1995 Chevrolet Suburban User Reviews

1995 Chevrolet Suburban Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Performance:4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars 4 / 5
  • Appearance:3 out of 5 stars3 out of 5 stars3 out of 5 stars3 out of 5 stars3 out of 5 stars 3 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 / 5
  • Overall: 4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars 4 / 5

PROS
"big space" 3 reviews
"comfortable car" 3 reviews
"reliable car" 2 reviews
"big car" 2 reviews
CONS

Displaying all 9 1995 Chevrolet Suburban reviews.

cyber1946 writes:
1995 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 Review
Overall:

Pros

I use it as a portable tool chest, work great has a slide out tray.

Cons

Gas mileage

cyber1946

Toolburban — Great vehicle plenty room for all of my tools, has lots of power, and twin AC just a overall cool ride. I will soon be looking to buy another one, if I can find the right one. Maybe a pearl white one.

Suburban
Looking for a Used Suburban in your area?
CarGurus has 13,975 nationwide Suburban listings starting at $1,995.
Robin writes:
Overall:

Pros

Size & versatility, pretty tight turning radius for such a big ol boat!

Cons

A little short on power when towing compared to my previous Nissan Titan truck

A Nice Switch! — I had driven Nissan Titans since '06. At the end of 2013, I found a very hard to find low mileage '08 Titan king cab w/8' long bed nearby at just the right price for me. I traded in my '04 king cab short bed for it and for 8 days was the happiest camper in the universe! On Christmas day, an oncoming sleepy dairy farmer w/frosty windshield swerved into my lane and totaled my brand new baby. Thankfully, we people both walked away relatively unhurt, but my beloved truck was towed away, never to return... I was unable to find another truck of the same caliber, low mileage and affordable price, which left me in limbo for months. Finally, at the recommendation of a friend who drove a Suburban happily for years, I began looking at them and liked the idea! At this point, I wasn't willing to saddle myself with car payments. I located a '95 Chevy Suburban at a nearby dealership that had been ridden real hard and put up wet. They let me have it at a cash wholesale price, no warranty. I'm not sure if it was worth the money - I joke about renaming it a Duralast Suburban for all the new parts I've had to buy for it - but LOVE the size and versatility of it! I'm currently shopping for one in the '92-'99 generation that hasn't been as abused as my first one and will pick off all those new Duralast parts from it as needed. What I like is having a full 8'+ covered bed when the 3rd seat is removed and rear seat is down. I can carry countless feed bags and don't have to check the forecast for rain when visiting the feed store. Can also fit a queen sized air mattress for camping. I'm pleased to leave the tent at home for quick trips! The old man likes the 350 engine. He's not a Chevy/GMC guy, but has found the motor relatively easy to work on and replacement parts easy to locate.

Primary Use: Utility (towing boats, transporting cargo, etc.)

cityilu5 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Roomy, reliable, a beast in snow/off-road

Cons

Lack hp, lousy mpg, cheap door handles.

cityilu5

One Of The Best Work Horses U Will Ever Purchase — overall a decent large suv to purchase cheap. don't pay attention to the miles cause they will ride 300 plus easy. I have 208123 on mines and Im happy and whenever this engine goes I will put in another one

shaggy1981 writes:
Overall:

Pros

can put the wife the kids and the dog and still have plenty of room

Cons

i can fit the wife the kids and the dog in it

shaggy1981
Not Active

The Beast — is's great. road trips, around town, fuel mileage ain't bad. it pulls my boat and hauls whaterver we need for the weekend get aways without any trouble. most of the time i have to drive because of the third row seating.

Primary Use: Utility (towing boats, transporting cargo, etc.)

George writes:
Overall:

Pros

It's roomy. rugged. and perfectly built for someone who works on the road

Cons

unless you got deep pockets this car will kill you in gas costs.

Good Overall Standing - One Of The Last Few Well-built Chevy Trucks — I love this truck/SUV because it is tough and takes a beating. I can drive around with a carful of tools or family members to get the job done no matter what. The only downside to all that room, power, and solid body is the gas costs to run the big old beast.

lilxstephi116 writes:
Safety:
Visibility:
Weight:
Overall:

Pros

Over sized. Great condition. Reliable

Cons

Need a new a/c compressor. Need a paint job but NO RUST.

lilxstephi116

1995 Chevy 2500 Suburban — I liked that it's 4x4 and I could take it off road. I love that it's roomy. I never had any problems with the vehicle. Just the radiator and the starter. This SUV has been in the family for 12 years.

