1988 Chevrolet Corvette User Reviews

1988 Chevrolet Corvette Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Performance:4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars 4.3 / 5
  • Appearance:4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars 4.6 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars 4.2 / 5
  • Overall: 4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars 4.6 / 5

PROS
"speed" 3 reviews
"handling" 3 reviews
CONS
"expensive car" 2 reviews
"interior" 2 reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 14 1988 Chevrolet Corvette reviews.

Andrew writes:
Overall:

Pros

Well, its sleek, its comfortable for one or either two people. I have it built for top performance and racing.

Cons

I hate that its an older model and that it doesn't look as great as the newer models, and that it won't ever have the performance capability as the newer Z06's or ZR1's.

Its A Great Car, Its Reliable, I've Only Had To Replace The Heads Once On It. Otherwise A Great Car. — performance- 1-60 mph in 4.2 seconds. Build Quality- One head change period since I got it. Appearance- White body color, white interior. Great condition. Leather seating. Cost of Ownership- 17 mpg. synthetic oil only, and premium gas only. Fun Factor- I would say this is probably the best car I've owned. I used it for racing the strips, and I also used it as an every day driving vehicle. Custom LS1. NOS. Hooker headers, magnaflow exhaust. Custom 88 Lingenfelter vette. Beautiful car.

Corvette
Looking for a Used Corvette in your area?
CarGurus has 10,248 nationwide Corvette listings starting at $3,500.
88VetteVert writes:
Snow/Ice:
Visibility:
Weight:
Overall:

Pros

Dependable, economical, quick

Cons

Getting in with the top up! You have to learn how to enter and exit. You don't step into the car. The best way I've found to get in is to sit down and then bring your feet in. Exiting is reverse. Turn and put your feet on the ground, then "fold" out.

88VetteVert

Very Nice With Classic Lines. A Real Head-turner! — This is my first 'Vette and it is the most fun I've ever had in a car that I didn't build! Handling, acceleration, braking, and ride are all superior. Catches comments and looks wherever I go. Cheap to own and operate. Cheap to maintain. Just a real fun ride!

Thosebookpeople writes:
Accessories:
Daily Commute:
Interior Noise:
Parking:
Visibility:
Weight:
Overall:

Pros

Great looks and performance. 14 second quarter mile, 0 - 60 5.6 seconds. .87 g skid pad, .34 drag coefficient, 153 mph top speed, 28 mpg highway. The hatch back will easily carry 2 carts full of groceries. It runs and handles great at 26 years of age with 89,000 miles and being made of mainly aluminum and fiberglass,  this car will never rust. : )

Cons

Very stiff suspension, rattles. Electronics are unreliable. The very low stance makes the car fairly difficult to get in and out of but that's part of the price of owning a sports car.

Thosebookpeople

Love It. — Yes, the horsepower may sound low at 250, but the torque is good at 340 and the gearing is set up to take advantage of that torque. The light weight of 3,100 pounds gives it a respectable power to weight ratio. I prefer this C4 body style to the C3 and C5 generations and you can't beat the price on these under rated beasts.

Ben writes:
Overall:

Pros

Quick, handled decently and would have been fairly easy to work on.

Cons

Poor quality interior and frustrating digital dash, automatic transmission, really high
asking price.

Not My Favorite Vette — I was looking at this car primarily for a project car, however was just too rough to really consider. The interior was shot and the paint was chipped off most of the exterior and the convertible top was trashed, however these were the things I was planning on working on, however, even the instrument cluster was about out, about 10 of the LEDs that made up the bar graph portion of the speedometer were out, as well as two of the ones in the numerical display. The automatic transmission though was what really made me decide not to purchase this car. If you really punched it off the line, the car pulled and shifted really well, but once you backed off a bit, the transmission left a bit to be desired as it would never really seem to be in the gear you wished it would be. Also, since it was a C4 Vette, its body shape was about the least attractive of all the Vettes (in my opinion at least.) At least it appeared that the engine would be easy to work on, as the hood was huge are revealed everything from the left tire to the right. All in all it would have made for a fun project but I am glad that I saved my money for something else instead.

1oldcat writes:
Overall:

Pros

Great car

Cons

None I know of - mine has been great

1oldcat

Best Out Of 3 Vettes I've Owned — I was 40 when I got my first vette - 79 T-top then an 84 coupe and finally the 88 convertible which also has the hard top for winter or bad weather. Though I like the wheel fenders better on the 79 - the 88 handles the best, seats are more confortable and still a joy to drive.

