cars. — By far one of the best cars I've ever owned. Reliable, powerful, and SAFE. Got hit by a semi on the highway going 50mph faster than me (was stuck in traffic)...drove the car home and walked away. Great car.

William writes:
Overall:

Pros

Awsome car, not for everyone.

Cons

problems with police

Great To Drive, Reliable. — Great performance, acceleration new brakes in the front, good handling. needs a few repairs now and then. ok on gas considering its a large v8. used to be white, then black, then red. has a basic push bumper. Hard to own with police, not for everyone. great to drive, very safe. even great for the family, has child seat clips, lots of space.

Displaying 1 - 10 of 18 2001 Ford Crown Victoria reviews.

Review your car

2011 Ford Crown Victoria Reviews

Very Comfortable By 7215charlie_

comfortable and powerful. This car fits some personalities just right. If you want a cruiser- this type of car is for you. If you want a more youthful or modern style vehicle, I guess a Crown Vic i... Read More

Another Perfect One. By RSTORMFIELD

Ever since I got it from the dealership I have found no defects on this flying machine. Everything runs perfect on this car and when and if something breaks down I hear that the parts are inexpensive... Read More

Read all 3 2011 Ford Crown Victoria reviews

2010 Ford Crown Victoria Reviews

Great Car For Road Trips And Family, Police Model Also Has A Cool Stance. By KenF

Highly recommend the venerated Crown Victoria to anyone who can appreciate a large sedan that has both power and style, and that don't break the bank. Maintenance on the Crown Vic is easy and cost eff... Read More

Read all 2010 Ford Crown Victoria reviews

2009 Ford Crown Victoria Reviews

I Really Liked This Car. By Gmdog

The performance of this car is great, has very good acceleration, brakes work great, and the handling of this car is very good. I did feel very safe driving this car it is solid and great car. This is... Read More

Read all 2009 Ford Crown Victoria reviews

2008 Ford Crown Victoria Reviews

I Am So Proud Of The Way It Was Made. Awesome. By RSTORMFIELD

I like everyrhing about this car. Too bad Ford made the big mistake to stop its production in 2011. I think they will regret it everntually. The way the engine sounds when it picks up, its great pass... Read More

Read all 2008 Ford Crown Victoria reviews

2007 Ford Crown Victoria Reviews

Awesommme Car By John

Build Quality: Best Car Car Comparisons: Crown Vic. Best Car Eva. Performance: Awesome. Read More

Great Car By Ahmed

acceleration : real nice and fast inspite of the size of the bod handling : better handling than old models , real good Build Quality : its a tank on wheels doesnt have a serious problems Appearance :... Read More

Read all 3 2007 Ford Crown Victoria reviews

People researching a 2001 Ford Crown Victoria contacted a dealer about

Ford Crown Victoria
Mercury Grand Marquis
Chevrolet Impala
Ford Mustang
Crown Victoria
Looking for a Used Crown Victoria in your area?
CarGurus has 1,366 nationwide Crown Victoria listings starting at $1,995.