1991 Chevrolet Corvette User Reviews

1991 Chevrolet Corvette Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Performance:4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars 4.2 / 5
  • Appearance:4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars 4.4 / 5
  • Build Quality:3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars3.6 out of 5 stars 3.6 / 5
  • Overall: 4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 / 5

PROS
"speed" 4 reviews
"handling" 4 reviews
CONS
"storage" 2 reviews

Displaying 11 - 18 of 18 1991 Chevrolet Corvette reviews.

Tomray writes:
Overall:

Pros

It's a corvette that has been taken care of and has been used for the last 11 years only as pleasure. It rides good and drives very good holding to the road like only a vette can do.

Cons

No passenger room in the back and very little room for shopping bags or cargo.

Tomray

My Little Red Vette — It's a great car for a couple. it is not intended to be a family car. I would buy another one just like it, in fact I am looking for another one at the present time. If you want a fun car this is the one for you.

Corvette
Looking for a Used Corvette in your area?
CarGurus has 10,836 nationwide Corvette listings starting at $3,499.
jo7038 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Nice looking car and handles very well.  Has a lot of "new" item the last 2 years including the paint on the front

Cons

Wish it had a trunk like the new models, there is a small space for storate behind the front seats.

jo7038

Fast Classy Looking Car And Fun To Drive — Wish it had the adjustable gas/brake peddles. Seems good on gas and it corners nicely. It is fun to drive and had good acceleration. If you are short-waisted (like me) you may need a pillow to sit on as you ride low to the ground (which looks cool, but a little hard to see over the bonnet!!)

paulc writes:
1991 Chevrolet Corvette Review
Appearance:
Overall:

Pros

Nice looking, fast car.

Cons

Never ran quite right.

paulc

Money Pit! — Looked good, but spent more time on a flatbed than on the road. Had more squeaks than a farm fulla baby chicks. Radio went out, seals leaked, alternator, battery went..ggeesshh..

Owner for 4 years, 0 months

Miles Driven per Year:7,000

Patm21 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Looks good; handles great; fantastic gas milage

Cons

None

Patm21

Love It! — It's a fun car to drive, and always turns heads. While fueling up I'm constantly getting compliments on the car. The gas mileage at 23MPG is phenominal! Although the top is down during the majority of my driving, the top goes up in ~ 15 seconds or less whenever there's that chance of rain. The Bose system has been completely refurbished and sounds great.

AdmiralJimmy writes:
Snow/Ice:
Overall:

Pros

This is my third Corvette, and my second C4.  I would have preferred an LT-1, but this L98 was affordable, and it performed when I took it for a test drive.     The front cross-brace has really stiffened the front end.  My other C4 was a '92, and the weakness of the clamshell hood design was apparent in the vibrations I felt every time I drove it, and especially when I removed the targa top.
The L98 engine is good.  At 250 bhp, it is down 50 bhp to my old LT-1, but its 350 lb/ft of torque is up 20 lb/ft compared to the LT-1.  That torque, combined with the gearing of the 3.45:1 rearend, allows me to leave on anyone.
This '91 was exactly the right color combination for me -- I had been looking for a Quasar Blue C4 with a black interior.  I previously owned a '01 coupe in Millenium Yellow with a red interior.  I thought that I would eventually warm up to the red, but it always bothered me to be surrounded by red when I really wanted a black interior.  I have learned that if I do not like something immediately, I will not grow to like it.
One of my favorite features of any C4 is the clamshell hood.  I still get revved up every time I pull up that hood and reveal the entire engine and front suspension!
Another C4 feature that I love is how low the car sits.  The first '97 C5 I saw was in a parking lot, so I pulled my '92 C4 alongside it.  I got a huge smile when I saw that my '92 was one inch lower than the '97.
Most people complain about getting into a C4, but to me, I feel that I am stepping INTO the car, where I belong, and as close to road as possible!  In my '01, I felt like I was getting into any other Chevrolet, even my lowly Cavalier.

