1981 Chevrolet Corvette User Reviews

1981 Chevrolet Corvette Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Performance:4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 / 5
  • Appearance:4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars 4.8 / 5
  • Build Quality:3.9 out of 5 stars3.9 out of 5 stars3.9 out of 5 stars3.9 out of 5 stars3.9 out of 5 stars 3.9 / 5
  • Overall: 4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars 4.6 / 5

PROS
"reliable car" 3 reviews
"part" 3 reviews
"speed" 3 reviews
CONS

Displaying 11 - 19 of 19 1981 Chevrolet Corvette reviews.

Kamran writes:
Overall:

Pros

Its really fun to drive

Cons

Nohing

Good — 430 HP 450 ft/lbs of torque. This car overall has a good build quality and is reliable (if stock). It doesn't have the best gas mileage but it is also is corvette not a prius. Very fun car to drive.

Corvette
Looking for a Used Corvette in your area?
CarGurus has 10,848 nationwide Corvette listings starting at $3,499.
Adan writes:
Overall:

Pros

It's mine.

Cons

It's not yours.

Is That Batman? — My 1981 corvette is my baby. Jet black with silver leather interior, I could not ask for a more beautiful/badass color combo. 350ci of American sports car balls, it pushes out about 300 ft/lb of torque. Sit back, try to relax, and enjoy the ride, if you're lucky enough to get one.

thunder92 writes:
Overall:

Pros

style but the 81 vettes aren't built for speed

Cons

little things going wrong like window motor cheap upholstery

thunder92

A Corvette Is A True American Sports Car That Sets It Apart From The Others — I like the older style Vettes but the power and handling of the new Vettes are awesome. Cons style I want my car to look wicked not like its got a happy face!!!!!!!!!!!

Owner for 6 years, 0 months

Miles Driven per Year:2,000

Eric writes:
Overall:

Pros

fast, great grip, pretty

Cons

no cupholders

Needs Bloody Cupholders! — The car's great, it's my fathers but i seem to drive it more then him lately. Original interior, original tires... which need replacing. Brakes are old as hell and squeak... but other then that, love being able to fly by. So many people thought i was racing them when i was just driving by.

Kelsey writes:
Overall:

Pros

classic

Cons

once you break the body its trash

Very Nice Looking Car — fast car, the A/C doesnt work. has T tops. sticks right to the road on fast corners. my mom has had it sense 85. does great donuts and surges =p ha great to pass cars also. shouldnt be made out of pexi-glass

David writes:
Overall:

Pros

Simple and easy to work on.  Gets looks and compliments everywhere.  Handles great and is very fast.

Cons

Rattles a lot.  Some electrical issues.

I Love Love Love My Shiny Red Vette — I bought this car for $4,000 a couple of years ago. It had been in a minor accident and needed a little body work up front, needed paint, and the automatic transmission was slipping. But under the hood was a very strong 383 stroker motor with Elderbrock intake, Holley 750 carb, and long tube headers. I spent a couple of weekends fixing the body work - using fiberglass body filler bought at Wal-Mart. Had the car painted at Econo-Bake for $500 and it looks darn good for what I've got in it. I bought a rebuilt TH350 transmission out of a wrecked Malibu for $125 and installed myself. I added a B&M shift improver kit ($30) to the transmission, bought the side pipes for $200 from Summit Racing and the car is perfect for me. She will smoke the tires as long as you hold the gas pedal down, looks great, and gets compliments everywhere. I absolutely love my Corvette but a car like this is not for everyone. You need the time, place, and tools to tinker and tune on this car.

Dave writes:
Overall:

Pros

Great power, Killer looks, and it's a Vette!

Cons

Seems to always be needing something. It'll cost you a lot if you can't repair it yourself.

You're 18 And Drive A Corvette? — This car all in all is a great car. I bought the car for $6000 in 07, and I've probably got about that much into it, putting me right at about $12,000. Since then, I've put in a new 350 crate engine, put on a new hood, rear bumper, quarter panel, transmission, 2 different exhausts, new suspension parts, and a bunch of other goodies. It runs like all hell. It's got a .30 over 350 (355), 10.1 compression, good flowing heads, aluminum intake, 750cfm carb, and longtube headers into sidepipes. It moves damn well. It has independent rear suspension and coils up front, so it handles nicely, too. It does seem, however, that I'm always fixing something, but then again, it is 27 years old.

