2000 Chevrolet Camaro User Reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 77 2000 Chevrolet Camaro reviews.

FireFoxFF writes:
Overall:

Pros

Beautiful looking car this generation of Camaro.  Sleek lines, classic build that looks fast whether driving down the road or sitting in the driveway.  Powerful under the hood (California Covert Package) yet gives nothing away at the light.  This car can suck the paint off anything it passes on the freeways.  The car is easy to maintain by yourself for everything except heavy duty maintenance, and yes I'm a girl.  The handling is super, very low center of gravity keeps you on corners even at above suggested speed.  The fatter than normal back tires allow for great grip on warm or hot roads.  Braking is great too, you have four disc brakes, no more drums.  The acceleration on the Covert package is amazing!  Takes the 6 cylinder up to the performance of a big 8!  This Camaro is a California car so it has a bunch of emissions equipment on it.  But, I will say, the gas mileage is spectacular!  I found I use just as much gas in a 4 cylinder Subaru as I do in this Camaro.

Cons

I am the original owner and nothing has ever annoyed me too much to complain about in over 14 years.  I will say that a Camaro, whether new or older, is not a good car for the Northern climates.  I used to live in Upstate New York and there, we called Camaro's "hockey pucks" on the road in winter.  Those fat back tires are murder in the snow and you cannot get skinny tires for a Camaro!  You have to be conscious in rain too when you brake but as long as you are NOT breaking the sound barrier, the car will eventually stop.

FireFoxFF

Silver Queen Camaro — My girl is a beautiful looking car for this generation of Camaro. The 2000 is still in the outstanding sleek and classic build that makes Camaros so popular and allows them to look turbo-charged whether driving down the road or sitting in the driveway. This particular car has an understated powerful engine under the hood (California Covert Package) yet she gives nothing away at the light. No loud glass-packs, no give away that this girl can take your silly 5.7 Mustang for a walk with no problem.

Camaro
Looking for a Used Camaro in your area?
CarGurus has 30,704 nationwide Camaro listings starting at $1,695.
Jimmy writes:
Snow/Ice:
Overall:

Pros

everything!

Cons

bigger back seat but then again it is a sport car only ment for 2 people!

My First Love! — i absolutely love this car no major work ever had to be done, just normal maintenance! performance from the v6 is definitely plenty! enough passing power, quick, stylish, comfortable, and it looks great sitting at a show! couldn't of ask for anything better!

Dsral writes:
Overall:

Pros

Great performance,  nice interior und exterior. When driving in Europe it's a real eyecatcher

Cons

None for me

Dsral

Great Car — This car is a real eyecatcher in Europe. Great performance, feels like a muscle car when I want it to. Drives comfortable. Engine is modded and body is lowered. 160 mph is no problem. Reliable car. Gear changes are smooth and throttle response is outstanding.

Jasperitus writes:
2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS Review
Overall:

Pros

Fun to drive

Cons

Sucks in the inclement weather

Jasperitus

Best Car I Ever Had — I'm not looking to sell my car, thanks! Speed! Acceleration! Torque! T-tops! Leather! Hurst six speed fun! SLP ram air package! Highway rider! Doesn't lose many races! Pops wheelies! Lays a patch! Decent gas mileage! How much more do I have to say? 2000 Camaro SS SLP! Fouad!

James writes:
Overall:

Pros

Fast/fun and looks good.

Cons

Hate the wheels

Great Dd Or Weekend Racer — Great performance, excellent handling, stylish, decent fuel economy. Fairly easy to maintain. Gotta love rolling through six gears. Responds very well to mods. Wheels are OK. Very fun to drive. Interior is ok, exterior is great. Sounds awesome throughout the rpm range.

konkretekid writes:
Daily Commute:
Visibility:
Overall:

Pros

Fun to drive, reliable, great commuter, quite a bit of power for a v6 and the car looks great.

Cons

fuel economy, cargo capacity limited and not a great family car it is a sports car.

konkretekid

Love This Car — Ton of fun to drive around, you always feel in control. nice tight steering wheel, easy to work on the front of the engine, never had any major issues with mine. Great daily commuter car for around town or even on the high way. The 5 speed is a great transmission and the 500 watt monsoon stereo system sounds great.

mguimond1 writes:
Overall:

Pros

This Camaro has been a very reliable car since I purchased it in 2002. Recently replaced all four tires and brakes.

Cons

It is not getting any younger and some of the plastic interior has started to wear. Still in good shape for its age.

mguimond1

Fun Car To Drive With The T-tops Out. — There is nothing that I do not like about this car. It is fun to drive has good power and acceleration. It has the Corvette LS1 engine in it to enhance the driving experience. This is a good project car since it has never been modified, there can be a lot of extra power added to it.

marlin1893 writes:
Snow/Ice:
Visibility:
Weight:
Overall:

Pros

Love this car its fast nimble sporty and gets 20-27 mpg. Nice cruising in the summer with the T-tops out. Leather interior is nice and comfortable on long trips.

Cons

Interior noise level a little loud but not disturbing limited trunk/storage space and visibility when backing up not very good

marlin1893

Sporty Almost As Fast And 1/2 The Price Of A Corvette — Bought this as a sporty weekend car with a manual 6 speed trans but love it so much I find myself driving it almost daily. Driven on vacation and it rides smoothly on most roads but a little stiff on bumpy back roads. Managed to get over 27 mpg on the highway even running mid-grade fuel. Really moves when you floor it and have a tank of premium not much out there for its price will pass you.