Cons

This Corvette has not been as bullet-proof as my two previous Corvettes.  I remind myself that my '01 C5 was only 4 years old with 32,000 miles, and my '92 was 8 years old with 42,000 miles at the time of purchase.  This '91 was 20 years old with 59,600 miles when I bought it.  Otherwise, everything is as I expected.
As with any C4, getting out of it is always an adventure!  Make sure that the door does not swing back into you, and that you have your feet planted properly so that you do not twist your ankle.

AdmiralJimmy

Blues Shark — At this point, I have a second car, so "Nassau Nellie" has become my project car. Now I can add more personal touches to her. I have big plans for her, and I cannot wait to get started with them.

Bruce writes:
Overall:

Pros

FANTASTIC CAR !

Only 40,000 Miles ! — GREAT CAR, looks good,feels good driving. drives straight. does not pull. breaks are new. stops great.engine feels like new.just tuned up..top is in great condt. tires are good.everything in it works. air cond. is great. can not find a thing wrong with it.has new battery. no damage.electric everything..

teacher1123 writes:
teacher1123

Always Wanted A Nice Car For My Wife — We are enjoying the car. We live in central Fl.and took it out yesterday with the top off. The vette is red and we get compliments all the time. I enjoy the pickup when you push it .The previous owner installed wide stainless exhaust tips which are very attractive from the rear.The lumbar pump on the drivers side does not work nor the c d player otherwise it seems totally flawless. We are looking forward to adding more features to the car.

Dinandro writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Pros

Dream

Cons

nothing

Best Sport Car — My vette is C4,Z06, 6 Speed STD, Engine LT1 420HP, Hipertech Power Chips Street Runner, Hipertech coil, Spark plugs Bosch Platinum Racing, Edelbrock High Performance throttle bodies 52mm, Triple Air intake Cold air induction,Exhaust Corsa Performance power pulse LT1 Pro series 3.5", Wheels BBS 18", Brakes Baer Kit, Red interior and exterior styling.

Displaying 11 - 18 of 18 1991 Chevrolet Corvette reviews.

Rank your car

1954 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

Old But Strong By Jacob

sometimes unreliable starter (solonoid problems). easy clutch (3 speed-converted). beautiful though Read More

Read all 1954 Chevrolet Corvette reviews

1955 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

The Rarest Corvette Left Of Any Year By copper55

My is one of 15 copper colors sold, a driver and top flight, having both after market tops, plasticon & bubble top. %100 original. We've driven it all around the country 116,000 miles on it and loved ... Read More

Read all 1955 Chevrolet Corvette reviews

1957 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

Fun Driver And Gets Lots Of Looks. By Bruce

The performance was way better than from factory as the engine was a 283 bored to 301 and it had 2 four barrels. Also the bumpers and top were off most of the time. I never got beat from light to ligh... Read More

Great Classic, Now Expsive, Make Sure It's Restored By Greg

dad bought it in early 90's from a collector in scranton, broke down all the time right after purchase, had it restored and works great now Read More

Read all 1957 Chevrolet Corvette reviews

1958 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

A Dream Com True By Aaron

She was a short track racer that had been hit in the front right corner. the old man that owed it lost his eye sight and could't race any more. he advertised it as a race car only, but i reconized it... Read More

One Vette In The Works By Brad

This pic of the Corvette is not one of mine. This is what mine is bound to look like though. My dad and I are fixing it up and plan to put a 383 stroker in it and possibly nos later on. The car i know... Read More

Read all 1958 Chevrolet Corvette reviews

1959 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

Flashy Car, I Liked It Very Much. By Sandune

LIKES - Good looking, Girls liked riding in it ! In shop once to have shifter stalk welded up so it quit sliding around when shifting. Jeez I was cool then ! The fit and finish was ok for those year... Read More

Gorgeous!!!! By Erin

Ford Mustang
BMW 3 Series
Chevrolet Camaro
Corvette
Looking for a Used Corvette in your area?
CarGurus has 10,836 nationwide Corvette listings starting at $3,499.