1996 Pontiac Grand Prix User Reviews

1996 Pontiac Grand Prix Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Performance:3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars 3.6 / 5
  • Appearance:3.4 out of 5 stars3.4 out of 5 stars3.4 out of 5 stars3.4 out of 5 stars3.4 out of 5 stars 3.4 / 5
  • Build Quality:3.4 out of 5 stars3.4 out of 5 stars3.4 out of 5 stars3.4 out of 5 stars3.4 out of 5 stars 3.4 / 5
  • Overall: 3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars 3.6 / 5

PROS
"handling" 6 reviews
"comfortable car" 2 reviews
CONS
"heavy car" 2 reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 17 1996 Pontiac Grand Prix reviews.

Charles writes:
Overall:

Pros

Its nice

Cons

Not enough horsepower

Review — Great car, great mpg and cost me only $1500 with 190k miles. Does not burn gas, takes corners well and great torque. Maintenance is cheap for this vehicle as you can pick up the parts from any auto shop and i do all the work.

Elliott writes:
Overall:

Pros

Its fast and comfortable

Cons

nothing

Its A Fun Car To Drive — Its great on gas the acceleration and braking are great it has four wheel disc brakes and the 3100 v6 is outstanding.It is clean on the inside and outside dual exhaust and power everything. Its a very low maintenance car

Chelsea writes:
Overall:

Pros

Great highway gas mileage

Cons

Nothing

Nice Little Family Car — I loved my Burger mobile!! Had great highway mileage, needed a few things (Oil pan, tires). After 300,000 some kms on it, it was time for an upgrade!

You found this review helpful

Coady writes:
Overall:

Pros

its pretty roomy

Cons

gas

Nice Car — it was my first car that was legal to drive, and i loved driving it except for the fact it had no heat and i had to wire the stereo and put in rear speakers.. after all that i couldnt get enough of this car :)

bk2000 writes:
Daily Commute:
Overall:

Pros

It is fairly comfortable for daily commuting.  Leather seats, nice stereo and fairly quite

Cons

Slow off the line.  Starting to have some mechanical issues.

bk2000

Stylish And Comfortable. — This is a fun car with all the extras, the sunroof is developing a leak so I try not to drive it when it rains. It is slow at acceleration but picks up nicely on the top end. I like the way it handles and would buy another one.

heddy1129 writes:
Overall:

Pros

The biggest pro for this car is that it made it from CT to NC without breaking down. I replaced the radiator cooling fan, plugs, oil & filter before making the 12 hour trip!!

Cons

Front seats are not really comfortable and the trunk leaks(car was rearended and claimed totaled by ins. co but my brother-in-law stilled sold it to me)

heddy1129

My Car Is Ok....for Now! — I just replaced the battery, finally died after 4 years and I had to remove more than I expected just to get to it. For now it will do but will get rid of it when i can afford to.

Adam writes:
Overall:

Pros

good acceleration, great handleing, love the interior, low maintance

Cons

old, it's not exaclty the most attractive car in its styling

Like It — This car has great acceleration and handles really well. It is also loaded with leather seats, sunroof, steering wheel audio controls, alloy wheels, and dual exhaust, and a few other good features. I do not like the front end of the car. The coupe version of this car is much more attractive.

Douglas writes:
Overall:

Pros

It feels like a sports car without the sportscar price.

Cons

Nothing serious.

.... — Over all a nice vehicle, though some things could be better, like performance, and front bumper. The best aspect is MPG. My peronal vehicle get's 25 MPG. in general it could end up being a top car for average comuters.

heavy_dman writes:
Overall:

Pros

None, except it handled well what little time I had it on the road and not in shop