Jason writes:
Overall:

Pros

everything

Cons

the 4L60E transmission is known for having problems

I Love My Suburban — Everything about this vehicle is perfect for me, from the towing capabilities, to the fact that my whole family can fit in it, and we still have room to put stuff in the back. The paint job is perfect for me. The Vortec 350 has plenty of power, and being it's a 4x4 is perfect for summer mudding or for the winter snow around here. My only issue is the 4L60E transmission, had to replace the first winter I had it, the housing cracked. When I unbolted it from the transfer case, 5 pieces fell into my hand.

Jennifer writes:
Overall:

Pros

Its roomy, 4WD, 1/2 ton.

Cons

IFS

Fantastic Vehicle. — This is my first vehicle. She is retired from EMS, as she was the tech truck and, sometimes, first responce. Stock 350. 4-L60 transmission.My boyfriend and I paid $1000 for this truck (Well technically $500 as we did a job for teh hospital and stripped a ambulance and were paid $500 to do it, so that went towards this truck.) and put about $2800 into it. The main thing that cost the most was a new transmission case, as the mechanic that it was taken to before I bought it did not put the skid plates back on so a build up of snow caused it to crack. My boyfriend built me a skid plate, as I do not know how to weld yet. We had to replace the starter, as that was going. For a while, the Suburban would eat batteries...the battery that came with it worked great...then suddenly needed a boost allt he time...then we bought a new battery and after a few months that one was toast...now I am hoping its done eating batteries. When this truck served for EMS it had regular maintnance every 3-6 months. The acceleration is not the greatest, sluggish. Breaks are fantastic. Steering is a little stiff. I will be dropping the cat and replacing the exhaust once it is nicer out. The exterior is white with a couple rust spots and dings. Bumpers are chrome. Tires are bald, needing new ones in the summer. The interior is blue but in great shape! Other than some mud on the seats and rust in the back that fell off of a chain, it is in great condition! This truck was used a lot this winter; pulling people out. I love driving this truck. She is a gas pig, but what do you expect out of a V8!? Sadly, she has IFS. Once I have the time, money, and knowledge I will be doing a solid front axel swap. I plan to lift her about 6" and put 35s on her. I am going to start airbrushing soon and plan to paint her black. This will be my daily driver for a while, but I plan to retire her to a full time off road vehicle and lift it about another 6". I removed the running boards as I can have MORE clearance...and it looks better. This truck is, so far, my greatest investment!!

Marc writes:
Overall:

Pros

Lots of Room

Cons

Pig on Gas

Ugly Service Truck That I Bought To Replace My Volvo — Nice truck, was trouble free after the initial purchase but then I started to get some costly repairs, this I was expecting to a point because of what it is and how much I drive. Right now it is a money pit.

Displaying all 9 1995 Chevrolet Suburban reviews.

Rank your car

1940 Chevrolet Suburban Reviews

Rare Antique By Anoop

My Dads car This car is now in the Nairobi auto museum Read More

Rare 4dr 1940 Chevorlet Delux By Anoop

Very strong and in better condition then some new cars. you won't find any in this condition Read More

Read all 1940 Chevrolet Suburban reviews

1949 Chevrolet Suburban Reviews

Classic Suburbans, Built Like A Tank, Too Bad It Drives Like One Too! By Tom

Classic Suburbans rule! Slow, loud, handles like a brick, and stops as fast as it accelerates. Nothing better! Fun to drive but not so great for freeway use. Enough room inside to play basketball! Read More

Read all 1949 Chevrolet Suburban reviews

1952 Chevrolet Suburban Reviews

Old Chevy Trucks Rock By Peter

Okay, it's a PANEL, there wasn't a listing for Panel. Bought it in 1989. Rebuilt the drive train in 1999 putting in a fresh 1955 235 straight six with vintage hot rodding performance parts. Had the b... Read More

Read all 1952 Chevrolet Suburban reviews

1955 Chevrolet Suburban Reviews

I Don't Know For Sure When Or If I Will Attempt To Redo This One. By 1oldschool

This piece is a classic,the suspention is terrible and the stock configuration was a Bakery truck w/a stock 265 cu in v-8 and 3 spd on the colomn. I've redone this w/a 350-400 S/B a 400 B/B a 454 and ... Read More

Read all 1955 Chevrolet Suburban reviews

1966 Chevrolet Suburban Reviews

Hot Rod Suburban By Sverre

With a 454 from an newer SS this one really moves. The steering and breaking does not quite work as well... The sheet metal is good and straight. Fresh, upholstered seats. Great patine inside. Flat... Read More

Read all 1966 Chevrolet Suburban reviews

People researching a 1995 Chevrolet Suburban contacted a dealer about

Chevrolet Suburban
Chevrolet Tahoe
Suburban
Looking for a Used Suburban in your area?
CarGurus has 13,975 nationwide Suburban listings starting at $1,995.