Neil writes:
Overall:

Pros

Power and handling.

Cons

Gas guzzler!

Get One If You Can Afford One Now. — Classic Power, handling, and torque. Limited capaciity and leg room, but a "Chick magnet"! One of Chevy's best models for the time. Best value for price. Definately a fun can to drive and comfortable for the driver and one passenger.

a68cord writes:
Visibility:
Warranty:
Weight:
Overall:

Pros

Great looks , Easy to get parts, Everyone can work on this car. America`s true sports car, It is what I perceive my idea of what a sports car should be in a specific time.

Cons

Gas consumption, People want to touch it ! , No bumpers , Very bright inside on a sunny day (a cap cures that). As I get older , getting in and out is harder.

a68cord

Everyone....everyone ! ....examines A Vette In The Garage (4 Year Owner). — First of all I love the looks of my car. I haven't gone on any log trips yet ( more than 3 hours) ,but with the power seat it adjust so that I have never found it to be uncomfortable. I have had 3 classic cars (Cord, Porsche, Corvette) and this is the easiest and least expensive to maintain. As far as performance ,braking and handling, there are newer cars that do it better. But I stopped driving cars to the edge in my thirties. Being a older car I have gone through it completely to stop leaks, rattles and to be sure its safe in every possible way .. That costs, but it also removes almost all doubt of disappointment. When I go to my toy after its sat for 5 days or 5 months (winter) . I`m good to go . Lastly ,every person who enjoys cars should own something they wished they could have had when they were younger. House payments , wife , kids came first . Now its my turn. I have had this itch since I saw the 1958 corvette , then it was the 63 through 67 and the 1978 thought 1982. Cost factored into the purchase. A wise man told me " Buy what you can afford ... then multiply that by at least two ". Boy was he right on . So in closing , I would say put a list together of your top five choices. Check your funds to spend. Give yourself at least five years if its even slightly a project. Then enjoy talking with people about your car .Going different places for both the drive and the destination. And hearing some weird comments.

Displaying 11 - 19 of 19 1981 Chevrolet Corvette reviews.

Rank your car

1954 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

Old But Strong By Jacob

sometimes unreliable starter (solonoid problems). easy clutch (3 speed-converted). beautiful though Read More

Read all 1954 Chevrolet Corvette reviews

1955 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

The Rarest Corvette Left Of Any Year By copper55

My is one of 15 copper colors sold, a driver and top flight, having both after market tops, plasticon & bubble top. %100 original. We've driven it all around the country 116,000 miles on it and loved ... Read More

Read all 1955 Chevrolet Corvette reviews

1957 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

Fun Driver And Gets Lots Of Looks. By Bruce

The performance was way better than from factory as the engine was a 283 bored to 301 and it had 2 four barrels. Also the bumpers and top were off most of the time. I never got beat from light to ligh... Read More

Great Classic, Now Expsive, Make Sure It's Restored By Greg

dad bought it in early 90's from a collector in scranton, broke down all the time right after purchase, had it restored and works great now Read More

Read all 1957 Chevrolet Corvette reviews

1958 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

A Dream Com True By Aaron

She was a short track racer that had been hit in the front right corner. the old man that owed it lost his eye sight and could't race any more. he advertised it as a race car only, but i reconized it... Read More

One Vette In The Works By Brad

This pic of the Corvette is not one of mine. This is what mine is bound to look like though. My dad and I are fixing it up and plan to put a 383 stroker in it and possibly nos later on. The car i know... Read More

Read all 1958 Chevrolet Corvette reviews

1959 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

Flashy Car, I Liked It Very Much. By Sandune

LIKES - Good looking, Girls liked riding in it ! In shop once to have shifter stalk welded up so it quit sliding around when shifting. Jeez I was cool then ! The fit and finish was ok for those year... Read More

Gorgeous!!!! By Erin

Ford Mustang
Chevrolet Camaro
Pontiac Firebird
Corvette
Looking for a Used Corvette in your area?
CarGurus has 10,848 nationwide Corvette listings starting at $3,499.