Cons

everything, nothing else good about these cars, there is a reason pontiac was the first to go when gm went south,

heavy_dman

A Car So Crappy Even Goes To Crap Under Proper Maintanance — I bought one of these in 1999, it was three years old, had 25k miles on it. I had it for a week started overheating, took it to a mechanic, he said manufacterer defect, pontiac built fan to close to radiator, rub when engaged. Also said he fixed 5 more same year same problem. About 3 months later, wouldn't go into gear, shift pin broke (--------) actual size, took it to dealership, talking to salesman, he said they had to send car truck back because the first two pontiacs wouldn't come off, had same problem. about 6 months later, lower ball joint popped out, that cost me about $350. then about 2 months after that the accelerator locked down, the car burst into flames (side note: fire wall in pontiac useless) before I could reach switch to turn it off, flames shot out the vents (see above parenthesis) back seat caught on fire car was total loss. I bought car for $6100, in a year and a half spent over $2000 in repairs, DO NOT PURCHASE ONE OF THESE, I feel for the workers, but thank god pontiac is out of business for good. The company got what it deserved. GM should be ashamed for putting their name on such a crappy product. Everyone that I know who had one of these cars (about 3-4 people) hated it, and had as many or more problems, I repeat don't buy one of these death traps. PS I had the car serviced regularly, oil every 3k trans once, I only put 18k on it before it died, car also belonged to well respected mechanic before I bought it, I was second owner.

Curtis writes:
Overall:

Pros

HANDLES GREAT, GRREEAATT GAS MILEAGE!

Cons

NO SUNROOF =(

Samantha — THIS IS MY BABY! Her name is Samnantha. I have had her since 2001. I got her when I was a jr in high school. I have put over 100,000 miles on her myself. She now has almost 236,000 on her. I have never done anything to her except have the intake gasket replaced (which is known to be a common problem with GMs 3.1L V6). I still drive her every day to work and where ever else I want to go. The gas mileage is still 25+! I plan on drivin her till the wheels fall off!!

Displaying 1 - 10 of 17 1996 Pontiac Grand Prix reviews.

Rank your car

1962 Pontiac Grand Prix Reviews

Loved This Car By captbob69

wasn't fast enough, should have found a Wrecked GTO, there were 3 major yards in my area, ( Adrian, Mi.) and rebuilt it to what i wanted, with a Posi traction, Now at 62 yrs old, i'm replacing the th... Read More

Read all 1962 Pontiac Grand Prix reviews

1963 Pontiac Grand Prix Reviews

Two Tons Of Fun, With Flames. By Norm

The owner before me had broken both motor mounts. There was a chain (!!) bolted to each upper control arm, over the top of the engine, with wood boards jammed under the chain where it crossed the valv... Read More

63 Pontiac By Ted

This car is why GM was the best car mfg in the 60s it runs great it cruises 70 mph without any hesitation..these cars were built for driving over the road and it is definetly a road car...Awesome Read More

Read all 3 1963 Pontiac Grand Prix reviews

1964 Pontiac Grand Prix Reviews

Old School Beast By Tim

'64 grand prix sport coupe with a 1976 400 big block with 450 hp. ,turbo 400 trans. and 12 bolt posi. Read More

Read all 1964 Pontiac Grand Prix reviews

1965 Pontiac Grand Prix Reviews

This Car Is A Frame Up Restoration By ChersRiv

We made a few changes putting this car together. My husband wanted to be different. We put 67 Pontiac spinners on instead of 65. We left the stainless off the lower body, as we did not get it when we... Read More

Read all 1965 Pontiac Grand Prix reviews

1967 Pontiac Grand Prix Reviews

Fun To Look At. By Jay

I love old cars, but they sure do suck to drive. Tiny little 14" wheels that are the drum brakes; a steering wheel out of a school bus; More squeaks and ratlles than a haunted house; a dashboard tha... Read More

My First Gp Convertible By beegredd

We had one of these when I was a kid and it was one of Dad's favorite cars. I always said I'd have one and I ran across the one I bought. It needs some work but will be well worth it. Read More

Read all 1967 Pontiac Grand Prix reviews

People researching a 1996 Pontiac Grand Prix contacted a dealer about

1996 Pontiac Grand Prix, For Sale in youngstown,Ohio/Eastside $550 dollars lost title little muffler leak.Must Sell, exterior
Pontiac Grand Prix
Chevrolet Impala
Ford Mustang
Nissan Maxima
Grand Prix
Looking for a Used Grand Prix in your area?
CarGurus has 3,786 nationwide Grand Prix listings starting at $1,295.