Peter writes:
2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS Convertible Review
Overall:

Pros

Looks ...Power....easy maintenance

Cons

Front seats could use to go back more for taller people

My 4th And Best Camaro So Far !!! — The looks and the power and handling of this car is right up there with the more pricier sports cars.... With the 6 speed manual transmission it is very fuel efficient for the size of the motor....but of course when driven more aggressively ....say bye bye to the Miles Per Gallon !!! All in All..if you want a Camaro and dont want to spend big bucks....The 1998 - 2002 LS1 Camaro is for you !!!! :)

ragtop69 writes:
Overall:

Pros

This is a great car with real V8 power that delivers 20 mpg in a commuter role and 26 mpg on the highway.  I've owned it since it was new and never had to use the original warranty because nothing went wrong with the car during that time.  I've since replaced one door speaker and one window motor.  All the car has required is regular oil/filter changes (I use Mobile 1 full synthetic), fresh tires (it has very high rubber Kumhos on it now) and brakes.

Cons

All of these cars have a nasty habit of warping the front rotors in normal use.  I have replaced the front rotors twice in the past due to warping.  The car will probably need new front pads (and maybe rotors) soon (the rears were done recently), and I would recommend using cross drilled rotors for better heat dissapation.  The car has another Camaro common problem with the ICM (internal control module).  It has a crack in a solder joint on the PC board that occasionally (depending on the ambient temperature) will expand causing the radio and the power windows to fail.  I have the info on how to re-solder the joint, but it wasn't bad enough to cause me to dig the ICM out from behind the glove box to make the repair.  It usually recovers with a toggle of the power door lock switch on the driver's door.

ragtop69

Great 4th Gen Camaro — It is a flyer! I recently sold my 69 Corvette 427/390hp 4 speed coupe and I know this Camaro would have blown its doors off in a head-to-head drag race. It is probably the fastest and quickest car I have ever owned. I have taken it to the drag strip on three occasions just for grins and it amazed me with its performance. This basically stock car, on street tires, ran a very respectable 13.44 sec. @ 107.43 mph in the quarter mile. That with 2.73 rear gears, set up for highway cruising. Can't imagine what it would have done with 3.42s. It still runs like a big hoss. Great acceleration to get on the highway or just to put a smile on your face.

Displaying 1 - 10 of 77 2000 Chevrolet Camaro reviews.

Review your car

2014 Chevrolet Camaro Reviews

Crazy About It By Hamood

its better than i expected sounds crazy, strong engine thats for sure, perfect in the rain and snow unlike other cars, love this car, great size on the inside front and back. Engine when upgraded give... Read More

Great To Drive! By Kenappel

I really enjoy the styling and performance. However, I hope that they can work to fuel efficiency going forward. However, our overall impression of the Camaro is very positive. We go on more road t... Read More

Read all 4 2014 Chevrolet Camaro reviews

2013 Chevrolet Camaro Reviews

The Car Is Great. Mechanics Need To Listen To Drivers Though By Karink1

No oil pressure gauge and no Spare tire, I found out after I had a flat tire and it took 3 hours to get my car home per wrecker. Again, I love the car and would buy it all over. Silver with black acce... Read More

A Hot Looking Retro Camaro That Turns The Ladies Eyes By jvanzeeland

I LOVE IT. When the new body came out in 2010, I have been waiting for the time that I could put it in my garage. I cant seem to wipe the grin off my face every time I get in it. I feel like I sitt... Read More

Read all 11 2013 Chevrolet Camaro reviews

2012 Chevrolet Camaro Reviews

Big Smiles By Sarraey

I like everything about this car. Fun and enjoyable, heads up display, smooth ride and just cruisin around with other camaro's around town, Hint using a clay bar will help bring out the depth of the c... Read More

This Car Is A Collectible 45th Anniversary And Would Recommend It To Any Camaro Fan That's Looking V By ocbarbershop559

I like the stripes and the look of the car is very sharp. Sport spoiler and 20inch sporty wheels . 45th anniversary logos through out the car looks great . The gauges on center console are a thumbs up... Read More

Read all 20 2012 Chevrolet Camaro reviews

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Reviews

All Around Great Car By Jesselandry2014

Love the speed and acceleration. Has great sound system, great gas mileage. Only cons are maintenance costs and low space. It's a manual so improves gas mileage and better control with acceleration. A... Read More

Nice Cruiser, But Take It For What It Is Worth And Don't Think You're Getting A Sports Car... By byannalfo

So, when Chevy FINALLY launched the new Camaro in convertible form, I went out and grabbed one of the first ones coming to my area... love the looks... on top of that, the engine was pretty strong..... Read More

Read all 31 2011 Chevrolet Camaro reviews

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Reviews

Awsome By Araiza88

Is a great car never had a issued with it, other then that first year that I had it I had to take it back to get the air conditioner fixed. It didn't work so they had to replaced the whole unit. But o... Read More

Excellent Car By DWil008

Its obvious that this Camaro is a beauty but what surprised me is how comfortable it is considering that I'm a fairly big guy. The maintenance is pretty much like any other vehicle in my opinion. The ... Read More

Read all 146 2010 Chevrolet Camaro reviews

People researching a 2000 Chevrolet Camaro contacted a dealer about

Chevrolet Camaro
Ford Mustang
Pontiac Firebird
Chevrolet Corvette
Camaro
Looking for a Used Camaro in your area?
CarGurus has 30,704 nationwide Camaro listings starting at $1,695.