Owner for 12 years, 0 months

Miles Driven per Year:10,000

Marc writes:
Overall:

Pros

looks

Cons

dated interior

My 1988 Convertible Corvette — My particular car is an 88 convertible with a 92-96 body kit. It has the 250 HP L98 engine which doesnt have as much power as the LT1, but has proven to be very reliable and trouble free even at 93,000 miles. I have driven this car from the middle of Germany to the South of France and back with no problems, so I rate the car very highly. It also attracts attention when its top is down which pleasantly surprised me.

pkazsr writes:
pkazsr

Beautiful Car Just Sitting Still — Outstanding looker right from the factory. Any external modifications would ruin the look. Performance is lacking in the quarter mile but as a daily driver around town and on the interstate very comfortable and powerful. Excellent gas mileage (20-27 mpg)

Owner for 0 years, 6 months

Miles Driven per Year:2,000

Tavis writes:
Overall:

Pros

The cornering prowess.

Cons

You need more than two seats, and a laughably small cargo area.

The Benchmark By Which All Other Cars Are Measured. — An absolutely stellar car. It looks great, performs spectacularly while still delivering a comfortable ride, gets great gas mileage(would you believe 31 mpg on the highway?!), is dead reliable, the body will never rust, and is entirely over-engineered. An American icon.

Ratpack writes:
Overall:

Pros

There's nothing like a ragtop Vette! The older the better!

Cons

Can't leave it parked unattended, not that we ever would!

Ratpack

If You're A Car Guy, Or Gal, You Have To Own A Vette At Least Once In Your Life! — We picked this car up at a reasonable price as a father and son drivable project. This is how it looked when we got it. Runs well with a good tuneup, fluids, filters, tires, wheels, new white top, pumping stereo. Fun as hell to drive and draws a lot of attention at local shows. Even won a trophy already.

Rankor writes:
1988 Chevrolet Corvette Review
Rankor

Today, 19dec06 — Since I was young and saw my first Corvette, I was in love with it. Now that I'm 52 and had the chance to latch onto an 88, I'm not dissappointed. I've driven Corvettes before at different times but today was the day I drove one as an owner. Needless to say, my thrill could not be contained. Although a bit cold natured, I imagine some minor adjustments and maintenance will bring this Vette up to snuff. I couldn't ask for perfection since it's a used car, but for all that it is currently: it's a creampuff. For it's engine size and technology, it's incredibly fuel efficient. It's my time now.

Owner for 0 years, -1 months

Displaying 1 - 10 of 14 1988 Chevrolet Corvette reviews.

Rank your car

1954 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

Old But Strong By Jacob

sometimes unreliable starter (solonoid problems). easy clutch (3 speed-converted). beautiful though Read More

Read all 1954 Chevrolet Corvette reviews

1955 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

The Rarest Corvette Left Of Any Year By copper55

My is one of 15 copper colors sold, a driver and top flight, having both after market tops, plasticon & bubble top. %100 original. We've driven it all around the country 116,000 miles on it and loved ... Read More

Read all 1955 Chevrolet Corvette reviews

1957 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

Fun Driver And Gets Lots Of Looks. By Bruce

The performance was way better than from factory as the engine was a 283 bored to 301 and it had 2 four barrels. Also the bumpers and top were off most of the time. I never got beat from light to ligh... Read More

Great Classic, Now Expsive, Make Sure It's Restored By Greg

dad bought it in early 90's from a collector in scranton, broke down all the time right after purchase, had it restored and works great now Read More

Read all 1957 Chevrolet Corvette reviews

1958 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

A Dream Com True By Aaron

She was a short track racer that had been hit in the front right corner. the old man that owed it lost his eye sight and could't race any more. he advertised it as a race car only, but i reconized it... Read More

One Vette In The Works By Brad

This pic of the Corvette is not one of mine. This is what mine is bound to look like though. My dad and I are fixing it up and plan to put a 383 stroker in it and possibly nos later on. The car i know... Read More

Read all 1958 Chevrolet Corvette reviews

1959 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

Flashy Car, I Liked It Very Much. By Sandune

LIKES - Good looking, Girls liked riding in it ! In shop once to have shifter stalk welded up so it quit sliding around when shifting. Jeez I was cool then ! The fit and finish was ok for those year... Read More

Gorgeous!!!! By Erin

Handles like a dream. Read More

Read all 3 1959 Chevrolet Corvette reviews

People researching a 1988 Chevrolet Corvette contacted a dealer about

Chevrolet Corvette
Chevrolet Camaro
Corvette
Looking for a Used Corvette in your area?
CarGurus has 10,248 nationwide Corvette listings starting at $3,500.